Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

anthonypants posted:

as a 6s owner, it's a good phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

company with over 200 billion dollars of cash in the bank gives new hires 2 year old models of phones it manufactures itself

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

company with over 200 billion dollars of cash in the bank gives new hires 2 year old models of phones it manufactures itself

the wealthier you are the cheaper you are. law of nature.

or did you think they got that money in the bank by spending it? :rolleyes:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

maybe it recognizes its new hires probably aren't courageous enough to ditch headphones yet

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

they should be at least nice enough to give new hires the correct and best phone, the stebe edition, rather than 2 year old phablets

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
[quote="“cis autodrag”" post="“475594454”"]
i have Google fi lol

I have an iPhone 6s for work though. The touchscreen seems to ignore my fingers half the time.
[/quote]

I know you’re accustomed to android phones being garbage, but that is not normal for an iPhone. you should have it checked out at the Genius Bar

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twZggnNbFqo

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005

Vagrancy fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 21, 2017

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://twitter.com/Fired4Truth/sta...genumber%3D6573

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

finally an android for me, the cum enthusiast

ufarn
May 30, 2009
lol this is literally everything google does when it's not just making ad money, how long has this guy been at google

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
five years.

presumably in the same cube in the corner of the basement the whole time

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah that's some tragic level sad poo poo

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005

Vagrancy fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 21, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

good lord that's a terrible loving paint job. i'd give my students a C for that

unless it's supposed to look lumpy, i guess? is the android android supposed to be made of a slowly rotting zucchini?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

good lord that's a terrible loving paint job. i'd give my students a C for that

unless it's supposed to look lumpy, i guess? is the android android supposed to be made of a slowly rotting zucchini?

Search your heart for the answer, Sagebrush.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the finish on that thing looks like 30 year old fiberglass playground equipment that the crew just kept painting over

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

I can't say much more because ndas but suffice it to say the phones they give us can't just be bought in an apple store. There's an extremely limited supply of internal phones for good reason. Not every apple employee gets a phone.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Apple gets their iPhones from the future ?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Steve jobs has to personally bequeath iPhones to employees from his crystal palace

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Jony Ive has to configure employee phones, but it is very costly to send hem to the white void beyond space,

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its also why he doesn't know what its like to actually use one of his designs in the real world.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex posted:

the finish on that thing looks like 30 year old fiberglass playground equipment that the crew just kept painting over

I honestly can't tell what the hell it's made of. it *looks* like spray-painted styrofoam, roughly rasped into shape, but they can't have just used that because it would never stand up. the texture is also similar to poured concrete but that doesn't make sense here either. if i were building it i'd use fiberglass, but you'd have to make a special effort to get fiberglass to have a finish that lovely.

my guess is that it's fiberglass, and they made it in like two days so they didn't have time to do a proper layup, and instead just carved a mold out of foam by hand and called it a day. i'm saying two days because even if the finish were that lovely out of the mold, you could bondo and sand it smooth in another few days before painting, but they clearly did not do that either.

just low effort all around.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

android

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
By design. The android is intended to represent the OS.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cis autodrag posted:

Not every apple employee gets a phone.

lmao

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

android?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

I prefer the term "Artificial Person" myself.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

if i worked at google id just stand up and quit

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that smug loving turtle

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

my guess is that it's fiberglass, and they made it in like two days so they didn't have time to do a proper layup, and instead just carved a mold out of foam by hand and called it a day. i'm saying two days because even if the finish were that lovely out of the mold, you could bondo and sand it smooth in another few days before painting, but they clearly did not do that either.

I'm going to guess that they had to remake the cookie mold like a dozen times to meet exacting nabisco brand standards and they ran out of time for the rest of it

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

infernal machines posted:

that smug loving turtle

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

android: now with 100% more product placement

also i guess they got rid of the blobby emojis since they realized they looked like poo poo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

NOOO NO NO NO NO

I love the turtle so much

do NOT replace it

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

the blob emojies were like the one thing that google did since gmail that was unequivocally good wtf

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Rex-Goliath posted:

the blob emojies were like the one thing that google did since gmail that was unequivocally good wtf

yea for real i have a bunch of stickers of them that're going in a future yosmas

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

some of the blobs weren't exactly the most clear in meaning, but the adorable simple animals made up for it.

A

N

R

O

I

D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
somebody please tell google about anti-aliasing