Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Pretty sure giving the Taliban official status in the same sentence as discussing talks with the Afghanistan government means this plan isn't gonna work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

We are sending troops to pakistan?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol yes the country without universal access to plumbing is going to provide economic assistance to Afghanistan.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
So basicallu we're going to commit all kinds of war crimes

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

nine-gear crow posted:

Okay, so that's three nuclear powers Trump has stirred up poo poo with unprompted in seven months. Wonderful.

Actually by pissing off both India and Pakistan Trump is cleverly getting them to cooperate with eachother against us! Genius!

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I'm lazy. Also civilian control of military is bad.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

SardonicTyrant posted:

:10bux: no one has told Trump Pakistan has nukes.

Does Pakistan have ICBMs that can hit the US?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Ague Proof posted:

I'm lazy. Also civilian control of military is bad.

nbd, we don't currently have that anyway

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wait did he just say that there will be talks with the Taliban?

the united states has negotiated with the taliban before to accomplish some of the same political goals that trump outlined. the negotiations have always fallen through because neither side trusts the other and many of the red lines are unacceptable to the other. it isn't a terrible idea and probably necessary in some capacity.

iirc, the berghdal affair torpedoed the last major attempt to reach an agreement

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Actually by pissing off both India and Pakistan Trump is cleverly getting them to cooperate with eachother against us! Genius!

I was floored (but not shocked). "We need our allies in Pakistan and India to continue helping us. But India and Pakistan suck and they don't do enough to help us."

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

SardonicTyrant posted:

:10bux: no one has told Trump Pakistan has nukes.

He mentioned it, actually, but in your defense we all know he was not aware of it this afternoon.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Pellisworth posted:

I suspect they will shortly.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

lol I think Trump just paused for applause that never came

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Giggy posted:

I was floored (but not shocked). "We need our allies in Pakistan and India to continue helping us. But India and Pakistan suck and they don't do enough to help us."

Nothing could make that happen.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Pellisworth posted:

No, India does however.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Did he just call for India and Pakistan to spend more on defense and helping the US in South Asia?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pellisworth posted:

I'm like 80% sure Pakistan doesn't have ICBMs, only short range missiles (because their only target is India).

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
At least I missed the mark on North Korea I guess. God drat it.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Hmm so apparently regulations which prevent war crimes and collateral damage are "micromanagement" that's good to know.

Also I think his secret goal is to calm nuclear tensions on the Indian subcontinent by uniting India and Pakistan in a cry of "gently caress this fat orange cocksucker telling us what to do."

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

You can feel the horniness level go up whenever he says things like CRUSH or BATTLE.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Pellisworth posted:

I'm pretty sure they have missiles that can hit India and Israel.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh. Right. Four nuclear powers :eng101:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
The verbal cadence of this reminds me of a drunken teenager trying really hard to impress his buddies that he totally won that fight, I WAS A BAAAADAAAASSSSSS. *has two black eyes and twenty sticthes, pumps fist*

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

CommieGIR posted:

Pretty sure giving the Taliban official status in the same sentence as discussing talks with the Afghanistan government means this plan isn't gonna work.

Yeah I'm starting to think this Trump fellow isn't that bright.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Okay so let me summarize the content of this speech:

-We're not going to set any timelines or tell you what we're doing in these wars, withdrawal will be based on conditions on the ground. So, forever war!
-Pakistan is harboring terrorists and is naughty.
-We're going to keep loving things up in South Asia. Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India are going to pay for it.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Did he just say Asghanistan?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

lol I think Trump just paused for applause that never came

To be fair, they can't boo him, either

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

most of this speech sounds like mcmaster, but every so often i hear sudden injections of trumpism

like, talking about how "military power will not create a solution" before talking about how the united states will kill terrorists without discretion

lots of talking about winning

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

most of this speech sounds like mcmaster, but every so often i hear sudden injections of trumpism

like, talking about how "military power will not create a solution" before talking about how the united states will pursue terrorists without discretion

Kelly is standing just off stage whispering "please stay on script please stay on script" over and over to himself.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

QuoProQuid posted:

like, talking about how "military power will not create a solution" before talking about how the united states will pursue terrorists without discretion

I dunno, maybe McMaster refers to terrorists as losers

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

We are increasing our nukes?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

lol but god forbid you pay the tiny amount it costs for trans medical costs for transgender service members

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

We are increasing our nukes?

Gotta close the missile gap with the Soviets dude.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Red posted:

I dunno, maybe McMaster refers to terrorists as losers

referring to terrorists as losers is probably the single piece of trumpian vocabulary i could get behind

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010
Forever war with honor.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Soooo... what was the point of this speech? His new strategy was just a bunch of vague Candidate Trump-style generalities. Even Bush went into more concrete specifics about Afghanistan than this. Jesus.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
This speech is nonsense but hes really effective at delivering it. If he stays fully on script this could be a dangerous turning point.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

TyroneGoldstein posted:

This speech is nonsense but hes really effective at delivering it. If he stays fully on script this could be a dangerous turning point.

:ughh:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
what is this doddering around stage pointing

he looked like he was searching for applause and audience interaction and it was hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Black dude in the front row is not very enthusiastic in his clapping.

• Locked thread