Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

chochmah posted:

Roberts is being modest this year:

fart shitzen is a legit esport. only the top 1% of players can open a door on the first try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

chochmah posted:

Roberts is being modest this year:

Wait, is ROBERT SPACE taking up room in the "esports" section? Cause if so loving :laffo:

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Someone post that picture of the cake that has Croberts face on it and it says "Robert need more gold." That wasn't just a fever dream was it?

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

D_Smart posted:

"I am done playing Star Citizen until 3.0"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPiwj2NVd2U&t=1046s

:owned:

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Star Citizen is everything to everyone, that includes esports :colbert:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hot sataball action.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

The citizens keep whining about our failed mass refund plan, but really the guys we got on the inside are far more successful at sabotaging CIG. :shrug:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hot sataball action.

Kicking them hard drives into the net. Off-foul!

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Whats going on with this gamescom 3.0 version? Clips?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BeigeJacket posted:

Whats going on with this gamescom 3.0 version? Clips?

It's the full game, Chris Roberts has revolutionized videogames yet again, truly a hero of our times

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
It's not that 3.0 isn't ready, it's that we're not ready for 3.0

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

It's the full game, Chris Roberts has revolutionized videogames yet again, truly a hero of our times

Refreshing turn of events!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

They called their booth Robert Space Industries again? I thought that was just a typo the first time around lol

I guess that makes it company #15 under their belt

And being right beside the hottest FPS game will only make them look even more janky, I imagine people just pointing and laughing while having actual fun at the PUBG booth

Also if that isn't proof WTFO is on the CIG payroll, he quit streaming their game in a huff and now suddenly is back in like nothing happened, almost as if he got reminded the contract he signed had very specific terms

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Clearly we are no longer at 2.6.3 territory.

It's now pre-patch 3.0
(and has been for weeks!)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
They're really committed to the "legal archive" story, aren't they?

Nobody better tell them what a subpoena is.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

*removed* :negative:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Variable 5 posted:

I think we'd need to explain what "discovery" is first.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Sappo569 posted:

They called their booth Robert Space Industries again? I thought that was just a typo the first time around lol

It's some ingenious cover for future lawsuits by Ortwin. "Oh no, sir, our company RobertS Space Industries has never appeared in Gamescom to present a non-existent game for mass pre-sales. It was a completely different entity unrelated to our LLC. It appears the court should look for a certain Christ Robert to answer these questions, as he is listed as the individual running that company as far as I know."

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 21, 2017

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Rad Russian posted:

It's some ingenious cover for future lawsuits by Ortwin. "Oh no, sir, our company RobertS Space Industries has never appeared in Gamescom to present a non-existent game for pre-sales. It was a completely different entity unrelated to our LLC."

I mean having seen the 12 other companies they're running, it wouldn't at all surprise me

It just makes it seem like a cheap chinese sweat shop booth trying to sell knock off jackets or something

COME TO NORF FACE FOR THE FINEST HIKING APPAREL!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

is this part of the new refund evasion script

I think one of the new ships they are going to sell is called the 600i. So I suspect this marketing gimmick involves tweeting out 600 stupid reasons to buy one.

If I could be bothered I'd make parody images involving the need for new office space doors.

Also while on the subject, if I could be bothered I'd respond to reddit Citizens posting paragraphs about bollocks that doesn't exist with "are you roleplaying?"

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/899743469056471040

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
It's bad form to be your own signal booster

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Are you telling me that 3.0 might not come out during Gamescon?

I seem to remember someone calling that. Perhaps it was MoMa. Maybe Beet.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Daaaamn.

Derek lied about being in MENSA.

This changes everything.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

MENSA more liek DENSA amright what's with that guys balls anyways

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

Daaaamn.

Derek lied about being in MENSA.

This changes everything.

Well that's new. I was a MENSA member for almost 20 years.

ps: LOL!! Oh look, another avatar. :grin:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Variable 5 posted:

It's extra odd because Derek himself tweets links to everything he ever writes anyway and then posts links to those tweets so it's not like them archiving him is needed

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

D_Smart posted:

MENSA

MENS

MEN

ME...

NSA!

OH SHI* *Radio fuzz*

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is there any truth to the rumor that Derek is changing his own avatar back and forth in a ploy to garner sympathy from his smarties clan?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

I'm glad you eventually figured out they're fake.

They're like when you get offered to be in one of those "Who's Who in the 'X'" listings for a small $150 fee, except a nominal test is involved.

Holy moly, their membership listing is dire:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mensans

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Maw posted:

It's extra odd because Derek himself tweets links to everything he ever writes anyway and then posts links to those tweets so it's not like them archiving him is needed

No, but you see, they post to archives of those links so as to not give him any traffic and thus not give him the pleasure of having their attention.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

He's a loving moron. Aside from the fact that he's holding someone else accountable for some other person's behavior.

As I just posted on my forum.

quote:

As to the divorce, that their personal business, and we shouldn't care. The only reason that I even mentioned it is because of the nepotism that I had investigated and uncovered back in 2015, and for which I got attacked, called a liar etc. Until Chris himself confirmed it in his massive diatribe. So if it's true (according to public records, they have been married and divorced to each other, twice), then that's one count of nepotism out of the way. Divorced or not, they will ALL be held accountable when this poo poo-show collapses.

The main issue here is that a group of family and friends - a total of 9 people - under Chris Roberts, have been Unjustly Enriched from $156M given to them by backers, and for which, after 6 years, they have yet to deliver the promised products. Even as they continue to use scam tactics and lies to continue raising funds for a game they know they can't build as pitched back in 2012.

And elsewhere earlier today, I said:

quote:

Precisely. There are many - many - businesses (mostly small businesses) which employ family members. The issue with CIG is that, using crowd-funded money, Croberts enriched his family and friends, most of whom are OVER PAID, in the furtherance of this scheme. There is a reason why “Unjust Enrichment” is a thing.

And aside from Erin, he did try to hide the fact that he was married to Sandi.

Of course, it wasn’t until I did my investigative blog that it came to light that all the people currently involved in the project, are the same same friends (excluding Ortwin) and family (excluding Sandi) who were involved in previous train-wrecks, namely that whole Gizmondo fiasco which I wrote about back in 20152.

Basically they are Roberts (all three), Elms (all three), Derek Senior, Tony Zurovek, Ortwin and others on the fringe like David Swofford (marketing), Eric Peterson (who bailed earlier on) who go all the way back to the early days with Croberts.

If you don’t think that’s shady enough, they even removed her “Meet Sandi Gardiner” entry from the website shortly after my expose. This is the last capture from March 2013. And this was around the time she was going on interviews and claiming to have two degrees in marketing, so she was totally qualified to be VP Of Marketing for the project. All of which have proven to be false.

I don’t see how anyone thinks that if they had gone to VC for money, how any of this would have passed due diligence.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

I'm glad you eventually figured out they're fake.

They're like when you get offered to be in one of those "Who's Who in the 'X'" listings for a small $150 fee, except a nominal test is involved.

Holy moly, their membership listing is dire:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mensans

I wouldn't go so far as to call them fake though. Back in the day, it was a big deal to get in. Even if you managed to solve their puzzle entry requirements.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/BNBL_Posts/status/899761246932807681

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Are you telling me that 3.0 might not come out during Gamescon?

I seem to remember someone calling that. Perhaps it was MoMa. Maybe Beet.

Called it :smuggo:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Oh yea, well I called that you'd call it. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

:hai: