Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i havent felt so many attempts at an emotional response from a game of thrones episode in a while now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhmPkYomz3I

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/899596240899510272

:eyepop:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Landonthemoon/status/899706096754991104

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/899705831045951493

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
it owns that trump disrespects the ss, fbi, etc

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Hollismason posted:

Huh , apparently Iceland has a very successful eugenics program that's almost eliminated all births of persons who have downs syndrome

thats just a side effect of how they need to keep every other marriage from being between first cousins because there's about 40 icelanders

Berke Negri posted:

to such a degree people can't even really agree on why
i say it's from lowering pollution and having more tv and video james and computer's.

also because cop's finally figured out what a serial killer is

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

fishmech posted:

thats just a side effect of how they need to keep every other marriage from being between first cousins because there's about 40 icelanders

i say it's from lowering pollution and having more tv and video james and computer's.

also because cop's finally figured out what a serial killer is

what's a serial killer?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ItalianComments/status/899691116416700416

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

exmarx posted:

it owns that Anus disrespects the ss, fbi, etc

i cannot wait for the inside job assassination

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

imagine the kind of tom clancy that'll come out the precocious iGen kids eating up all these weird politics.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Ask her to move in but say it would be a 2 state solution.

trip report: i did this and she was less than impressed. followed w a very very very terse convo about why she supports israel.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

trip report: i did this and she was less than impressed. followed w a very very very terse convo about why she supports israel.

:sever:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Does she support Israel or does she support likud

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

she apparently has been to like all the concentration camps and all the holocaust museums too, shes in this stuff deep. she doesnt like nattyyahoo tho.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

What did she say about why/how she supports israel?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

very tinged w "the israeli are wrong in some regards BUT" [cue anecdotes about israeli family members facing nasty Palestinians]. i think she's kinda racist

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

very tinged w "the israeli are wrong in some regards BUT" [cue anecdotes about israeli family members facing nasty Palestinians]. i think she's kinda racist

supporting apartheid didn't tip you off?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

supporting apartheid didn't tip you off?

nah because she parted those thighs

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

the pun was right there guys i couldnt not do it

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not mad, I'm disappointed.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Are you going to see her again?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Game of Thrones has been awesome now that they're not beholden to the source material. Like it's real good.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

drat I got 100 likes on twitter with the thunk sun

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i couldn't see the eclipse because i was busy with work. i think there'll be another one, i just have to wait fifty years

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i have an offsite in person lunch meeting tomorrow, so i'm going to get smashed on mai tais tonight and just show up to it hungover

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
just got back from the mountains to see the total eclipse. v much worth sitting in traffic for hours

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

I'm not mad, I'm disappointed.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hollismason posted:

Game of Thrones has been awesome now that they're not beholden to the source material. Like it's real good.

it's kind of bad actually because they've been just chopping away at all the side plots and tying loose ends which i would generally be in support of except they're doing it in a really clumsy and lazy way

like in the last episode it's clear that jon snow is completely unfit to be a leader because he keeps making the worst possible decisions but he has plot armor so he can't die or lose

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Counter Point : resolving all the sub plots moves things forward

Also last loving episode was baller. Actually every episode has had a crazy awesome sequence. I like the reduced number of episodes cause poo poo happens.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
yeah which is a good thing but it's kind of clear they dont really care about gracefully ending some of these subplots vs just chainsawing away big chunks

like the blackfish. yeah he was pretty much inconsequential but to give him some screen time and then just kill him off screen was lazy

or benjen showing up for a literal "no time to explain" rear end saving for no reason other than forced drama and to be like "btw this loose end? he's dead now"

i dont think thrones is like high art or even good prestige tv vs spectacle but it's obvious how little they care about anything but ending the show and firing up lower budget spinoffs

any writing which requires previously competent characters to act like total scrubs just to make action happen is lazy. like christ jon at least bring an emergency raven or something on your super dangerous mission which you didn't need to do anyway

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I just see it as them saying " Well we got one more season so we need to wrap up every loose end".

Admit it thought you cheered at some point in the last episode. That was crrrrrrrrrrrazzzy

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

:hfive:

Hollismason posted:

I just see it as them saying " Well we got one more season so we need to wrap up every loose end".

Admit it thought you cheered at some point in the last episode. That was crrrrrrrrrrrazzzy

I havnt watched it yet but Im going to cautiously take your levels of joy that something good happened for once.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
there's a lot of stuff that bothers me in game of thrones but prly the most consistent thing is that major characters love hanging out at the very edge of windy precipices, like in the last ep as tyrion was watching dany depart with her dragons he was standing directly underneath them and their backblast at his fav brooding spot, at the edge of a thousand foot high cliff

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

boner confessor posted:

there's a lot of stuff that bothers me in game of thrones but prly the most consistent thing is that major characters love hanging out at the very edge of windy precipices, like in the last ep as tyrion was watching dany depart with her dragons he was standing directly underneath them and their backblast at his fav brooding spot, at the edge of a thousand foot high cliff

the impossible nature of most of asoiaf's castles is the source of my pet theory that they were built by aliens who then became the wight walkers or children of the forest or whatever

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

the impossible nature of most of asoiaf's castles is the source of my pet theory that they were built by aliens who then became the wight walkers or children of the forest or whatever

impossible architecturally or as defensive works because that part has seemed plausibly fanciful to me with the exception of harrenhal

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Nah it was pretty common to build castles like that. You can accomplish a lot if you have a labor force but don't care about their misery.

They obviously were not as big as GoT but building castles on top of a cliff or on top of a giant plateu was pretty common

That walkway they go up to Dany's new castle, whatever its called is 100% real just the castle is fake. There was a castle though there. Anyway yea, that walkway up from the shore is real.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 22, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Game of thrones is trash

Defenders is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I...

* makes his way outside. Then to the back of the apartment complex where he descends a dark staircase. He has to shoulder his way through the door which is blocked by reams of papers. Sorting through them he finds the answer he was looking for *

disagree

• Locked thread