Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ugh its Troika posted:

lol no one has produced even one single shred of proof that any of these people are nazis other than "antifa thinks so"

https://twitter.com/jenphalian/status/899046124589203458

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

That could be a monarchist white russian. :eng101:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Al! posted:

see the nazi speakers in this poster?
No?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

heres a hint, one is going to prison for assaulting minorities with a lead lined stick

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

can you guess which one that was

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

heres another hint he has the word stick in his name and he is about to be locked up for a felony for at least five years

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

so in case it wasn't clear, kyle "basedsickman" chapman, is a nazi who is well known for beating minority ppl with a stick and in fact is going to prison in a few days with a mandatory sentence of five years. he was listed as one of hte primary speakers of the nazi rally. that is why i suspect that the rally is nazi affiliated at least

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it seems like if the rally was not affiliated with white supremacy, they would not promote kyle "basedstickman" chapman who is a felon who will soon be put in prison and sargon of akkad, a person who is mostly interested in retweeting white supremacist memes, if in fact their rally was not in support of white supremacy

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I also see the guy who started the racist street militia and the guy who decided changing his name to DEUS VULT would be too subtle

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

*whispers* its u

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Al! posted:

well maybe because they didnt even bother to rebrand the nazi rally for nazis with nazi speakers and instead got some 18 year old kid to ruin his life for it becasue he was super dumb about the concequences:

see the nazi speakers in this poster? well not all of them spoke but i know for sure the felon kyle chapman was there

Nobody on that list is a nazi though

You have some sun god worshipping isolationist eugenicist, a infowars contributor, a bad comedian, a career criminal, a bernie2trump social media opportunist and some college republican dweeb who pulled out due to death threats. They are all infinitely mockable and risible people but they aren't nazis.

Also, based stickman didn't hit a minority, the video clearly shows its a white man he's hitting so hth? Its still common assault (possibly attempted manslaughter?) and he still deserves some custodial time for being a violent thug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeCbVTAp88E

Maybe if he wasn't a victim of the hosed judicial system and drug war he wouldn't be who he is today.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Al! posted:

im not locked in here with you

youre locked in here with me

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

here's a photo of the definatley not racist kyle chapman with Racist George

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Byolante posted:

Nobody on that list is a nazi though

You have some sun god worshipping isolationist eugenicist, a infowars contributor, a bad comedian, a career criminal, a bernie2trump social media opportunist and some college republican dweeb who pulled out due to death threats. They are all infinitely mockable and risible people but they aren't nazis.

These guys aren't Nazis! They're just a bad painter, a failed chicken farmer, a lovely author and a fat pilot!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Antifa was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli. I got about fifty feet out and suddenly, the great normie appeared before me. I tell you he was ten stories high if he was a foot. As if sensing my presence, he let out a great bellow. I said, "Easy, big fella!" And then, as I watched him struggling, I realized that something was obstructing its breathing. From where I was standing, I could see directly into the eye of the great punk.

Jerry: Antifa.

George: Whatever.

Kramer: Well, what did you do next?

George: Well then, from out of nowhere, a crowd surf lifted me, tossed me like a cork, and I found myself right on top of him - face to face with the sexy mask. I could barely see from the fash bash crashing down upon me, but I knew something was there. So I reached my hand in, felt around, and pulled out the obstruction.

[holds up a ball labeled rock and roll music]

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
people in this thread quibbling about who is, and is not a Nazi that is attending a white supremacist rally

put your pencils down heroes, for i have quite a proposition for you

the Senate, and if you are lucky, the presidency

i will personally sheperd your ascendancy, and entrance into the white house if you but pm me

don't let this golden opportunity pass you by!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

people in this thread quibbling about who is, and is not a Nazi that is attending a white supremacist rally

pit your pencils down heroes, for i have quite a proposition for you

the Senate, and if you are lucky, the presidency

i will personally sheperd your ascendancy, and entrance into the white house if you but pm me

don't let this golden opportunity pass you by!

nazi george is getting upset!!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

unlock

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
im glad im a sheltered white liberal with bad taste who's never been into music that would put me in contact with neonazis

i dont really wanna socialize with neonazis it sounds bad

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

deadgoon posted:

i dont really wanna socialize with neonazis it sounds bad

You just got to socialize them first

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

FuzzySkinner posted:

No that's what you are.

What is your political ideology? Spit it the gently caress out moron .

:laffo: eric garland i didn't know you were a goon

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

FuzzySkinner posted:

I don't know how -likely- that is considering most centrist libs/dems refuse to admit there's real structural problems out there related to class. But they're gonna have to step the gently caress aside at this point.

:ironicat: Says the guy struggling to understand why someone might support the antifa and anarcho-communists against white supremacists, while not necessarily endorsing all of their views and actions.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

liberals aren't your allies, folks

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Taintrunner posted:

Devout faith in any established institution is the butterbrains that enables authoritarianism.

well, yeah, liberals loving love authoritarianism. if you don't respect the institutions of our country and if you don't follow the norms of decorum then you deserve everything that happens to you

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I could be off base with this, but FuzzySkinner's posts have always given me the vibes of some young politically disengaged liberal who only recently became politically conscious. Stuff like the focus on how good FDR* was and what have you is very standard fare for left-liberals (including myself when I was in my early 20s or so). This isn't to say someone can't have a more informed support for left-liberalism (which is basically more highly regulated capitalism), but I'm not getting that feeling from FuzzySkinner's posts.

Free speech has never been a simple and static standard. There has always been speech that is considered unacceptable and illegal (like inciting someone to suicide or something), and it isn't really difficult to see why openly advocating political views that require harming many minority groups could fall under that category. This isn't to say you can't still disagree about disallowing a particular type of speech, but you should have some practical reason for doing so, because just asserting the existence of the first amendment doesn't cut it. There are already forms of speech that we think do more harm than good; why do you think the alt-right/Nazis don't fall under that description?

When I see this sort of opinion, it's usually just the result of a sort of reflexive liberal "common sense" that doesn't really stand up to scrutiny.

Oh, one thing I will say, though, is that I disagree with the "Naziism isn't political or an idea" stuff. That's loving dumb, of course it is. It's just that, you know, maybe some ideas actually shouldn't be allowed to be expressed publicly?

That brings to mind another angle of this I forgot to mention. When people support Antifa, that doesn't always mean they support actual government enforced laws against the speech in question. I'm sure some of them do, but supporting extralegal backlash against such speech doesn't necessarily mean you support the government cracking down on it. It's basically an extreme sort of censure.

* To be clear, moving in this general direction would be a good idea, but actual leftists realize FDR was just creating a compromise that would pacify the working class and allow capitalists to retain their relative power. It's better than nothing, but it's not the sort of thing you want to hold up as an example of true leftism or something.

Generally speaking, I consider left-liberals to be reasonable allies in the short to medium term, even if conflict with them is likely inevitable in the long term.

i don't know many young liberals who defend trump as often as he does

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Badger of Basra posted:

i don't know many young liberals who defend trump as often as he does

I do, but in Australia the young liberals are the equivalent of college republicans

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

lol thread title :discourse:

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

my ideology is posadism

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My ideology is whatever benefits me the most.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
my personal ideology is wishing for the death of myself and everyone else on this worthless, unfixable planet

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Al! posted:

it seems like if the rally was not affiliated with white supremacy, they would not promote kyle "basedstickman" chapman who is a felon who will soon be put in prison and sargon of akkad, a person who is mostly interested in retweeting white supremacist memes, if in fact their rally was not in support of white supremacy
ok so after briefly flirting punching actual nazis and neoconfederates in charlottesville, we're back to treating the sargons of the world like they're aspiring SS commandants. this is good.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
american antifa: the broken clock of vigilantism

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

the trump tutelage posted:

ok so after briefly flirting punching actual nazis and neoconfederates in charlottesville, we're back to treating the sargons of the world like they're aspiring SS commandants. this is good.

OK, let's assume we do not call them literal Nazis anymore. Does this change the way they should be treated? Are the far right marchers who yelled about a Jewish conspiracy to destroy the white race mistreated in some way other than being called Nazis?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

the trump tutelage posted:

They are

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Most of hitlers close staff/leadership in the Waffen SS were nerd failsons

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
radical thoughts here but maybe by looking at the history of fascism and nazism we can see where certain far right ideologies take people so while some may not yet be nazi's they are very much in bed with them and not very far removed from them. The original America First movement swore they weren't nazi aligned but mysteriously defended nazis and lobbied against supporting the british and USSR :thunk:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 228 days!

i'm pretty sure every one of these fuckers imagines he'd be goebbels or goering tbh

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 228 days!
also if you value these people's freedom of speech so dearly you might try paying some attention to what they're saying, because if i were them i'd be insulted by the way you're pretending that they aren't saying quite clearly that they are nazis who want to kill jewish, gay, and black people

they're holding rallies to make this simple point clear, you aren't doing them a favor by pretending otherwise

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Internet "far right": memes about white ethno state, has "questions" about jewish control over the state, hates women, just wants to be able to harass whoever they want

Internet "far left": memes about skeletons fighting oppression, has questions about why we don't have free healthcare, hates rich people, just wants to play Overwatch with alien comrades on mars

Reasonable Forums Poster: "Clearly both sides are at fault here"

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

also if you value these people's freedom of speech so dearly you might try paying some attention to what they're saying, because if i were them i'd be insulted by the way you're pretending that they aren't saying quite clearly that they are nazis who want to kill jewish, gay, and black people
k it should be trivially easy then to find direct quotes from the aforementioned speakers please go on

steinrokkan posted:

OK, let's assume we do not call them literal Nazis anymore. Does this change the way they should be treated? Are the far right marchers who yelled about a Jewish conspiracy to destroy the white race mistreated in some way other than being called Nazis?
if its a question of where you draw the line with regards to free speech then i'd agree it's with people who have actually done something like yell about a jewish conspiracy to destroy the white race, for example, but i'd hope the person who's face is being punched actually uttered that conspiracy and personally endorsed it, and weren't just some MAGA hat wearing chudd who's guilty by association.

people on this dead gay forum want all the legitimacy of punching nazis and white supremacists while simultaneously reserving the right to apply that label to anyone they (dis)like, whether its a conservative jew like Ben Shapiro, a microaggressing professor like Bret Weinstein, or an actual real life hatemonger like David Duke. if that level of intellectual laziness and opportunism doesn't scare you when it's paired with calls for vigilantism and violence against those so-labelled, then it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Everyone: Wow, the alt-right as a movement really tipped their hand and showed that they're a bunch of nazis in Charlottesville

Still, Somehow, TTT: Yeah but they don't CALL themselves nazis, checkmate you stupid idiots

• Locked thread