Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

steinrokkan posted:

Veterans are sub-garbage level entities.

they love being homeless and committing suicide it's real weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
good veterans:
Audie Murphy
Rambo
PTSD dude who iced Chris Kyle

any more?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Caro
Pisspiggranddad
Osama bin Laden
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi

Those were all honorable fighters

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

Bip Roberts posted:

irl lol. also instead of euthanizing vets when their usefulness ends we just give them benzo and opiate prescriptions at once

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

they love being homeless and committing suicide it's real weird

A lot of vets commit suicide because while they were serving there was a strong sense of community and loyalty with other soldiers in their unit, and they're subsequently unable to deal with the disconnect when their service ends and they return to a society of alienated loners endlessly competing with each other.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cargo cult posted:

irl lol. also instead of euthanizing vets when their usefulness ends we just give them benzo and opiate prescriptions at once

Tom-aay-to, tom-ah-to

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Digiwizzard posted:

A lot of vets commit suicide because while they were serving there was a strong sense of community and loyalty with other soldiers in their unit, and they're subsequently unable to deal with the disconnect when their service ends and they return to a society of alienated loners endlessly competing with each other.

Committing war crimes together brings a unity of purpose I will never match in civilian life

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Crane Fist posted:

Committing war crimes together brings a unity of purpose I will never match in civilian life

Tomaaayto-Tamato

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
The majority of veterans who commit suicide tend to be non-combat support personnel

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i like the part where the military grinds away their basic resistance to taking a human life and then they get out and become cops

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Digiwizzard posted:

The majority of veterans who commit suicide tend to be non-combat support personnel

Was this in response to anything or is it reintroduction shock education day on the forums and no one told me

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
What does your heart tell you?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Digiwizzard posted:

Yeah it's a complicated subject and a lot of depressed veterans were also depressed before they were in the military, which is why they joined the military

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Digiwizzard posted:

beep boop

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Bip Roberts posted:

good veterans:
Audie Murphy
Rambo

any more?

Veterans of the psychic wars.

second time in a week I've had an excuse to post that

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i like the part where the military grinds away their basic resistance to taking a human life and then they get out and become cops

wasnt there some story that veteran cops actually tended to be better disciplined and less likely to shoot people than other cops

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

StashAugustine posted:

wasnt there some story that veteran cops actually tended to be better disciplined and less likely to shoot people than other cops

maybe if they're navy vets, the only service branch that actually has deescalation training or some poo poo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Oliver north was the last great american warrior

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i love the companies that pride themselves on hiring veterans. my company tried doing that and they were all shitheads. the guys from liberty city in miami are better workers.

i think the problem is that guys that leave the military arent deprogramed. they're suddenly left to their own devices so they get addicted to poo poo because they suddenly have nobody to tell them no or a cohesive structure to adhere to. they're just thrown to the whims of capitalism and at the same time told they can do no wrong because they're veterans.

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 00:25 on Aug 22, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

StashAugustine posted:

maybe MPs or something, usually you just shoot the things or blow them up with bombs or light them on fire in a creative way

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
also gently caress all these armed services appreciation poo poo. jfc.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I think we should spend all the money used on armed services appreciation on therapy for veterans instead

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its weird to me that conservative people love appreciating the military but let them just sort of rot away. At least many leftists are consistent when letting them rot away by also calling them real fuckers

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

Oliver north was the last great american warrior

Nice rap sheet you racist fuckface.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its just like unborn babies being important but living ones not. :shrug:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

gently caress off

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Digiwizzard posted:

That the great cull is imminent, inshallah. Why?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

In fairness he is from like Denmark or something

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
also in fairness to him he was in an epic forums struggle with efftronica

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Darkman Fanpage posted:

also gently caress all these armed services appreciation poo poo. jfc.

oorah civilian... now lets watch this footbaw!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Veterans are the one of the most anti-war blocs of people I've ever met.

Most of them are victims, but some of them are true psychopaths.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

Veterans are the one of the most anti-war blocs of people I've ever met.

Most of them are victims, but some of them are true psychopaths.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Crane Fist posted:

That the great cull is imminent, inshallah. Why?

I found the Vanilla ISIS

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Internet VFW/GIP might be more anti-war than D&D which says something

But GIP also has a few posters who want to nuke everything, including themselves.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Another great drive-by post from "Elephant Ambush"

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

But GIP also has a few posters who want to nuke everything, including themselves.

that's more of a function of them being alcoholics though

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
Fascism is a systemic response to the death throes Capitalism. Unless it's taken out at the knee caps, Capitalism will simply continue to generate more and more fascists before imploding into a violent supernova of death.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

well cspam also has baloogan

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Digiwizzard posted:

Fascism is a systemic response to the death throes Capitalism. Unless it's taken out at the knee caps, Capitalism will simply continue to generate more and more fascists before imploding into a violent supernova of death.

Dont worry, Capitalism is now our moral compass and it shall never die.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/19/business/moral-voice-ceos.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

well cspam also has baloogan

loogs aint a veteran except at rts games