Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched the first season of Tokyo Majin recently and it is real dumb and the plot is all over the place but if you're bored and want to binge something action-y you could do worse. That's not a recommendation, just a FYI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

good day

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

totally missed

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Everything Burrito posted:

I watched the first season of Tokyo Majin recently and it is real dumb and the plot is all over the place but if you're bored and want to binge something action-y you could do worse. That's not a recommendation, just a FYI.

I'm still sorry I set you down this path.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh no Astolfo

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Nice stealthy-rear end posting, too :thumbsup:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

He'll go blind doing that

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Totality was awesome

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

GorfZaplen posted:

Totality was awesome

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

rvm
May 6, 2013
How about...

No.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEwSfbE9IXc

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Happy 40th Birthday to Kenta Miyake! :3:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Anyone happen to know where I can see wth the scrolling text at the end of Gunbuster ep6 says? Subtitlers were asleep by that time.

Also, what is the difference between the regular finale and the "b" version?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

ufarn posted:

Anyone happen to know where I can see wth the scrolling text at the end of Gunbuster ep6 says? Subtitlers were asleep by that time.

Also, what is the difference between the regular finale and the "b" version?

I think it's just the credits and the difference is that one version is in the original widescreen format and the other is in 4:3.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

rvm posted:

How about...

No.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I think it's just the credits and the difference is that one version is in the original widescreen format and the other is in 4:3.
yeah, the second one is open matte, and should not be watched

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
One of the versions I have has the text removed so I'm definitely leaning toward it just being the credits.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you don't watch the 4:3 one because they animated the last ep under the assumption it would be seen in widescreen so you see lots of bits you shouldn't be seeing

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I started watching The Irresponsible Captain Tylor and it's good but I think I liked it more when I mistakenly thought it was going to be a really over the top 6 episode OVA because I downloaded a torrent that only had the first six episodes.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I started watching The Irresponsible Captain Tylor and it's good but I think I liked it more when I mistakenly thought it was going to be a really over the top 6 episode OVA because I downloaded a torrent that only had the first six episodes.

OVAs were the pinnacle of the artform imo

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

One of the things I really liked about Flip Flappers was the self contained and experimental nature of the episodes, coupled with the good production values it had a mighty OVA feel to it. The middle back half felt the cheapest and most like a television anime and that's why it fell flat for me. The ending made everything good again thankfully

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tylor is really good but i think it would benefit from the animators having any time to do anything interesting with how it looks cause the first and last episodes are insanely strikingly animated with lots of personality and some of the best gags built around it and then everything in between almost just feels like stills in comparison. lots of great writing but i fell off it a couple times cause the visuals can't really keep up. really strong ending though

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 23, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

One of the things I really liked about Flip Flappers was the self contained and experimental nature of the episodes, coupled with the good production values it had a mighty OVA feel to it. The middle back half felt the cheapest and most like a television anime and that's why it fell flat for me. The ending made everything good again thankfully
the back half was good because it had yayaka, who did nothing wrong

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

tylor is really good but i think it would benefit from the animators having any time to do anything interesting with how it looks cause the first and last episodes are insanely strikingly animated with lots of personality and some of the best gags built around it and then everything in between almost just feels like stills in comparison

Yeah part of the reason I thought it was an OVA is because of how good the animation was in the first episode. I really loved the scene where Azalyn breaks down over the death of her parents and is comforted by Dom. There's so much going on in that short little scene that I got really really excited for what was coming next.

So yeah it's definitely a little disappointing but at least now I know I have the last episode to look forward to.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Aug 23, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

the back half was good because it had yayaka, who did nothing wrong

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

let's make the very spooky month of october a collaborative streaming month, everyone stream some horror and we can have a scary livestream every day of the month. let's make the stream dream a reality

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

homeless snail posted:

let's make the very spooky month of october a collaborative streaming month, everyone stream some horror and we can have a scary livestream every day of the month. let's make the stream dream a reality

Squark would break down from having to cover her eyes every day

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I found a spooky show that looks like anime Are You Afraid of the Dark, it will be okay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUjPQNRi5gk

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

snail are you addicted to streaming?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Off to a strong start.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

Off to a strong start.

Nozaki is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Dryzen posted:

snail are you addicted to streaming?

He wants redemption after the atrocities committed in the name of the wheel.

• Locked thread