Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It's pretty drat covered here in Bremerton but seems to be lighting up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
It's noticeably dimmer here and almost half covered. Beautiful weather and it's a pity my wife isn't interested but that's life I guess

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I hope the sun doesn't come back

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I have no eclipse glasses. Also it's pretty cloudy here.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Dead Reckoning posted:

It's you. You're the "well did you know George Washington owned slaves?!" guy at parties. Do you go around on Columbus Day reminding people that Christopher Columbus was in fact not good?

Wrong. Someone going out of their way to MOLON LABE is not the same as the people who shrug their shoulders / ignore the poop of Columbus or Washington. Molons deserve to be mocked or at least gently educated that they're sharing a co-sponsorship with white supremacist nazi gun nuts.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I'm in a totality zone. loving clouds.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The whole right wing takeover of Spartan worship must be really hard on the eccentric British professors and roided up gay bros who were all about that stuff before it was cool.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

im feeling p. jealous of navy loving up so here is a NTSB investigation of a coast guard collision last year in the Panama Canal
Spoilers: the cg was not at fault

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

found some real n4i bait

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
A welding mask was great, with the added cloud cover it's perfect. A pinhole camera bullshit can't see poo poo but through the welding mask filter it's clear.

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 21, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The undercut, definitely an antifa style

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Which college is this?

Asking for a friend.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
flight of T-38s heading towards Offutt cruising real nice and slow around the totality zone right near the peak. What are the odds that it was a normally scheduled flight, and what are they that it was a few Colonels or staff officers suddenly needing to fulfill some annual requirement?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

im the antifa making out while wearing the balaclavas

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LingcodKilla posted:

Which college is this?

Asking for a friend.
Bryn Mawr.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Casimir Radon posted:

The Pioneer Press put out an article about the Confederate flag the 1st Minnesota captured at Gettysburg. Virginia has asked for it back many times and we've told them to get hosed every time. Lots of whining in the comments section about how the Civil War wasn't about slavery.

hosed up how the former capital of the Confederacy is more or less developed and civilized, but is also surrounded by throngs of people that can't move past that poo poo that would sooner live in the past than address the third world conditions in which they live. The other day in the antique store near me someone was drat near moved to tears to see that they had some confederate flag merchandise for sale. :banjo:

Also this eclipse business is loving cool even though I'm nowhere near a totality zone.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Nordic crap, Spartan/Punisher logos, SHEEPDOG, etc.

Not an exact science, but if I see these things you're trending the wrong way.

And the SAD! thing is, you see this imagery and lingo repped heavily in the military. In particular in combat arms/special operator/gun enthusiast culture. I got into a FB debate with some Black AF Captain (I'm black as well) about how alot of that poo poo IS dogwhistle racism and why the NRA can't be trusted to advocate for minorities.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
B-b-but Colin Noir!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

hosed up how the former capital of the Confederacy is more or less developed and civilized, but is also surrounded by throngs of people that can't move past that poo poo that would sooner live in the past than address the third world conditions in which they live. The other day in the antique store near me someone was drat near moved to tears to see that they had some confederate flag merchandise for sale. :banjo:

Also this eclipse business is loving cool even though I'm nowhere near a totality zone.

Gettysburg has the most shops selling WW2 memorabilia I've ever seen. They do a super brisk sales in Nazi gear from what I saw in person.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

The Cosmic Ballet Goes On!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Well, we had cloud cover here in a totality zone, but it got dark as gently caress in a very cool/freaky way, the geese freaked out, and the nightjars came out to hunt, then were like "wtf, back to bed" when the sun came back out.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Immanentized posted:

flight of T-38s heading towards Offutt cruising real nice and slow around the totality zone right near the peak. What are the odds that it was a normally scheduled flight, and what are they that it was a few Colonels or staff officers suddenly needing to fulfill some annual requirement?

NASA was supposed to schedule flights today IIRC

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

A friend of mine is a Marine that works at HQMC. He said he might get roped into being a background piece for Trump's speech tonight.

So look forward to seeing Trump high five himself while surrounded by service members tonight.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Handsome Ralph posted:

A friend of mine is a Marine that works at HQMC. He said he might get roped into being a background piece for Trump's speech tonight.

So look forward to seeing Trump high five himself while surrounded by service members tonight.

2:1 he pardons Sheriff Joe on live TV.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/stefanmymind/status/899704177437421568

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

e;fb

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

If he managed to blind himself lol

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Trollbama needs to post a picture of himself with glasses on.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

this owns so hard

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

sometimes living in the worst timeline is worth it :unsmith:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Holy poo poo guys a dragon just ate the sun please advise

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Crazycryodude posted:

Holy poo poo guys a dragon just ate the sun please advise

Sacrifice a mother and son and it will throw up the sun in 5 minutes.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Have they put those plastic anti-toddler covers on all the power outlets in the White House?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Yes. Yes I do. Because Columbus was a shitheel.

Also: No, I don't do the "George Washington owned slaves" routine, because in the context they are attempting to use it (comparing Lee to Washington) is invalid, because Washington wasn't fighting a war for Abolition, whereas Lee knew what the Secession was about, still marched with the South, and regularly rounded up black families to send back to the Confederacy.

Oh, these same guys wearing the Molon Labe poo poo are the ones who also appose Gay Marriage and Gay Rights while praising a society that regularly endorsed such things.

And still: gently caress anyone that thinks the Spartans were cool other than their Battle Tactics, and its no surprise that people usually buying into the Molon Labe poo poo are the same ones spouting All Lives Matter and think the Tea Party was anything more than a white tantrum over a black guy being President.

No one who rolls around with Molon Labe gear cares about the historical reality. People who love the idea of Spartan warriors love the image from Gates of Fire, or more likely from 300 the movie/comic book. Or they love the pithy defiance and heroic last stand that people have been romanticising since Simonides of Ceos. If I airbrush a charging knight upon his faithful destrier on the side of my van, I don't actually give a poo poo about the oppressive nature of the feudal system or the homoerotic undertones of the knight/squire relationship. You're a self-aggrandizing killjoy who is smugly trying to "gotcha" people you look down on solely in service of your own dreary sense of superiority.

Zeris posted:

Wrong. Someone going out of their way to MOLON LABE is not the same as the people who shrug their shoulders / ignore the poop of Columbus or Washington. Molons deserve to be mocked or at least gently educated that they're sharing a co-sponsorship with white supremacist nazi gun nuts.
If I stopped doing everything that terrible people also enjoy, I wouldn't have any hobbies, read any books, or vote for any political party.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The hard truth is the Mayans over-sacrificed and we're just living on borrowed time. At some point mighty Kukulkan will hunger again and claim the sun forever.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Canemacar posted:

Have they put those plastic anti-toddler covers on all the power outlets in the White House?
"Obama never stuck a fork in any of the electricity things, SAD! I am all about sticking forks in the electricity things!"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I will end my days a happier person if Trump manages to blind himself before he has the fat-rear end heart attack he's been brewing up.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ohshit im dyin

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Casimir Radon posted:

"Obama never stuck a fork in any of the electricity things, SAD! I am all about sticking forks in the electricity things!"

There are so many stories of all these MAGA chuds just staring right into the sun that this is bound to happen.

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/899709604963266560

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

• Locked thread