Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm currently reading what are supposedly the full script outlines for all of season 8 and they absolutely ring true. If they're fake they're well thought out fakes that line up perfectly with everything set out thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
the leaks are good, actually

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
I'm firmly in the "spoilers look real" camp. They're just too stupid to not be a product of D&D's minds.

And as for the "GRRM told them the ending": yeah, he gave them the bullet points but let's face it - that doesn't mean that D&D will A) stick to the script and B) make any sense of it if they do.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Knowing GRRM he probably fed them dumb spoilers in the first place

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
The guy named Victarion is the victor in the war of 5 kings, and the story about a shaggy dog named Shaggydog is a shaggy dog story

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
GRRM is going to let the show end and have his books loaded into the sales cannon, then as the final and most stupid reveal happens gurm does a walk on and does a ten minute commercial for the real final chapter of A Song of Ice and Fire.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

LOL it would be a pretty good troll to give them an outline that's just insane and dumb and have them stick to it so they end it "correctly" and then have the books do it completely different.

Of course he'd have to trust whoever literally ghostwrites the last book to follow his wishes.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I watched the episode. Not as bad as people are saying here, but definitely had the most logical issues of any episode to date. Felt like one of the worst penultimate episodes of the series unfortunately.

This season really needed 10 episodes. Could have made the pacing feel much more natural and give room for better planning that made way more sense. It just feels like the weight of everything happening is not there and people dying isn't as big of a deal anymore, even if they're big characters. It's too fast to care.

Next season is only gonna get worse I'm guessing with 6 episodes but hopefully the ending is at least gonna be good.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Phi230 posted:

Knowing GRRM he probably fed them dumb spoilers in the first place

Lol

all the fan favorites die at once in a big explosion by accident

That's a pretty good troll

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

Roman Reigns posted:

That's the thing that ultimately sold me on the spoilers. Too dumb to be fake.

Same with Tyrion getting it on with Missandei and using the phrase 'game of thrones' five times in a single sentence

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Roman Reigns posted:

Lol

That's a pretty good troll

No I mean like GRRM gave DnD like a dumb outline on purpose

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Why are you guys using spoiler tags in the spoiler thread. Just post the things.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Assuming it's real then it's all so unsatisfying. There's nothing in there to indicate why the gently caress winter keeps coming or what the motives of the white walkers even are. It seems their whole deal is they're inexplicably driven to try to attack the south. They just do it because that's what they do.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Phi230 posted:

No I mean like GRRM gave DnD like a dumb outline on purpose

That's what I meant in my reply, that GRRM is intentionally trolling DnD

InFlames235 posted:

Why are you guys using spoiler tags in the spoiler thread. Just post the things.

Just in case someone will be a wiener about spoiling the next season in the spoiler thread

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Roman Reigns posted:

That's what I meant in my reply, that GRRM is intentionally trolling DnD

Oh rad

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Assuming it's real then it's all so unsatisfying. There's nothing in there to indicate why the gently caress winter keeps coming or what the motives of the white walkers even are. It seems their whole deal is they're inexplicably driven to try to attack the south. They just do it because that's what they do.

You'd hate The Leftovers.

Quasimango
Mar 10, 2011

God damn you.
LMAO at the idea of them killing everyone off, a guy who's been in about four scenes total being the final villain, and the last line being Tyrion saying "Life is a Game of Thrones" or something.

Fans will absolutely flip a poo poo if those spoilers pan out.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
What are the season 8 spoilers? Anyone got a link?

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

every spoiler but like 2 for the last few seasons has turned out to be true, and every completely insane idiotic thing (arya in braavos, wight hunt, all this poo poo) has happened so i'm 100% on board with them ending the series by killing off everyone as fast as possible. and since they've been hyping up euron i won't be surprised at all if he's the last man standing

Euron is the bad guy and Daenerys dies in childbirth are a million miles away from 'Drogon is turned' and 'wight hunt'.

It's fair criticism to say that the show has given up plausibility and coherence in its writing, sure. But it's done so in order to do the expected. They've done a lot of things so that they can have a fairly standard, non-subversive story where the "heroes" are the heroes (Jon and Daenerys have had very little conflict, all things considered, and all the 'good people' are slowly joining their side, even side characters like The Hound) and the "bad guys" are the bad guys (Cersei becoming queen and the biggest human foe even though this is pretty implausible), and even something like the wight search, stupid as it may be, helps the stories converge.

These spoilers are the opposite of that, they say one of the two main characters dies doing nothing of importance, the main story that the show has been clumsily building towards for years ends before the finale, and the finale is dedicated largely to a character no one cares about. They're the opposite of 'cheap writing'.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Dany dying alone will make the fans explode

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Quasimango posted:

LMAO at the idea of them killing everyone off, a guy who's been in about four scenes total being the final villain, and the last line being Tyrion saying "Life is a Game of Thrones" or something.

Fans will absolutely flip a poo poo if those spoilers pan out.

is there a link to them other than the ones in the thread thats more complete

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

TraderStav posted:

You'd hate The Leftovers.

I read the synopsis and I already do.

texaholic posted:

What are the season 8 spoilers? Anyone got a link?

http://www.desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-1-leak-script/

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Phi230 posted:

Dany dying alone will make the fans explode

I can't believe that the character that nerds hate (and the writers and most of the audience uncritically love), and not any of the other ones, is the one who will unceremoniously die and get pelted with poo poo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Honestly this season doesn't seem any more dumb than the others, with Ramsay dual-wielding, magic fairies fighting off stop-motion skeletons with Great Fireball, and all the other greatest hits. It was never a particularly 'smart' show, just a fun one.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wouldn't trust any spoilers until filming begins. That's when everything gets out. There are also multiple sources during that time which help to weed out any fakes.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Assuming it's real then it's all so unsatisfying.

Yes that's why it's so convincing.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
the leaks: they're good, actually

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Dany gets poo poo thrown on her and dies, Jon dies, lots of people die, Arya fucks off forever, gendry gets a castle and people are complaining? Jesus Christ you people

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
There's no way the spoilers are true because no way Arya kills Cersei and not Jaime.

The rest of the poo poo is laughable, but believable.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Dany aint going to die like that, no loving way

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Those spoilers sound dope as hell

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

InFlames235 posted:

Next season is only gonna get worse I'm guessing with 6 episodes but hopefully the ending is at least gonna be good

I just want a satisfying conclusion and not some Sopranos style bullshit where people are left wondering for all time what the gently caress actually happened.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Someone link the spoilers I don't want to click through the last 60 pages.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

No that's stupid a main character wouldn't die like that

-a TVIV poster on the final season of a show based off books that were made famous because they killed off main characters

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
One other thing: I don't give a poo poo about travel time or where zombies found giant chains (seriously? I can't believe people were bothered by that, it was a cool visual) but good fuckin god the Arya Sansa poo poo was so bad.

I've never seen such forced conflict in my life. It's so desperate, and its so stupid, and really should have been laughed out of the writers room. You have Littlefinger, Northern Lords, Vale Lords, and the newly reunited Sansa and Arya. You can think of ways to come up with some conflict that makes at least a little bit of organic sense. This is so bad its worse than most made up spoiler fan fiction.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The only way to redeem the stupid immediate escallation-to-knife-threats of the Arya-Sansa conflict is if they are putting on a show for whatever scullery maid LF has listening at the door to make him tip his hand that it was a set-up.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Mike N Eich posted:

One other thing: I don't give a poo poo about travel time or where zombies found giant chains (seriously? I can't believe people were bothered by that, it was a cool visual) but good fuckin god the Arya Sansa poo poo was so bad.

I've never seen such forced conflict in my life. It's so desperate, and its so stupid, and really should have been laughed out of the writers room. You have Littlefinger, Northern Lords, Vale Lords, and the newly reunited Sansa and Arya. You can think of ways to come up with some conflict that makes at least a little bit of organic sense. This is so bad its worse than most made up spoiler fan fiction.

I think the Arya/Sansa thing will make sense in the finale when LF is executed for conspiracy against House Stark.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

the thing that would have made the most sense is if yohn royce had murdered Littlefinger immediately upon entering the North

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Mike N Eich posted:

Psst it was all for show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The only way to redeem the stupid immediate escallation-to-knife-threats of the Arya-Sansa conflict is if they are putting on a show for whatever scullery maid LF has listening at the door to make him tip his hand that it was a set-up.

Except they're not and by this point you should know to accept whatever is presented at face value.

I think this is like the third time I've said in this thread but it's like nobody wants to believe it.

Next episode there's a big gathering in the main hall of Winterfell. It looks like Sansa is condemning Arya for betraying the north then just at the end she says Littlefinger's name instead of Arya's. She asks Arya to execute him. Sansa knows what Littlefinger did because at some point between this episode and the next Bran will tell her off screen.

I can't imagine it being any less cornball than it sounds.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 21, 2017

• Locked thread