Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Lol at that bullseye arc and the pilot and ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yeah that's laffo but it's scum so it will have an Interceptor dial

Edit I love how much rebels pay for Wes to have a ghetto version of this ability on a trash ship and Scum and Imperials are gonna get it for almost nothing lol

alg fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 21, 2017

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

alg posted:

Yeah that's laffo but it's scum so it will have an Interceptor dial

Edit I love how much rebels pay for Wes to have a ghetto version of this ability on a trash ship and Scum and Imperials are gonna get it for almost nothing lol
I've had a look at the cards for the Assault Gunboat, especially the one named "Jamm ---- Bea ----". It's an attack type card so maybe the jam tokens interact with that? From the spoiler of the card featuring jam tokens/reload, it doesn't seem like those two interact.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Hooray, more ordnance.
And on a ship that can shoot out a cruise missile and then SLAM away to reload and turn around.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

I wonder why the Phantom II has a crew card that says "scum only"

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Napoleon Nelson posted:

Looks like Nym, maybe? Maybe he's allowed to pilot the Phantom II if he's on board? IDK

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

enigmahfc posted:

Looks like Nym, maybe? Maybe he's allowed to pilot the Phantom II if he's on board? IDK

Naah, Nym would need to be Captain Nym to be consistent with uniqueness

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

canyoneer posted:

Naah, Nym would need to be Captain Nym to be consistent with uniqueness

It looks like it could me Maul? It looks like a tattooed arm.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

enigmahfc posted:

Wait. Would they recanonize Nym in Rebels next season then? Is this a rebels spoiler?

Also, I think it's an H, not an N, making it likely to be Hondo!

EDIT: No wait, I'm wrong, it is an N.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Jam tokens sound like the most obnoxious thing ever. It doesn't go away during the end phase, and only goes away if you take an action to clear it (by taking a focus, evade, or target lock that you then can't use). If you thought stress control and bombs were driving away aces already...

Phantom II title doesn't seem worth it compared to the original Phantom title.

I'm guessing those Scram(bler) Missiles give out a jam token upon hitting.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yeah, that looks ridiculous. A better Old Teroch that can hit more than one ship, at range 1-3.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait. Would they recanonize Nym in Rebels next season then? Is this a rebels spoiler?

Also, I think it's an H, not an N, making it likely to be Hondo!

EDIT: No wait, I'm wrong, it is an N.

It's definitely Maul, you can make out his hooded face if you zoom in

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I suspect the appeal of Phantom II is that the shuttles are significantly cheaper. I suspect the PS1 might be as low as 14.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

And also, a free action to someone else at the end of activation phase could be pretty good. For instance, if your ace bumps, or if your ace needs to arc dodge or whatevers.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

bunnyofdoom posted:

And also, a free action to someone else at the end of activation phase could be pretty good. For instance, if your ace bumps, or if your ace needs to arc dodge or whatevers.

I'm not sure I'm ready to trade my extra turret attack for a free coordinate action.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Finally, the Star Wing. Now they just need to release the T-Wing, R-41 Starchaser, and Stormtrooper transport. Then I'll finally be able to play through the entire TIE Fighter campaign.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yeah, I dunno. Maybe I'm not creative, but I can't think of a good buddy for a fully loaded Ghost/Phantom like that. You can do that with Ahsoka right now, at range 1, but you aren't taking a zero agility points pinata besides.

I wonder if that Astromech is going to be good in X-Wings. Text is:

quote:

After you ex[ecute a maneuver] if you did [not overlap a ship] or obstacle[, if there is an] enemy ship [in your firing] arc at R[ange ?, you may] perform [a free] barrel [roll action]

Free repositioning with barrel roll could be helpful for a number of named X-Wing pilots.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

What's wrong with preserved fruit

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The gunboat can SLAM and Jam but can it scream like Tarzan?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Improbable Lobster posted:

What's wrong with preserved fruit

Raspberry! I HATE raspberry! Only one man would dare to give me the raspberry!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Well time to mod a gun boat to play the space jam theme every time I use it.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Napoleon Nelson posted:

As below it's Maul, and it's Scum only. Rebels only if Ezra is in your squad.

Jam doesn't seem too bad, it's on a cannon that does no damage and has to hit, or a missile. Dodgy aces won't get jammed, but you will be able to stop low agility gunboats from firing ordnance.

alg posted:

What are you talking about its tied to the cannon Jamming Beam and Scrambler missiles. Rebels have just as much access as anyone else.

I can see a PS10 bullseye arc being a scary ship, with agromech he's still fairly cheap with a decent punch and puts the hurt on rebel swarms. Give him harpoons too just because.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

hoiyes posted:

As below it's Maul, and it's Scum only. Rebels only if Ezra is in your squad.

Jam doesn't seem too bad, it's on a cannon that does no damage and has to hit, or a missile. Dodgy aces won't get jammed, but you will be able to stop low agility gunboats from firing ordnance.

What are you talking about its tied to the cannon Jamming Beam and Scrambler missiles. Rebels have just as much access as anyone else.

I can see a PS10 bullseye arc being a scary ship, with agromech he's still fairly cheap with a decent punch and puts the hurt on rebel swarms. Give him harpoons too just because.

That's beside the point. It's the second pilot ability (Corran too) just given away cheaper and better.
Even then, why take cannons or missiles on Rebels when Imperial and Scum are so much better with them?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Think the new astromech is enough to breathe some life into the classic X-wings?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

IronSaber posted:

Think the new astromech is enough to breathe some life into the classic X-wings?

Depends on the cost and the exact wording. It could be good, but it's honestly hard to say how effective it'll really be until it's actually on the table.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Has to be 0 or 1point to start, and it looks like only one comes in the pack.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I have serious doubts that they'd ever do a 0 point generic astromech, if only for the reason that it would be a massive buff to every other ship with an astromech slot.

...of course, these ships include such powerhouses as the Y-Wing and E-Wing, so maybe it isn't so crazy.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
We will see how it goes, but the star wing being able to slam and fire a secondary beam weapon with the title while it has a weapon disabled token has me worried.

Also with the 26 point pilot, it will be rolling 3 dice.

Raged fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 22, 2017

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Raged posted:

Well time to mod a gun boat to play the space jam theme every time I use it.

Its going into the Star Wars playlist

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

alg posted:

That's beside the point. It's the second pilot ability (Corran too) just given away cheaper and better.
Even then, why take cannons or missiles on Rebels when Imperial and Scum are so much better with them?

Lol cmon man, when was the last time cannons were winning games for imperials? Meanwhile Rebels have 8 ships with turrets to imperials two, including one ship with a cannon turret (!) that I recall doing pretty good in championships?

Wes' ability is better than jam because it can force a target like omega leader use two tokens, whereas jam will only take one.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Raged posted:

We will see how it goes, but the star wing being able to slam and fire a secondary beam weapon with the title while it has a weapon disabled token has me worried.

Also with the 26 point pilot, it will be rolling 3 dice.

Eh, considering that the only weapon it can fire with a weapons disabled token is either a tractor beam or (probably) the new jamming laser, I'm not too concerned.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

hoiyes posted:

Lol cmon man, when was the last time cannons were winning games for imperials? Meanwhile Rebels have 8 ships with turrets to imperials two, including one ship with a cannon turret (!) that I recall doing pretty good in championships?

Wes' ability is better than jam because it can force a target like omega leader use two tokens, whereas jam will only take one.

Jam can also be spammed and forces action forfeiture on future turns

I'm sure jam cannon 60 point Dash will tear up worlds though lol

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

alg posted:

Jam can also be spammed and forces action forfeiture on future turns

I'm sure jam cannon 60 point Dash will tear up worlds though lol

Sure you can spam jam, but expertise dengar/rey/Quickdraw are just going to laugh in your face as they pull far ahead on the damage race. I'm assuming it doesn't do damage as it doesn't look like there's enough text to fit take a damage and cancel results. Tractor Beam is still a better cannon choice on tie/d, but x7 is better again.

If you're jammed you can still reposition, and jam doesn't mess with the rebel only reinforce action. The jam missile is probably better insurance against the rebel Biggs swarm than harpoon, and it pretty much takes howl swarm off the map altogether.

Edit: of course since jammed is a bold keyword there's probably some horrible upgrade that lets you gently caress with Jammed ships, and it'll be OP and tie/d will rule the roots again.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 22, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Yep, sure buddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

Yep, sure buddy

I don't hate the idea, but as written you could equip an Adv. Proton Torpedo and Expertise and just destroy everything in arc at r1-3

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Watch Norra joust a swarm

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Who was it who said that most of these homebrews come from angry frustrated players who feel they lost unfairly? Because that's all I see here; an angry ARC-170 player who got stomped by a swarm of TIE's or Z-95's.

*E* Gonna try that 4 TIE Bomber build with Unguided Rockets and bombs. Any tips for playing it well?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Dont fly them together

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Treat it like you have 4 Inquisitors

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

canyoneer posted:

Treat it like you have 4 Inquisitors

So constantly attack at range 3. Got it.

I think my problem is figuring out what to do/where to go after I get my range 3 shot off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

hoiyes posted:

I don't hate the idea, but as written you could equip an Adv. Proton Torpedo and Expertise and just destroy everything in arc at r1-3

Including your own ships, that's what makes it balanced.

• Locked thread