Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Well, whatever is about to happen to Lucky Felicia just got a solid 200% more horrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Oh god not dear sweet precious Felicia

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
While I'm here AMA about the comic, clevin, Yabalachoath's enormous monster dong, etc I guess

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Dear Operant how rad are petal knights?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Operant posted:

While I'm here AMA about the comic, clevin, Yabalachoath's enormous monster dong, etc I guess

Is Clevin YISUN

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Operant posted:

Are any of the current set of rowdy boys going to become part of the 108 stars and their eternal punch-up?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is Clevin YISUN

You fool, everything is YISUN!

Oh god Clevin is YISUN

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Operant posted:

Was the goon who proposed the ovipositor theory correct?

In more seriousness, I really liked the devil fannart thing but had finals at the time and couldn't participate; will there ever be anything like that again?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Any news on when we can expect a physical book 2?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Oh, yeah, for a serious question, I guess I'd ask about the continuity of personality thing with devils. I thought they died for real when they lost their masks since they were subsumed by the seething chaos of the eternal black flame, but we've seen twice that's not quite right. With Cio even though she is radically different from her ebony self a lot of that is conscious choice, and I'm assuming part of that is the same mask being used. But with Princess, Allison stole a mask to bind her untethered self with, but she seems to retain memories instead of being completely new. What's up with that?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Ledgem posted:

Was the goon who proposed the ovipositor theory correct?

In more seriousness, I really liked the devil fannart thing but had finals at the time and couldn't participate; will there ever be anything like that again?

Purely as a guess I think he'll end up doing it at least one more time with a bunch of Angels.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PetraCore posted:

Oh, yeah, for a serious question, I guess I'd ask about the continuity of personality thing with devils. I thought they died for real when they lost their masks since they were subsumed by the seething chaos of the eternal black flame, but we've seen twice that's not quite right. With Cio even though she is radically different from her ebony self a lot of that is conscious choice, and I'm assuming part of that is the same mask being used. But with Princess, Allison stole a mask to bind her untethered self with, but she seems to retain memories instead of being completely new. What's up with that?
I think part of it is that she masked her before she'd completely broken down, while with Cio, she was diffused enough that they needed the same mask in order to gather what was left into one place?

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS

PetraCore posted:

Dear Operant how rad are petal knights?

The coolest and the raddest. They actually sort of have their poo poo together unlike all the other angels. They are also huge assholes though, so I guess they're still like other angels in that regard.

Pureauthor posted:

Are any of the current set of rowdy boys going to become part of the 108 stars and their eternal punch-up?
I hope so, I'm actually not sure about it yet. It depends how I'm feeling about a certain character or two a little closer to the end of the book. Don't think we're done with the other pursuers either

Ledgem posted:

In more seriousness, I really liked the devil fanart thing but had finals at the time and couldn't participate; will there ever be anything like that again?
I think so, there'll be a bigass kung-fu tournament kind of thing in the next chapter so I'll need designs for that.

Schwarzwald posted:

Any news on when we can expect a physical book 2?
Late this year or early next, it basically depends when Image has room for it. I've been told from December-Feb at this point. It's definitely happening though, there's still interest from Image.

PetraCore posted:

Breaking a mask is pretty much personality death for a devil. So I guess you could say the devil we regard currently as Princess is currently self-deluding into thinking they are the devil formerly known as Vladok. All devils are part of the same sort of mess so in a way that is actually true. Vladok's personality and memories were floating around in the Hot Black Flame somewhere at some point. It's all sort of the same.

To the same point, though, you could argue that Vladok never really existed, but was merely a personality imposed on raw chaos, deluding itself that it existed. You could probably argue that devils aren't actually individuals at all, though they apparently delude themselves into thinking so, and lack an intrinsic self. But this wouldn't particularly bother them.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Does Himself know the minds of every other devil, having lost the illusion of individuality from the Hot Black Flame?

In the long arc of the KSBD universe, is everything eventually consumed by the Hot Black Flame?

Was Incubus castrated at some point?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Operant posted:

The coolest and the raddest. They actually sort of have their poo poo together unlike all the other angels. They are also huge assholes though, so I guess they're still like other angels in that regard.

Breaking a mask is pretty much personality death for a devil. So I guess you could say the devil we regard currently as Princess is currently self-deluding into thinking they are the devil formerly known as Vladok. All devils are part of the same sort of mess so in a way that is actually true. Vladok's personality and memories were floating around in the Hot Black Flame somewhere at some point. It's all sort of the same.

To the same point, though, you could argue that Vladok never really existed, but was merely a personality imposed on raw chaos, deluding itself that it existed. You could probably argue that devils aren't actually individuals at all, though they apparently delude themselves into thinking so, and lack an intrinsic self. But this wouldn't particularly bother them.
So, is part of it that the mass of dangerous black flame that Allison contained with the shiny rad mask contained some of Vladok's personality, but not all of it, because the mask is an essential part of the whole thing and Vladok had already dissipated?

Also puts some interesting twists on the Cio situation, since she's got the same mask, but it's been broken and repaired, so it's NOT the same mask. It's like a kintsugi mask. Cool!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Obviously I'm a bit biased in my questions, but can we get a lore card on INGSVLD's race? Are they the same thing as orb-head guy and all-seeing-eye-pyramid-head guy? Can Cio's book be restored to having a body, given that it still seems alive?

Did Cat Master bring a cat on the heist with him (other than Lucky Felicia, I mean)?

Which character has the best disco moves? The freshest beats?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Operant posted:

Is THE CLEVIN opened by cat butthole alarm clock?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Operant posted:

Any regrets about the comic besides the million chairs?

Are we going to see the crate of teacups again?

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS

Dead Reckoning posted:

Does Himself know the minds of every other devil, having lost the illusion of individuality from the Hot Black Flame?

In the long arc of the KSBD universe, is everything eventually consumed by the Hot Black Flame?

Was Incubus castrated at some point?

pretty on the money with all of those, except the angels would probably take issue with #2, that's sort of their job and they'll be around literally forever so I'm not sure if that can actually happen

The Lord of Hats posted:

Obviously I'm a bit biased in my questions, but can we get a lore card on INGSVLD's race? Are they the same thing as orb-head guy and all-seeing-eye-pyramid-head guy? Can Cio's book be restored to having a body, given that it still seems alive?

Did Cat Master bring a cat on the heist with him (other than Lucky Felicia, I mean)?

Which character has the best disco moves? The freshest beats?

On the first I'll definitely do one, on the second of course and on the last I'd say definitely Princess

nimby posted:

Any regrets about the comic besides the million chairs?

Are we going to see the crate of teacups again?
To the second question, probably not, even though it's the true hero of this comic, to the first, I'd really like to refine my comic making so I can focus on telling a story more than trying to draw super elaborate poo poo all the time but I guess that's part of the draw. I read a bunch of good as hell comics/manga where the backgrounds are super minimalist/simplistic (like Saga for example) and cry a little sometimes. I have a disease

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Operant posted:

To the second question, probably not, even though it's the true hero of this comic, to the first, I'd really like to refine my comic making so I can focus on telling a story more than trying to draw super elaborate poo poo all the time but I guess that's part of the draw. I read a bunch of good as hell comics/manga where the backgrounds are super minimalist/simplistic (like Saga for example) and cry a little sometimes. I have a disease

i guess that's why the dinotopia artist stuck to picture books

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
is there any place where all of the text only stories can be collected or at least is there a place that says what page they are all attached to so I can find them?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hello operant i have no questions but i want to let ya know that your comic us hella rad.

Also i blame you for the dick girl talk. Not kink shaming thought...

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Operant posted:

I think so, there'll be a bigass kung-fu tournament kind of thing in the next chapter so I'll need designs for that.

Following on this, will we finally get the extended training-via-Maya montage we've all been waiting for?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Operant posted:

At what point does Incubus' brain burn out loving with the god key?

Also when does his next album drop?

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Operant posted:

does nyan poo poo in a hole

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

More importantly when can I expect the cease and desist for my totally infringing av?

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
and does he have a big blue spiky penis that looks like sonic the hedgehog

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

1. do all devils have eyenipples or only some devils

2. same question but dicks

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Reene posted:

Do devils have literal stink-eyes?

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS

violent sex idiot posted:

is there any place where all of the text only stories can be collected or at least is there a place that says what page they are all attached to so I can find them?
Unfortunately no, though I had thought about making a space for them.

ElMaligno posted:

Hello operant i have no questions but i want to let ya know that your comic us hella rad.

Also i blame you for the dick girl talk. Not kink shaming thought...
Thanks friend. I want to state for the record that my piece of advice to you is the question 'Why not?' should actually be given serious consideration sometimes.

wiegieman posted:

Following on this, will we finally get the extended training-via-Maya montage we've all been waiting for?
yeah, but it's probably the darkest part of the comic so be prepared

Bilirubin posted:

At what point does Incubus' brain burn out loving with the god key?

Also when does his next album drop?
Incubus is a cool rude boy that will definitely be around for a while so we'll find all these questions out I'm sure

the old ceremony posted:

you are my actual favorite SA poster

Bilirubin posted:

More importantly when can I expect the cease and desist for my totally infringing av?
It's loving cool that people have KSBD avs

Reene posted:

You know the answer already

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Operant, how often does Solomon David change his beard style and how closely related is it to his mastery of martial arts/looking good and feeling fine?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Operant posted:

the old ceremony posted:

Is YISUN in fact merely another parachute account?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Operant posted:

pretty on the money with all of those, except the angels would probably take issue with #2, that's sort of their job and they'll be around literally forever so I'm not sure if that can actually happen

I like your comic, especially the giant Where's Waldo pages. I look forward to more drama, reveals, and Incubus sword fighting.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hi, Operant! We love you!

Do you get enough money for K6BD to be self-sustaining for the forseeable future? It seems like you get a lot from the Patreon, but I don't know how much of that is eaten up by taxes and living expenses and I guess I'm just concerned that you're going to have one bad month and have to give up this wonderful art to get a day job or something that actually pays above the poverty line. :ohdear:

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Thanks for making a cool rear end comic.

Will any other Prime Angels reincarnate or become active forces during the story?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Operant your comic is good and I enjoy reading it and my question is did Layla Brimestone die for real no coming back ever

And for question two how many of Mottom's guards who fought the 108 are currently involved in the pursuit

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

how badly, on the poorly defined scale of your choice, is the whole allison deal going to go for incubus?

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Operant posted:

thank you friend. did you know that echidnas have four penises? only two are used in sex. nobody knows what the purpose of the other two is yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

Operant posted:

I am incredibly hyped for this, mostly because I want to see ancient masters of esoteric cosmic kung-fu styles to turn up, only for Solomon David to scoff that "Drunken Phoenix Turbo-Chi School is ok I guess, if you're into more mainstream stuff"