Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Over Easy posted:

It's an audio-visual interpretation of the first volume of Capital in that no matter how ingeniously managed or constructed the fortress, it's existence is inherently rife with contradictions and is ultimately doomed.

jesus you could actually go pretty deep on this take if you felt like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Calibanibal posted:

this is like a really important point that noted C-SPAM Soothsayer UMBERTO ECO made - the alt-right dont really want to just get laid, they want to control. control everything. sexual life is just a relatively easy sphere of human activity for them to exert their own power. if you got a woman, you can control her in every way. if you dont, you can manipulate her into a relationship. and even if women are utterly repulsed by you, the choice to hate them and to deny them your seed (ie redpill style going your own way) is an ironic sublimation of impotence into power

sex is power

even in the dynamism of contorting yourself into a pretzel for your loved one, its a power play, one takes control during the act and vice versa

consent is power in itself too, and thats what those thirsty mouthbreathers can't figure out because it's give and take, not take and take and they want zero effort to do so

The American Entitlement Complex grows bigger everyday.

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 15:47 on Aug 21, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
stop talking about sex, it makes me horny

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Inescapable Duck posted:

When pretty much literally everyone on every end of the political spectrum, from religious fundamentalists to feminists, is calling them 'virgin losers', it's not hard to imagine them getting pretty messed up about it. Like, there's entire internet subcultures based entirely around nerds' inability to get laid in socially acceptable ways, from incels to otakus with love pillows to literal furries and even bronies. There's a point where you're just pouring gasoline on the fire and need to get over your disdain for people and actually try to help them before they start trying to burn everything down because society demands they attain what has been put out of their reach.

There's always been a subset of people who are so poisonous to society they need to be isolated from everyone else for the greater good, and for the most part that hasn't changed. The only issue is that the person who lives alone in the sticks and only sees another human face when they go into town for supplies can now harass all the women they want via social media, meaning they're not quarantined anymore. These subset of people were always rejected and isolated, the issue now is that they know they're now completely alone anymore and they have the ability to do significant damage from a remote location.

I said before that these people would have been the ones drafted into the military where one of two things generally would have happened: they would have been forced to grow up in a hurry and the discipline/exposure to people from other cultures turns them into adults who can coexist in modern society, or they become ground-fodder and the problem ends up dealing with itself. That doesn't happen anymore and you're left with a class of undesirables that wants people to feel as bad as they do. If their development is so stunted that they're fundamentally useless and you can't feed them into the mouth of war, then you've got a problem that will spiral out of control.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/899649254867599361

lol owned.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/JackSmithIV/status/899641762247057408

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Venom Snake posted:

Dwarf Fortress is extremely revolutionary. I will not tolerate revisionism wrt DF in this subforum.

I love how the introduction of wages and currency into the game made everything so lovely that it's one of the only changes that got rolled back indefinitely

It also starkly demonstrates the nature of a police state designed to oppress the masses at the whims of the flighty nobles

I have a lot of opinions about DF as a tool of political education

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

hell yes

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Finally someone gives a gently caress about Christopher Columbus.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I used to work with this idiot who insisted that the education he received in the 60s and 70s was better than what kids get today. I think it's a pretty common opinion among olds, and they're pretty prone to becoming hostile to anything that challenges the "facts" they learned as kids. That's the only reason anyone would still defend Columbus.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
gently caress chris columbo

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

the only nitpick i have is that columbus brought mercantilism to the us, not capitalism. i know mercantilism isn't sexy anymore (thanks adam smith!) but still.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Admiral Ray posted:

gently caress chris columbo

IDIOT FAILSON STUMBLES UPON NEW WORLD FOR SPANISH EMPIRE TO RAPE AND PLUNDER

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Columbus: Even the literal Spanish inquisition was like "look at this rear end in a top hat"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
they literally paid him to go off and hopefully die

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

when we honor our genocidaires it's heritage not hate

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Al! posted:

they literally paid him to go off and hopefully die

If we could all be so lucky

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/dwdavison9318/status/899682943152599040

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don't read things written by falons.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

HIRE MORE LADY CONCENTRATION CAMP GUARDS

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
when u think about it Ilsa she-wolf of the SS is a very feminist movie

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

felt so liberated

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

stop talking about sex, it makes me horny
ahahah triggered much lib?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

byyyyyeeeee mmmmmiiiieeeee bbbhhhuuuukkkkkk

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

d'souza is either a grifter of the highest order or a tremendous idiot. i cant tell.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I liek video game tiddys

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Darkman Fanpage posted:

d'souza is either a grifter of the highest order or a tremendous idiot. i cant tell.

I don't see why it has to be mutually exclusive.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Getting nailed for that tremendously stupid donations thing is my indication that he's a dumb who thinks he's a smart.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I don't see why it has to be mutually exclusive.

do you think his greater wish is to be a white guy or an american from birth

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the converts are always the most fervent i suppose

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dinesh was a College Republican who managed to be far viler than the par. When he was in college he or one of his associates stole a list of members of the gay student organization, and punished it in the Darthmouth Review. This was in the early 80s, it'd be bad enough now but I can't imagine how traumatic it would have been back then. Nowadays he'd probably have been expelled for pulling some poo poo like that.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

dinesh is a true believer who is made that much more effective of a grifter by virtue of being a true believer

i hear he also kisses donkey nuts

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Darkman still defending the nobility of his vidya itt

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

Dinesh was a College Republican who managed to be far viler than the par. When he was in college he or one of his associates stole a list of members of the gay student organization, and punished it in the Darthmouth Review. This was in the early 80s, it'd be bad enough now but I can't imagine how traumatic it would have been back then. Nowadays he'd probably have been expelled for pulling some poo poo like that.

Chapo had a good roundup of how much of a loving racist piece of poo poo he is

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

C. Everett Koop posted:

There's always been a subset of people who are so poisonous to society they need to be isolated from everyone else for the greater good, and for the most part that hasn't changed. The only issue is that the person who lives alone in the sticks and only sees another human face when they go into town for supplies can now harass all the women they want via social media, meaning they're not quarantined anymore. These subset of people were always rejected and isolated, the issue now is that they know they're now completely alone anymore and they have the ability to do significant damage from a remote location.

I said before that these people would have been the ones drafted into the military where one of two things generally would have happened: they would have been forced to grow up in a hurry and the discipline/exposure to people from other cultures turns them into adults who can coexist in modern society, or they become ground-fodder and the problem ends up dealing with itself. That doesn't happen anymore and you're left with a class of undesirables that wants people to feel as bad as they do. If their development is so stunted that they're fundamentally useless and you can't feed them into the mouth of war, then you've got a problem that will spiral out of control.

This post is so conservative/right-wing it'd make Baloogan blush.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

zegermans posted:

Darkman still defending the nobility of his vidya itt

all i said was that tetris is good and that you cant blame all that ails modern society on video games

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

all i said was that tetris is good and that you cant blame all that ails modern society on video games

tetris enforces strict societal roles. each shape is forever locked in place, even as more blocks pile upon it. no block is able to move to better fill the space as need arises, which leads to heirarchy. every player wishes for infinite straight blocks and curses the L's and others, leading to subconscious resentment and feelings of futility as the blocks continue to rise higher and higher. tetris is monstrous.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Admiral Ray posted:

tetris enforces strict societal roles. each shape is forever locked in place, even as more blocks pile upon it. no block is able to move to better fill the space as need arises, which leads to heirarchy. every player wishes for infinite straight blocks and curses the L's and others, leading to subconscious resentment and feelings of futility as the blocks continue to rise higher and higher. tetris is monstrous.

no tetris is real good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I ACCEPT ALL BLOCKS EVEN THE Z BLOCKS