Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Bloodborne is still probably the best game ever

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The game of games

folder
Oct 9, 2016

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Bloodborne is still probably the best game ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

http://youtubedoubler.com/lzBw

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

got a huge hankerin to play this again so i think i will cheers

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Curse the fiends, their children too...
and their children forever true.

folder
Oct 9, 2016
I posted in the other thread but I'm really just that happy I beat OoK. After dozens of attempts I learned that the trick is to be Perfectly calm. That being said he tricked me a few times because he did the tell where he either does his Green Goblin move or the ground explosion like EUAHH OWAAAH *SPLATCH* but instead he just stood still looking at the floor while I flopped around in the water. Great boss.

Starting NG++ immediately... I'm 45/45 on Strength and Skill so it's time to put everything into Arcane for this run and do all the chalices

folder
Oct 9, 2016

lmao

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

doing a skill build this time. . I'm level 51 and using the rifle spear. I forgot how loving good this game is

Dec 26, 2012

lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

is bloodtinge and skill a good combo lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, it's great for using both forms of the blood katana (I forget the name at the moment) effectively, since untransformed scales only off skill and the transformed form only scales off bloodtinge but drains your health. although probably a more fun build idea would be pure bloodtinge and no points in health so you have to be very careful about when you transform to do damage

my wheelhouse
Nov 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Game so good that I bought the DLC twice because it claimed I didn't have it anymore. Happy to give this game more money. :homebrew:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

Yeah, it's great for using both forms of the blood katana (I forget the name at the moment) effectively, since untransformed scales only off skill and the transformed form only scales off bloodtinge but drains your health. although probably a more fun build idea would be pure bloodtinge and no points in health so you have to be very careful about when you transform to do damage

thats awesome. right now I'm using the Reiterpallasch and I'm doing good gun damage from its transformed. it seems to shoot faster too than evelyn but I feel like Dante using two guns

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
at around ~40 BLT and a fully upgraded gun, you can chip decent health off of the final chalice dungeon bosses. i know that range makes the game easier, but i also feel like playing with both melee and range is how it's balanced, so i do it on every run.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

getting owned by Ludwig so bad gently caress. I could never beat him before when I was on ng+ either

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I get so clammy playing this poo poo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

It'll click friendo, just time and patience

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

so I just did the Maria fight and it was the most fun nbattle I've ever had in bloodborne thus far. holy poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

so I just did the Maria fight and it was the most fun nbattle I've ever had in bloodborne thus far. holy poo poo

Dude, yes. Amazing battle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looks like this is your first time with DLC...enjoy the upcoming final boss

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

Looks like this is your first time with DLC...enjoy the upcoming final boss

yeah it is. first time getting this far that is. fishing hamlet owns bones

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's really cool. way more convincingly cosmic horror than even classic stuff, like lovecraft.

folder
Oct 9, 2016

sector_corrector posted:

it's really cool. way more convincingly cosmic horror than even classic stuff, like lovecraft.

for me the DLC captured the idea of a nightmare perfectly, and falling into the hamlet after walking through the clock is like one of those bad dreams where you randomly find yourself skipping between completely different places, you suddenly have a gun, etc.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Doing a beast cutter run, I used to think it was garbage that'd I'd never use... but I forgot the Golden rule of bloodborne: "every weapon is viable and sexy"

fake edit: :love: that backstep -> r2 :love:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

the beast cutter is like the hotter older brother to the threaded cane

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the hamlet is so win .. my favourite souls areas are the miserable garbage pits like the valley of defilement and the hamlet

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnxcwaWz50o

what the gently caress

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yesss the rare chalice mole

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i still have never seen one in the wild, just through pre-discovered chalice glyphs ;_;

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol, invaders in chalices get enemy buffs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jj9hkexRxs

according to the description, it's a straight 25% AR increase in addition to the red mist effect on the character model

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

lol, invaders in chalices get enemy buffs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jj9hkexRxs

according to the description, it's a straight 25% AR increase in addition to the red mist effect on the character model

1100 AR :stare:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

my holy moonlight blade has 1100 AR naturally thanks to optimized blood gems and effectively maxed stats.....of course the beast claws shred it to pieces in dps tho.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Love how the mole swallows it's head. Perfectly disgusting

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Holy poo poo has this ever been posted

https://youtu.be/LzdhTGaWzec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

been busy this week, can't wait to get back into the fishing hamlet and gently caress some fish up and get Simon's bow blade