Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

Wait wait wait

Symphogear's sex is weird?

Boobs and butts are weird?

Sometimes a piece of media post will attempt to give off one tone, but the intended audience will receive another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
nothing about it bothers me. the inherent comedic value of "the main character is a horse below the waist" punctuating the depiction of otherwise ordinary highschool girls exploring the idea of body image, is good. the anime sure had fun with the camera pov in that scene, too.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
did you know ufotables had to make a public apology because a guy who worked on a single scene in the new episode of touken ranbu drunktweeted that he intentionally drew a horse's face to look like a dick

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anime's a helluva business.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

The Colonel posted:

did you know ufotables had to make a public apology because a guy who worked on a single scene in the new episode of touken ranbu drunktweeted that he intentionally drew a horse's face to look like a dick

well now that just doesn't seem like something to apologize for.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

paragon1 posted:

well now that just doesn't seem like something to apologize for.

you'd think, but apparently people got extremely upset over it

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The drunktweeter is not very good at drawing dicks, apparently.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

amazing. i'm torrenting the show now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eela6 posted:

That's a pretty cool framing of it. I may not be giving the show's plotting enough credit.

Now explain the the horse vagina ep please

Ed: It definitely seems like there's enough interest to merit a thread

In the manga it was chapter 0 and I was hoping they weren't going to bother since it never meshed with the tone of the rest but instead they dedicated half an episode to it.

I'd probably have made the thread but I'm lazy and would need to have my PC on which happens like once a week nowadays.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

The Colonel posted:

you'd think, but apparently people got extremely upset over it

the drawing, or the drunktweet?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i doubt he even actually intentionally drew it to look like a dick he just joked about it while drunk

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The anime isn't going to get to the part of the manga where the Chi-chans start school :sigh:

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

again all i want is snake girls

why isn't snake girl mania taking over japan? where is the monster girl idol anime in the swarm of idol anime this fall?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mods?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:yikes:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Eela6 posted:

look, I'm new to being an anime sex weird. I only started watching Symphogear like three months ago

I've been anime-ing for years and i just started Symphogear a few days ago.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
the sex weirds were permabanned years ago

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is that so? :geno:

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I'm late on this, but:

OG Idolmaster is really really good. The cast of characters are endearing and well-developed, it sells its underdog story extremely well, the animation is fantastic, and it's full of really fun episodes that span all sorts of side stories and concepts.

I'm midway through Cinderella Girls and it's been really weak in comparison. A lot of characters have thus far just been a single trait that they get one or two obligatory lines per episode to clumsily remind you about, and the one slightly "heavier" girl is just eating in every scene. Plus, I'm still kind of skeeved out by the first episode's whole thing where the gruff creepy producer basically stalks Rin while she repeatedly tells him she doesn't want to become an idol. I've heard the second half gets better, but it's definitely been a worse show than the original so far.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Blank Construct posted:

the sex weirds were permabanned years ago

But you're still here?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Droyer posted:

But you're still here?
I think he's talking about goons like the one who was way into Madoka Magica / Gen Urobuchi works?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wark Say posted:

I think he's talking about goons like the one who was way into Madoka Magica / Gen Urobuchi works?

I'm still here too

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm still here too

i like going into an old rear end adtrw archived thread and seeing 75% permas, 20% people who dont post anymore, and then saku

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The Sex Weirds never died, they simply adapted. Evolved. We are all the Sex Weirds now.

Vanilla will soon be punishable by death.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cake Attack posted:

i like going into an old rear end adtrw archived thread and seeing 75% permas, 20% people who dont post anymore, and then saku

Ugh no

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Wark Say posted:

As a 2013 reg you may not know this, but ADTRW used to have an infestation of literal pedos before the great pedogeddon where they were all permabanned. This was back in like 2007

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sakurazuka is the last surviving relic of old adtrw, because he's the only one not covered in grime and dirt

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tarezax posted:

As a 2013 reg you may not know this, but ADTRW used to have an infestation of literal pedos before the great pedogeddon where they were all permabanned. This was back in like 2007
I think it was actually '05 because I vaguely recall it happening almost right after I joined.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There was a big wave just before I joined then another soon after so 2005 sounds about right for the second

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

its not nearly 75%. you can got into many of those threads and see tons of guys that slipped through the gaps

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tarezax posted:

The reason I started coming to these forums was because of a link from some ANN thread concerning Psycho-Pass. Never knew about goons beyond the articles posted on the Main Site (I was a big fan of David Thorpe's "Your Band Sucks" and "Garbage Day")

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

esselfortium posted:

I'm late on this, but:

OG Idolmaster is really really good. The cast of characters are endearing and well-developed, it sells its underdog story extremely well, the animation is fantastic, and it's full of really fun episodes that span all sorts of side stories and concepts.

I'm midway through Cinderella Girls and it's been really weak in comparison. A lot of characters have thus far just been a single trait that they get one or two obligatory lines per episode to clumsily remind you about, and the one slightly "heavier" girl is just eating in every scene. Plus, I'm still kind of skeeved out by the first episode's whole thing where the gruff creepy producer basically stalks Rin while she repeatedly tells him she doesn't want to become an idol. I've heard the second half gets better, but it's definitely been a worse show than the original so far.
the producer, uh, isn't creepy, and he doesn't really stalk rin he just talks to her a couple of times. and the animation in cinderella girls is fantastic too. and og idolmaster sacrificed every single character's personality at the altar of making them want to gently caress the really boring producer. and also the only characters to really get any development were miki, chihaya, and haruka. and the resolution to chihaya's arc was awful.

meanwhile the main three in cinderella girls are really well developed, anzu and kirari get a decent amount to do, and miku is actually like, the most complicated character in the show and starts out as a lovely cat girl and ends up the only sane character which is a really fun arc.

and, uh, kanako actually is drawn chubbier than the other girls which is nice. and literally her entire bit is that it's fine for her to be the way she is and she doesn't have to worry about losing weight or anything. that's the thing the show explicitly says.

and seriously how are you not creeped out by makoto being a 'tomboy' who secretly wants to be super girly and date an adult man. endearing and well-developed.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 22, 2017

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

kanako's bmi is actually still severely underweight

nevermind it's considered very average

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Give me an im@s about the executive and the over 30 im@ses going drinking except rather than im@s it's a Drinking Girls anime.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Hungry mermaid and her new boyfriend were very cute in the new Isekai Shokudou. However! There are only a few episodes left (:() and the OP promised me a gang of fairies in awe of a dessert and I'm still waiting :colbert:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

a Drinking Girls anime.

This would be a good anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014