Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

Yeah its a recently introduced bug. Hopefully will be fixed for the next minor patch.

That's a relief. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Moddington posted:

No, because that's what the mule circumvents. Your SSF stash is shared between characters, so you just make a new level 1 character that you load up what you want to sell and transfer just him out of SSF. The only way to prevent this would be to get rid of the per-character transfer option.

I wasn't aware you could share between SSF guys. That's an easy enough fix in this hypothetical world we've built; SSF characters don't share stash with each other. Seems straightforward enough.

NofrikinfuN posted:

Does anyone else get like 100 exceptions every time they close the client? I'm not sure what the problem is, but it only happens when I close the game.

This has been happening to me as well and it is quite irritating.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Azran posted:

Okay, I need your help on this one guys.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_AXARCA_/characters

My AvionDelChapecoense character is doing kinda bad in maps - she has Not Good DPS and survivability, and I want to know what can I do/buy to improve. What should I aim for? I haven't had an upgrade drop in a LONG time (at least not one with the right sockets).

Gear aside, your passive skill tree pathing is very inefficient. When you are planning to make a new character, consult a guide or this thread, even.

Here's a skeleton of my preferred Duelist/Marauder phys melee build pathing adapted to 2h Axe Scion, at your level range. https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAM8ACRAA...a2NRrfTbwAAAAAA

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I wasn't aware you could share between SSF guys. That's an easy enough fix in this hypothetical world we've built; SSF characters don't share stash with each other. Seems straightforward enough.

If you want to gently caress over SSF completely, sure.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
the whole idea of ssf is that you build up your own stash of items without trading, why the gently caress would you want to turn it into farming mode for non-ssf characters

just buy a bisco's collar and play warchief chieftain

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

please knock Mom! posted:

the whole idea of ssf is that you build up your own stash of items without trading, why the gently caress would you want to turn it into farming mode for non-ssf characters

just buy a bisco's collar and play warchief chieftain

Some people really like the d3 economy

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you can save a point by pathing outside to Iron Reflexes, same with Iron Grip

path towards RT, your dps should be good if you buy that Doomsower (if you have more money think about getting a 500+ dps weapon, you might have to repath a point to axes)

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "pathing outside"?

Trogdos! posted:

Gear aside, your passive skill tree pathing is very inefficient. When you are planning to make a new character, consult a guide or this thread, even.

Here's a skeleton of my preferred Duelist/Marauder phys melee build pathing adapted to 2h Axe Scion, at your level range. https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAM8ACRAA...a2NRrfTbwAAAAAA

Oh, alright. I am following a guide, though! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/847200 I'll use your pathing instead :)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Azran posted:

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "pathing outside"?

the grid has three rings, you pathed in the middle ring when you could have pathed on the outside ring

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Despair posted:

Some people really like the d3 economy

careful, another moron might drive by and imply that you don't know anything about what made d3 bad or that you're just defending ggg's decision not to implement any form of offline/passive trading because of video game tribalism

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the grid has three rings, you pathed in the middle ring when you could have pathed on the outside ring

Oh, I see. I don't know how I never noticed that. :shobon: I'll have to find a way to shore up my elemental resistances now that I'm not using the elemental res nodes, though.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

careful, another moron might drive by and imply that you don't know anything about what made d3 bad or that you're just defending ggg's decision not to implement any form of offline/passive trading because of video game tribalism

It's ok, I already keep guild chat closed half the time anyways. Don't need to see people bitching about how hard the game got for their poo poo builds, begging for someone to buy them 100c leveling items, or asking for advice and then ignoring all of it.

Wonder if that goon is still running around with that -quantity ventors with 16% net resistances.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I got multiple messages yesterday asking to buy various uniques from people that cancelled my party request, almost certainly to make sure that I was actually going to sell an item at the price I listed in order to know how to price their own item.

I can't wait for this to become common practice in the greatest trade system ever devised.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Azran posted:

Oh, alright. I am following a guide, though! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/847200 I'll use your pathing instead :)

Huh. Well I personally disagree with many of his choices :v: Anyway I only just noticed that you're melee/Spec Throw hybrid so for one don't spec into the melee damage nodes at scion start in my tree, those wouldn't apply to ST. In any case with the trees being very different you don't have to spend all your currency on regrets to change it; I'm no expert on ST builds anyway and the tree I gave you is meant for melee builds like Cyclone or Sunder even though it does work with your ST build. But don't be discouraged, every expert here has made a ton of messed up characters both skill and gear-wise before they got the hang of things.

By the way, it's okay to take resistance nodes if you need them, like Diamond Skin (+15% all resists to the left of the Marauder start) is only +2 points in my tree. Preferably, you'll pick up gear with resists on it and won't need any on your passive tree, but that's only ideally.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I completely agree that fully automatic auction house isn't the answer there has to be something that can be done to make trading not such a miserable experience. Bitching on reddit seems to be pretty effective, too

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Actual question: I'm playing a SRS build right now and don't really have any trouble in T9/T10 maps, but I don't know how well I'd hold up in red maps. I'm sitting at around 6K life right now--what would be a decent value to shoot for?

Also, I'm using a 6L staff right now with +1 to fire gems. I know the method for crafting a +3, but don't really have the currency to shoot for it right now. Is it feasible to scour my staff, buy Rage essences to get +2 to fire gems on it, and pray for an empty suffix slot for blood magic (corollary: is there a trustable way to ask someone else to craft blood magic for you, if you don't have Vagan at level 8)? I'm not super familiar with the crafting mechanics.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Red Red Blue posted:

I completely agree that fully automatic auction house isn't the answer there has to be something that can be done to make trading not such a miserable experience. Bitching on reddit seems to be pretty effective, too

trading has been bitched about for 5 years now

good luck

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

good luck

We got premium tabs and the API at least.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

good luck

Just playing the long game

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
wait, how did poe.trade work without API access

edit: oh god

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
What's the actual concern with implementing some kind of AH that automatically transfers the item? I get that it's not going to happen because GGG doesn't want it, but I don't understand how having frictionless trading and prices that actually reflect the market value of items could be a bad thing for the game.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
GGG just has to give API users the ability to filter out AFK people more easily, that alone would solve a lot of issues. Not much you can do against price fixing though unless you somehow get the API to tell you who traded what item to who and for what

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Reiterpallasch posted:

You had to post every item on the official forums, mostly using an offline helper software that scraped data from your characters/stash and then posted in a thread automatically. it "worked"

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Reiterpallasch posted:

you think that's funny? Guess how much the high roller/auction house flipper players bitched when the new(read current) trade system drove prices into the ground (and quality item accessability way up).

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tiny Bug Child posted:

What's the actual concern with implementing some kind of AH that automatically transfers the item? I get that it's not going to happen because GGG doesn't want it, but I don't understand how having frictionless trading and prices that actually reflect the market value of items could be a bad thing for the game.
GGG doesn't want it, beyond player interaction reasons, because it will drive the price divide between mediocre and good items, and is considerably easier to automate.

Reiterpallasch posted:

It still scrapes forums threads.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Azran posted:

Okay, I need your help on this one guys.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_AXARCA_/characters

My AvionDelChapecoense character is doing kinda bad in maps - she has Not Good DPS and survivability, and I want to know what can I do/buy to improve. What should I aim for? I haven't had an upgrade drop in a LONG time (at least not one with the right sockets).

There are a bunch of circles on your tree that you could save a lot by cutting. I don't know where you want to go to next so some of this advice may not be quite right but:
* If you connect the strength node under Warrior's Blood you can free up the 8 stat nodes above Born to Fight
* You can kill the three dex nodes above the leech cluster
* You don't need the three strength nodes to the right of Bloodless

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Huh. That whole setup seems like an textbook quadratic scaling problem, which i guess is why they ended up adding API access.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is there anything useful to do with breach rings? I'm basically just trashing a bunch of lovely rings, but my lootfilter pops them up in a pretty purple so I feel compelled to pick them up anyway.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Tiny Bug Child posted:

Fundamentally, ARPGs are about getting loot. You have to balance a characters lifespan from 0 to "beating endgame content", gear wise. Any attempt to make getting loot easier shortens playtime.

You also have to balance economic power distribution. If you make trade easy, then the power goes to the people who get the highest end items first, making it easier for them to stay at the top and harder for everyone else to make any money. There is no "middle class". For example I made about 5ex last league, which is not the most anyone made but also enough to actually pay for things. An AH would make this much more unlikely.

Finally, the easier trade is, the easier pricing becomes and all the loot in the game will trend towards its natural price point (zero for everything except 100+ex BIS items).

Obviously balancing all three of these factors and "my character is progressing in a steady, fun rate" is a hard trick, especially since the player base only wants "easy progression" without understanding the train wreck that turns the game into (fortunately D3 at least soured some people on the idea)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I decided this morning to do a Frostbolt Inquisitor instead of the Frostblades Raider. Does this build guide seem relatively sound? The only change I'm planning to make is using a scepter/dagger and shield instead of dual wielding.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Reiterpallasch posted:

Actual question: I'm playing a SRS build right now and don't really have any trouble in T9/T10 maps, but I don't know how well I'd hold up in red maps. I'm sitting at around 6K life right now--what would be a decent value to shoot for?

Also, I'm using a 6L staff right now with +1 to fire gems. I know the method for crafting a +3, but don't really have the currency to shoot for it right now. Is it feasible to scour my staff, buy Rage essences to get +2 to fire gems on it, and pray for an empty suffix slot for blood magic (corollary: is there a trustable way to ask someone else to craft blood magic for you, if you don't have Vagan at level 8)? I'm not super familiar with the crafting mechanics.

On a staff you don't even need to essence craft for +2, you can use alterations to get +2 and then regal, and then craft blood magic. Definitely people in the guild who can help with that (costs a divine to do though).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Speaking of trading. I picked up a Touch of Anguish, and put it in my store tab for about 35c. 5 minutes later I got about 10 whispers pretty much simultaneously, which made me have another look at it. Seems I had rolled a perfect crit roll, and a near perfect damage roll, and the closest I could find to that on Poe.trade was selling for nearly a hundred c. Check your rolls, guys.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 21, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I gave up on the Charged Dash build, I went back to it after spending so much time on my totem chieftan and I wasn't feeling it for some reason.

In it's place I'm doing an experimental Whispering Ice Mines shadow build. I happened to have a map spit out an entire set of the divinity card for me and it came out 1 point off from perfect on both rollable stats. Got it to 6 sockets too. I went with mines because it'll help with my sanity to not have to try to get 2-3 green sockets on a staff. Alongside I'll have Herald of Ice, Frostbite (maybe with Blasphemy), and a movement skill of a sort. Will probably also go for the typical Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration setup too. I'll give a trip report once I get the thing rolling.

Trip Report

Actually changed the build slightly to do traps because it avoids excess Increased AoE (which is bad since it increases the spread of Icestorm icicles) and because I was able to get a good color setup on the Whispering Ice. Currently it's Trap Support + Cluster Traps + Added Lightning Damage + Concentrated Effect + Controlled Destruction + Reduced Mana Cost (which I'll change later to Increased Duration once I'm more comfortable with the mana cost). The AoE clear is pretty spectacular so far in the tail end of Act 5 and it's just supremely satisfying to see a ton of Icestorms everywhere, it'll be especially great once I do Cruel Lab for Chain Reaction from Saboteur.

On the side I have a 4L Ice Trap setup because my single target damage is sporadic at best. Ice Trap + Concentrated Effect + Added Lightning Damage + Controlled Destruction. Having two sets of traps also reduces my downtime when I slam into the cooldown occasionally so that's nice.

Beyond that I'm using Herald of Ice and Blasphemy Elemental Weakness, Flame Dash for mobility, and Vaal Ice Nova for Vaal (though I need to replace it with Vaal Lightning Trap later).

So far it's running pretty well, but I feel really squishy. Probably a result of being used to a heavy armor/life specced Marauder and not an evasion character.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Is this supposed to be a shot at me? I play both games and enjoy both games and think each does some things well and other things not so well. They provide good points of reference for the other.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mr. Despair posted:

On a staff you don't even need to essence craft for +2, you can use alterations to get +2 and then regal, and then craft blood magic. Definitely people in the guild who can help with that (costs a divine to do though).

Is that worth it financially speaking? I did a quick search and someone On The Internet was saying it would take like 200 alts to get +2 on average, and the thing I definitely don't want to happen is to scour my staff and end up broke without having a replacement.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I just wish there was a currency only auction house.

Eventually someone is going to make a trade website that adds some functionality that everyone swaps to, then they are going to monetize it with delayed listings for non-paying users. Then GGG will get mad and handle the problem.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Deformed Church posted:

Is there anything useful to do with breach rings? I'm basically just trashing a bunch of lovely rings, but my lootfilter pops them up in a pretty purple so I feel compelled to pick them up anyway.

breaches can be hard and a breach ring that is more or less identical to one of the rings you wear anyway would be useful to have for cases where you can barely handle the map you're on and run into a breach. but otherwise no.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

nerox posted:

I just wish there was a currency only auction house.

Eventually someone is going to make a trade website that adds some functionality that everyone swaps to, then they are going to monetize it with delayed listings for non-paying users. Then GGG will get mad and handle the problem.

Why would GGG do anything about that? The community could go back to the old tool or make a new one.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Are there any good Blade Flurry builds that aren't based around uniques? I'm planning to play the Xbox version with some friends and I'd prefer to cut down on trading since I'm guessing it'll be a nightmare on console.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Reiterpallasch posted:

Is that worth it financially speaking? I did a quick search and someone On The Internet was saying it would take like 200 alts to get +2 on average, and the thing I definitely don't want to happen is to scour my staff and end up broke without having a replacement.

I don't know the exact average number of alts to roll +2 fire, but I suspect it is probably on average quite a bit cheaper to just essence it for +2. Even accounting for essences that either don't have a mod slot for blood magic, or for essences that brick the staff by rolling cold or fire damage to spells on it. For an anecdote, when I was in the process of making my +3 staff, I saw +2 fire once in 400 alts. It came with a suffix, so I kept rolling it and it took another 150-200 or so alts to see +2 fire again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Not much you can do against price fixing though unless you somehow get the API to tell you who traded what item to who and for what

I mean, don't you make it so that I have to set a price as I put it in my 'sell' stash tab and I can't change it on the fly and if someone comes along and offers the price it gets sold to them automatically at that price. No way to game prices then, whatever you want for it that is what someone will have to pay.