Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
The idea seems to be "Giant padded boots to make it clear these guys just fall from orbit and don't bother braking before they land," which... could have been cool?

I kinda don't mind how they look, although the welder's mask doesn't help.

They really remind me of the big stompa boots from Super Mario Bros.: The Movie, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I think the welding mask fits the helmet's profile way better than the giant hood does. The pose on that model also makes it look way more dynamic than the original Dark Imperium ones. They look more like an orbital strike team, less like they're being gingerly lifted into the air by their helmets.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
The models are definitely not my favorite but making a big fuss about the boots is pretty weird. It's a really clear design queue that they fall a long way and need some additional support. It probably could have looked better but that part of the model is definitely doing what it's supposed to.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

chutche2 posted:

Terminal velocity isn't a thing with poo poo in orbit. If you're dropping in from orbit you're going far in excess of terminal velocity before you hit the atmosphere, that is why there is giant sheets of plasma coming off poo poo re-entering the atmosphere.

All terminal velocity means is it's the fastest speed you can fall if starting at 0 velocity and accelerated only by gravity due to drag.

"wired article about stratos space jump posted:

Can he fall faster than the speed of sound? ——————————————-
Here is the real question that you have been waiting for. The answer is yes (probably). To understand how, lets look at the forces on Felix right after he leaves the balloon.

Since he isn't really moving (yet) and there isn't much air anyway, there is just the gravitational force on him. Since this force is down, it causes him to start moving faster and faster as he travels down.
As he starting going faster, there is an air resistance force. You have probably felt this force when you put your hand out of a moving car window. The faster you go, the faster the force. However it also depends on the density of air. So, at the begging of the jump, the forces might look like this:

Since there is an air resistance force in the opposite direction to the gravitational force, it essentially makes the total force smaller (but still down). This means that he will still speed up, but the rate that he speeds up will be less. The key point is that he is STILL speeding up and getting faster. Oh, this is the part that he could go faster than the speed of sound.
He can't keep speed up forever. Eventually, his speed will get large and the density of air will increase as he gets lower. At some point the air resistance force becomes larger than the gravitational force like this.

Now that the force is in the opposite direction as his speed, he slows down. Eventually, he will slow down to the point where the air resistance force and the gravitational force are the same. At this point, he will not speed up nor will he slow down. This is called terminal velocity.

also re: the dumb boots, the guy the article is about wasnt wearing some insane shock absorbing boots when he jumped from 128k feet

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Orbital velocity is way loving higher than some guy in a balloon fyi

Yes you will slow down eventually if you were in an infinite volume of air, but there's not enough time between hitting the atmosphere going thousands of kph and when you hit the ground for the atmosphere to bleed off all of your speed.

This article is about a guy starting at 0 relative velocity and then accelerating due to gravity. Entering from orbital velocity isn't remotely similar. The speed of an object in low earth orbit is around 7 km/s.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 21, 2017

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
if youre at orbital velocity, then wouldnt you just orbit the celestial body as opposed to landing on it? :raise:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

if youre at orbital velocity, then wouldnt you just orbit the celestial body as opposed to landing on it? :raise:

They start out in orbit. Then they decelerate in order to drop out of orbit. But they're still going real loving fast when they hit atmosphere. The space shuttle is still going 1200 KPH 25 miles out from the runway. It's going around 27,000 kph when it's in a thick enough part of the atmosphere to cause plasma to form.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Meanwhile space capsules get away with using only air resistance and parachutes to not pancake after reentry.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Floppychop posted:

Meanwhile space capsules get away with using only air resistance and parachutes to not pancake after reentry.

Capsules take a very long, slow trajectory to burn off as much speed as they can in the atmosphere. Even the shuttle, which has wings to fly with, takes like a 30 minute long approach to get its speed down to a few hundred kph for a landing.

Assuming that these are still using the Heinlein fiction that drop pods were based on as a reference, orbital combat drops need to be done in as short a time as possible or else they're vulnerable to AA targeting. I don't think it's going to be super useful for your battle to call in reinforcements and your drop pods and inceptors to get there half an hour later.

Have you guys never heard of "rods from god"? These are rods dropped from orbital velocity that are going 8 km/s when they hit the ground. Do you think those slow to terminal velocity?

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 21, 2017

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
so assuming these nerds dont somehow burn up in atmosphere, and theyre going like 17k mph so they dont get shot down by aa systems, please explain how a couple shock absorbers strapped to their feet will keep them from making inceptor shaped craters around the battlefield

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

goose willis posted:

Honestly the Vostroyans looked goofy as all loving hell back in the day but if they were redone with more recent plastic models and had some better "official" paint jobs on pictures of them they'd look great

The Bee posted:

This is AoS, not 40k (I swear, they're pushing Nurgle to the moon this year), but this might be what we have to look forward to with those multi-legged slug creatures.

I can't say I'm the biggest fan. I like goofy in my hams, and it still looks really goofy.

This is Rogue Trader level goofy and I kinda love it, even if Nurgle's not for me.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

so assuming these nerds dont somehow burn up in atmosphere, and theyre going like 17k mph so they dont get shot down by aa systems, please explain how a couple shock absorbers strapped to their feet will keep them from making inceptor shaped craters around the battlefield

Space Magic? It's not remotely a realistic way to deliver troops, in a setting that isn't remotely realistic. I'm not making any kinds of arguments for the materials science of getting them down at that kind of speeds. I'm just showing that terminal velocity isn't relevant to the conversation.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
so why bother with the skids in the first place, they look dumb as gently caress

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

because ceramite and adamantium and shock boots and jump packs might as well be magic as far as the laws of physics are concerned

I like how you tried to go "uhhm akkshuulally" twice and just exposed yourself as an idiot using Yahoo answers

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The extra boots are hover shoes.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Autism Sneaks posted:

because ceramite and adamantium and shock boots and jump packs might as well be magic as far as the laws of physics are concerned

I like how you tried to go "uhhm akkshuulally" twice and just exposed yourself as an idiot using Yahoo answers

actually wikipedia

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Slurms McNurgle loving owns. I'm going to keep the plague marines from the new box just so I have an excuse to buy that dude.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

chutche2 posted:

Have you guys never heard of "rods from god"? These are rods dropped from orbital velocity that are going 8 km/s when they hit the ground. Do you think those slow to terminal velocity?

I don't know if the Sword of Damoclese satellite is real or not, but a boy can dream. :allears:

The best named weapon.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I don't know if the Sword of Damoclese satellite is real or not, but a boy can dream. :allears:

The best named weapon.

Yeah they're a theoretical weapon right now but only in the sense that no one has bothered to send one up yet. They're fairly simple, but it's not cheap to lift multiple ton tungsten rods to orbit. But the air force has been looking into them for years.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Also there are treaties about weapons in space.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You can't have a nuke or a nurgle rocket ins space under treaties, but you are technically allowed to have inert rods that impact the ground at tv. It's just too expensive.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

!Klams posted:

How am I supposed to play skitarii? I have two unites each of rangers and vanguard, Cawl, a techpriest and two onagers. Every game so far has basically just been me shooting at the biggest thing with all my plasma and characters with my snipers until melee happens and all my stuff is uber toast?

How many points do you play? Throwing in some of the bigger robots or those weird priests with the staves (who are surprisingly tough) could help out in CC.
Though for skitarii it might be better to take the Infiltrators with some shock prod thingies might work for CC.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Dude has the contents of 2 start collecting boxes plus Cawl, I'm guessing new player just trying them out.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
After early successes with my Tyranids, I keep getting my rear end handed to me in uncool ways. How are other tyranid players keeping up? I keep reading Tyranids are in the upper mid-tier. My experience sees them somewhere near the bottom. I especially find the following things troublesome:

- few good ranged answers against heavy weaponry / tanks
I have three choices: Exocrines, Hive Guard and Tyrannofex. Tyrannofex gets 4 shots, only doing D6 damage when two in a row hit. Crap. Exocrine gets 12 shots with S7 AP -3 D2. Better, but to get that potential she cannot move. This means you basically have to deploy her in the open to hope for any kind of damage potential. So far, I tried fielding two of them with a termagant bubblewrap. But, if your enemy wins the initiative, most lists can easily shoot one or two T7 W12 3+ models off the table. Hive Guard are the last option, one I haven’t tried yet, but they only do D3 damage. Basically, I’m missing a lascannon equivalent that I can field in larger numbers.

- same problem against flyers
This is pure conjecture, since I haven’t played against flyer spam yet, but I think my only real answer here are Exocrines again (or winged hive tyrants), and they can get focused easily.

- and again, transports
If I can’t shoot transports, I have to kill them in melee. A savvy player will wait for me to bring my genestealers to bear against a useless rhino, then counterkill the stealers with whatever was in the transport.

- Reroll command bubbles
It seems everyone and their mother are bringing heavy weapons with rerolls. Tyranids don’t have that option. I’m only aware of the Warrior Prime giving Warriors rerolls, and some abilities giving rerolls on 1’s, but that’s about it.

Yesterday I played a game vs Chaos. My opponent had brought Abaddon with 3 Laser Predators, plus a crapton of Cultists and some other things he wanted to try. He deployed the tanks after I was completely done, then stole the initiative – with three tries, that’s actually pretty likely (we played with the chapter approved rule, so I got a +1 starting roll, he spent a CP to reroll his roll, then seized, then spent a CP to seize again, getting the 6). He used the stratagem that let his tanks wound and damage with +1 and shot my Exocrine and Tervigon off the board, with shots to spare. Also 15 Genestealers. Mind you, this was all stuff in a Malanthrope aura, which didn’t help at all. I basically started the 1850 point game 680 points down. It went as expected. I didn’t even get to any of the tanks due to his abundance of bubble wrapping. I messed up in deploying my Tervigon in LOS, but honestly didn’t expect him to shoot both guys off the table.

Next game, I guess I’m ditching the balanced approach and will try the following:
3x 20 genestealers, each with a broodlord
3x 20 termagants, with 11 devourers each
1x Malanthrope
1x Trygon

It sounds terrible. I will deploy everything except the Trygon and just hope that 120 troopers are enough to give most lists trouble, and only shock the Trygon in if I can get a tank in reach. If my opponent plays flyers, I’ll have the option to shake hands without deploying.

Sorry if this post is too salty, yesterday’s game was very off-putting.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Luebbi posted:

After early successes with my Tyranids, I keep getting my rear end handed to me in uncool ways. How are other tyranid players keeping up? I keep reading Tyranids are in the upper mid-tier. My experience sees them somewhere near the bottom. I especially find the following things troublesome:

- few good ranged answers against heavy weaponry / tanks
I have three choices: Exocrines, Hive Guard and Tyrannofex. Tyrannofex gets 4 shots, only doing D6 damage when two in a row hit. Crap. Exocrine gets 12 shots with S7 AP -3 D2. Better, but to get that potential she cannot move. This means you basically have to deploy her in the open to hope for any kind of damage potential. So far, I tried fielding two of them with a termagant bubblewrap. But, if your enemy wins the initiative, most lists can easily shoot one or two T7 W12 3+ models off the table. Hive Guard are the last option, one I haven’t tried yet, but they only do D3 damage. Basically, I’m missing a lascannon equivalent that I can field in larger numbers.

This is pure conjecture, since I haven’t played against flyer spam yet, but I think my only real answer here are Exocrines again (or winged hive tyrants), and they can get focused easily.

- and again, transports
If I can’t shoot transports, I have to kill them in melee. A savvy player will wait for me to bring my genestealers to bear against a useless rhino, then counterkill the stealers with whatever was in the transport.

- Reroll command bubbles
It seems everyone and their mother are bringing heavy weapons with rerolls. Tyranids don’t have that option. I’m only aware of the Warrior Prime giving Warriors rerolls, and some abilities giving rerolls on 1’s, but that’s about it.

Yesterday I played a game vs Chaos. My opponent had brought Abaddon with 3 Laser Predators, plus a crapton of Cultists and some other things he wanted to try. He deployed the tanks after I was completely done, then stole the initiative – with three tries, that’s actually pretty likely (we played with the chapter approved rule, so I got a +1 starting roll, he spent a CP to reroll his roll, then seized, then spent a CP to seize again, getting the 6). He used the stratagem that let his tanks wound and damage with +1 and shot my Exocrine and Tervigon off the board, with shots to spare. Also 15 Genestealers. Mind you, this was all stuff in a Malanthrope aura, which didn’t help at all. I basically started the 1850 point game 680 points down. It went as expected. I didn’t even get to any of the tanks due to his abundance of bubble wrapping. I messed up in deploying my Tervigon in LOS, but honestly didn’t expect him to shoot both guys off the table.

Next game, I guess I’m ditching the balanced approach and will try the following:
1x Malanthrope
1x Trygon

It sounds terrible. I will deploy everything except the Trygon and just hope that 120 troopers are enough to give most lists trouble, and only shock the Trygon in if I can get a tank in reach. If my opponent plays flyers, I’ll have the option to shake hands without deploying.

Sorry if this post is too salty, yesterday’s game was very off-putting.

I've had somewhat similar experiences, though I have played maybe 5 games or so now. While things aren't anywhere near as dire as the last few editions, I feel like 'nids still have some issues.

Mainly, our monstrous creatures are kind of expensive, but not really durable enough to survive longer than a turn, or to not degrade to uselessness instantly. Tyrants feel especially nerfed and squishy for the cost. We also have basically no rerolls on our actually major guns. Even that Warrior Prime thing is just a +1 to WS/BS. Couple this with often low volume of fire and bad BS, and shooting is about as lackluster as it can be. I haven't tried them yet, but apparently Biovores, Pyrovores and Hive Guard are the major exceptions. Probably since you're not putting all of your eggs in one mostrous basket.

What I have found to work is: Genestealers & Broodlords for obvious reasons. Being able to field incredibly lethal troops is a nice thing. Carnifex are pretty nice too. one is pretty easy to take down, but they're cheap enough to field in fairly large numbers. Trygon's are cool for getting your troops (genestealers) in to uncomfortable places. Swarmlord is also really nice for slingshotting you melee options. He's beastly in melee as well, but really demands a Tyrannocyte to get anywhere. The Tyrannocytes are also nice for deploying things like huge devilgaunt mobs, more genestealers, pyrovores, whatever. I'm also basically just bringing Catalyst on my psykers and nothing else. Just to survive shooting a little longer.

I have no idea what to do with fliers, though. Our more casual community basically has a gentleman's agreement about not fielding those.

I'm hoping our eventual Codex will patch things out a little. I don't think nids are in a terrible place, but I do feel like we're quickly figuring out the monobuild for this edition again. Giving us things like Hive Fleet based bonuses and stratagems could help a ton, and bioartefacts too. But I'm not holding my breath for actual unit changes, besides some minor point cost changes.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Luebbi posted:

Tyranids were in a decent position when indexes first came out as they were all fairly shallow. As we see codexes with more options for stratagems, relics, warlord traits that gives newer armies more depth, so unfortunately we're going to be at a disadvantage for a little while. We're lacking mechanics to supplement the mediocre WS/BS stats on a lot of bugs.

Luebbi posted:

most lists can easily shoot one or two T7 W12 3+ models off the table

It's worth noting that both Exocrines and T-fexes are T8 now, which does make a difference especially against small arms fire trying to finish them off. Right now our biggest advantage is how undercosted Malanthropes are; squeezing at least 2 in a list should be virtually mandatory as they essentially give a 25-33% reduction in incoming fire. Obviously that's no guarantee as you saw, but still worthwhile for just 90pts. Our other main option for durability is Catalyst, which is of course of limited use if you don't get first turn.
Finally, don't forget how the recent FAQ on cover affects our big bugs. If you can get them in contact with area terrain they need to be 50% obscured for a bonus, but it doesn't matter what is obscuring them. It could be terrain but it could just as easily be other bugs. A disposable Carnifex or bunch of Gargoyles can result in a 2+ save on a far more important Exocrine and help it last through that first turn.

Luebbi posted:

- and again, transports

Against both flyers and transports you want Hive Guard. Both their weapon options were pretty well improved this edition; hitting flyers on 4+ now. Impalers have good reach (which helps as you don't really want to move them), while Shockcannons are cheap and will land mortal wounds on 50% of hits making them a decent counter to units with invuln saves like Heldrakes. Don't forget that Shockcannons can also advance & fire to get the best position, and if you throw Onslaught in there too there's no penalty for it.

Slimer maggot deathspitters on a Hive Tyrant aren't a bad option either if you're planning on bringing a HT anyway - high volume S7 AP-1 fire is naturally effective against both flyers and transports.

Luebbi posted:

It seems everyone and their mother are bringing heavy weapons with rerolls

As above, this is one of our biggest disadvantages. For now our best option is just to carefully select your armylist and maximise the number of command point re-rolls. A Tyrannofex in particular can benefit from this, as the re-roll can help both shots to land and become a super-lascannon. Between 90pt Malanthropes and 33pt Ripper swarms it's pretty easy to bolt on extra detachments, and both of these are useful units to boot.

Luebbi posted:

1x Malanthrope
1x Trygon

I actually played a very similar list a few weeks ago, with some subtle differences:

2 Broodlord
2 Prime
3 Malanthrope
34 Genestealers
28 Hormagaunts
8 Rippers
75 Termagants (inc 30 devs)

The idea was to present no decent targets for heavy weapons while the horde swept over any objectives, and it worked quite well. All the 'stealers and hormas died but by then the characters were bouncing the enemy deployment zone chasing down units single-handedly while the termagants controlled most of the board. An idea worth trying for Tyranid players sick of lascannon spam.

xtothez fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Aug 21, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Tyranids are my most common opponent, there's 3 or 4 nid players here.

If they have at least 20 genestealers for every 750 points, they do pretty well. If they go all-in on nidzilla they get tabled. The more the better, I've seen a guy drop a list that was like 80 genestealers and 2-3 broodlords and table people every single game.

Genestealers under catalyst are still hard to deal with when you've got a critical mass of them. Broodlords are great too. Hive tyrants can be vulnerable to heavy guns but I've had flyrants smite + charge my stormraven and kill it in one round, they're great at dealing with flyers. Malaceptors have never done much when I've fought them but draw fire, but if they're only 90 points then yeah they take a lot to kill and still have to be dealt with because they can definitely kill a tank if you let them. Exocrines are really hard to deal with, too. I've only fought a tervigon once but it was pretty annoying.

The flying nids are basically worthless since they don't have hard to hit, I've killed harpies and hive crones trivially every time I've fought them. Carnifexes also seem to be kinda lovely, when they get to melee they never do much unless you go all in on old one eye and a carnifex swarm, but heavy weapons can still kill them pretty easy. FW stonecrushers though are brutal, I regularly see them kill my dreads in one fight phase.

Broodlords are their best HQ. They're small enough to not be shootable, and I've seen one wipe out terminator squads by itself.

Hormagaunts are really nice to have in a list, just like 15-20 of, to use their 6 inch pile in and consolidation moves to tie up hundreds upon hundreds of points worth of models and stop them from shooting. You might get a few lucky kills with them but it's mostly incidental.

One thing I keep seeing done really effectively is taking min squads of termagants and just filling up space with them to prevent any deep striking behind your line. 10 termagants can form a chain to deny a lot of board space for very few points.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Figured I'd cross-post this Red/Crimson Terror I just finished painting.

I'll see if I can devour some enemy characters with it in a game tomorrow.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
How good of a job have codices done at making underwhelming units better so far? Nids being great this edition was awesome at first, but if its because of the same group of units it'll be kind of disappointing.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Well, marines saw some big point drops. They made some underused things way more viable, like terminators, sternguard, inceptors, and vindicators. Terminators went from 48 to 40 ppm because of the power fist discount and that's definitely pushed me towards fielding them more. And the new stratagems definitely push me towards stuff like triple predators or bringing heavy bolters and missile launchers for their special stratagems.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Arson Fire posted:

God drat son that is a slick set of buggalugs

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Arson Fire posted:

Fantastic model and a very well done homage

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Arson Fire posted:

Oh man, where is this from? Some kind of Starcraft conversion?

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Well my play group has stated that my Eldar are welcome only as Craftworld because Ynnari are "OP BULLSHIT!"

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

TWSS posted:

Well my play group has stated that my Eldar are welcome only as Craftworld because Ynnari are "OP BULLSHIT!"

Cool, do you get to decide what they play too?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TWSS posted:

Its funny when you deliberately deny ynnari a soulburst by staunchly not killing the last guy in a squad until they wont get much from it.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

TWSS posted:

That's pretty loving lame.

I really like colorful armies so much of the appeal of Ynnari is having the huge diversity of units and colors.

Also, based on tourney results, Ynnari don't seem to be OP BULLSHIT?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Re: inceptors:

The the skids are built into the jump pack so it's like an exoframe the dude steps into. Much like the dreadknight or cents. It looks pretty cool when you see the whole model.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

bonds0097 posted:

That's pretty loving lame.

I really like colorful armies so much of the appeal of Ynnari is having the huge diversity of units and colors.

Also, based on tourney results, Ynnari don't seem to be OP BULLSHIT?

You'd be surprised just how little it takes for thin-skinned hams to declare something overpowered bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

The Bee posted:

How good of a job have codices done at making underwhelming units better so far? Nids being great this edition was awesome at first, but if its because of the same group of units it'll be kind of disappointing.

Mutilator got reduced by 15ppm, oblits got their guns doubled (assault 2 to assault 4) for no cost. Possessed got twice the wounds (wound 1 to wound 2) for no cost. Chaos bikers got a 6ppm savings.

Lots of help for units that were meh before.