Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I barely post there but Ballp.it is good, probably because of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New Lou Reads about dumbasses (shocker) who believe in the power of love spells that they pay people money to cast.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

New Lou Reads about dumbasses (shocker) who believe in the power of love spells that they pay people money to cast.

This episode was far more personally revolting than vaginal yeast bread and semen cocktails.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Lemon has yet another new silly party game.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Almost everyone in this episode sounds identical, I'm pretty sure it's just a whole website of Ashra Coen sockpuppets

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I've thought of joining ballp.it. How is it?

It's even more dead and gay than SA, but they deserve the :10bux: imo

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

steinrokkan posted:

It's even more dead and gay than SA, but they deserve the :10bux: imo

It's a shame because the actual forums hardware is pretty dang good, but yeah there's very little activity especially in the general discussion areas versus the stuff directly related to the show.

It's still my backup in case I wake up on day and SA is gone without a trace forever, though.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
The Pantom is a man of many pies.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

vote_no posted:

The Pantom is a man of many pies.

Right into the vagina

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I'm posting from inside the event. I'm reading from inside the thread.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

get off your phone ironicus!!!

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

General Ironicus posted:

The shitposting is coming from inside
the house!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

General Ironicus posted:

Wow, whoever just put all my posts together for Ironicus to read has been incredibly rude

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I'm posting from Kansas. :smith:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

General Ironicus posted:

You've been an amazing addition to the cast and you get with them really well, keep at it!

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/snakesinthebpit/status/899129341141024768

incredible

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

There is life and existence without moon!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I'm posting from Kansas. :smith:

I'm not!

I'm on vacation away from Kansas!

But not at F Plus Live. :(

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Spells? :allears:

Also really appreciating the suit almost as loud as he is.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

That's the first time I've seen an Opposuit in the wild.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Seeing Kumquat in person last year was a religious experience.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Kumquat is magical and Victor Lazlo is certainly a satan I can get behind.

All said and done though I'm a bit underwhelmed with the live show this year, about 50% of the ridiculists were hard to hear due to crowd noise.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
How was the turnout?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Maerlyn posted:

All said and done though I'm a bit underwhelmed with the live show this year, about 50% of the ridiculists were hard to hear due to crowd noise.

Yeah to the surprise of no one, the acoustics in the bar were really bad. I had to move basically right to the front by the stage in order to hear what they were saying.

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

How was the turnout?

Good! More people than in years past, but also they weren't like actually checking to see if anyone paid the cover, so half the bar probably was people that weren't actually there for the show.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
It was awesome. I almost didn't get to drink but then I did. Lemon hugged me. 15/10

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Yeah, it was definitely enjoyable, but I don't think I'd go again unless it was a venue that was especially for the show.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I heard afterwards that the bar got very loud when I started my reading last night. I'm sorry for the people who couldn't hear my extremely long treatise on why Satan is better than that your so called "God". Personally I had been hoping for something grosser to read!

The show was a lot of fun to be a part of. Everyone was very nice & appropriately weird in a non-threateningly way.

The conga line with the Devil was a nice finale.

Oh, the best way to send me stuff is at loureads@gmail.com or on the Lou Reads Facebook page. I posted some pics from last night there.

Thanks to all the people who came up & said hello. It was nice to meet everyone.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

vote_no posted:

Yeah, it was definitely enjoyable, but I don't think I'd go again unless it was a venue that was especially for the show.

Well in years past when it was in the side room it was a... little better, just because most of the bar noise you couldn't hear. But that room was small and so loving hot, too.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

King Lou posted:

I'm sorry for the people who couldn't hear my extremely long treatise on why Satan is better than that your so called "God". Personally I had been hoping for something grosser to read!
It doesn't need to be any grosser; that sounds perfect as it is. :allears:

I'm sure it'll be perfectly clear in the recorded version.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

King Lou posted:

I heard afterwards that the bar got very loud when I started my reading last night. I'm sorry for the people who couldn't hear my extremely long treatise on why Satan is better than that your so called "God". Personally I had been hoping for something grosser to read!

This was my criteria when I selected Jimmyfranks' piece. "We need to go grosser".

jimmyfranks
Oct 2, 2014
Thanks to everyone that came out last night! The door wasn't enforced unfortunately, so we ended up with a bunch of randos that were making some noise. If it makes you feel better, we skeeved a wedding party out enough that they left. So great to see so many smiling faces, hope to chat with some of you tonight at the afterparty.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I'm sure it'll be perfectly clear in the recorded version.

The recording sounds amazing. Looking forward to sharing it with y'all.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

These were streamed yesterday on the F Plus channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxpVPw_YbYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo8R9yeUCx4

I had no idea that Bumper Car Lacrosse was a thing.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

jimmyfranks posted:

If it makes you feel better, we skeeved a wedding party out enough that they left.

The only news that would have been better than that would have been if they didn't.

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°

Cleretic posted:

The only news that would have been better than that would have been if they didn't.

Have I got news for you.

They came back. Weren't happy with us but tried to wait us out I guess.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Last nights karaoke was very entertaining. My mind is still blow from that Trav person who sang the lyrics of Smashmouth "Allstar" over Modest Mouse "float on". It was mind bending.

Thanks again to all the great people I met this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to come to the next one.

My only regret is telling that nice couple the horrible story about child abuse I heard on Risk. Unfortunately, sometimes the awful things I've learned come out at inappropriate times. A hazard that comes with the job...

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

King Lou posted:

Last nights karaoke was very entertaining. My mind is still blow from that Trav person who sang the lyrics of Smashmouth "Allstar" over Modest Mouse "float on". It was mind bending.

My only problem now is figuring what I'm gonna do for next year. Upside is I've got a year to figure it out!

Everything about this podcast has helped me out this past couple of months. I'm not gonna go into it, but the community being filled with such great people and great entertainers has helped me immensely, and it's always an absolute pleasure to spend a weekend with those lucky enough to make it out here.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

King Lou posted:

blame Neil Cicierega.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

i'm pretty sure i gave ironicus directions to the bathroom so overall the event was a 10/10

Bunnybread
Feb 16, 2012

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

i'm pretty sure i gave ironicus directions to the bathroom so overall the event was a 10/10

I am realizing that I didn't gently caress anyone in a bathroom last night.
2/10 at best for me.

Edit: I guess I did give Victor a visible erection during a Rick Roll.

3/10.

Bunnybread fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Thanks.