Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Dany could fly to Braavos for a beautiful continental breakfast at 7:30am and be back in time for a meeting at 9:30 no worries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

PupsOfWar posted:

it bugs me because many shots of Drogon have sorta lingered on his big sharp nasty back-spines

so whenever dany is up there, I have to wonder about whether those spikes are you know, loving her up

i like to think shes sitting on one :dong:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

PupsOfWar posted:

the fake spoilers don't name Tyene, just "one of oberyns daughters"
might be one of the other sand snakes who were too smart to get caught being on this show

but does she have the bad pussy? :ohdear:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

DAENERYS (deadpan): the dragons...are my children, jon...the only children I'll ever have...because my junk all got real torn up during dragon maneuvers...you understand?

JOHNNY SNOW (mumble): yes but i uh didn't need details

DAENERYS: just you know, completely fuckin' wrecked,

JOHNNY: err

DAENERYS: like it's ground beef everywhere down there, if you get my drift

JOHNNY: please

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 22, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Daenerys gonna make Jorah stand guard outside her door while she has BOATSEX with Jon

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

grack posted:

Daenerys gonna make Jorah stand guard outside her door while she has BOATSEX with Jon

Lmao

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Bran becoming the Night King kind of fucks with that whole thing of "Will I walk again?"

"No, but you will fly."

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I hope NK flies sub orbital over KL with a bag of rocks throwing them at the castle like panzer rounds.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

WampaLord posted:

Bran becoming the Night King kind of fucks with that whole thing of "Will I walk again?"

"No, but you will fly."

Bran being able to walk around like a normal person in his visions kind of hosed with that already.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

WampaLord posted:

"No, but you will fly."

hes been flying around as ravens for a while

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bran being able to walk around like a normal person in his visions kind of hosed with that already.

But that's a vision. Dany found Khal Drogo again in a vision. Visions are dreams, normal rules don't apply.

Constant posted:

hes been flying around as ravens for a while

Right, that's my point. He will fly and is flying, but he'll never walk again under his own power.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Guys LMAO if you think any spoiler involving Edmure is credible.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

PupsOfWar posted:

it bugs me because many shots of Drogon have sorta lingered on his big sharp nasty back-spines

so whenever dany is up there, I have to wonder about whether those spikes are you know, loving her up

Doesn't that happen in the book? Her thighs getting all cut up and burnt from riding off on Drogon?

Wyatt Derp
Jul 9, 2014

Blue Lives matter
If she regularly does kegles and pilates then it is completely feasible that she is able to hold on to a saddle-less dragon approaching the speed of sound at airliner cruising altitudes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

Guys LMAO if you think any spoiler involving Edmure is credible.

First rule of fiction is if you don't see a body, they're not dead.

It's an extremely easy retcon to go "He was wounded and mistaken for dead but survived"

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
did y'all see the leak where jon trips in the bath and dies and then people throw poo poo at him

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Personally im insanely jazzed that people are seriously debating the veracity of a putative leak in which one of the leads dies ignominiously and her body gets strung up and people throw poop at her corpse

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Gendry ending up with Sansa instead of Arya is all I needed to know to dismiss those spoilers as fake.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gendry is gonna MGTOW and marry his hammer.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

JBP posted:

Yeah but wouldn't doing 2500kph pull your face off?

Everyone actually died a long time ago and we're just seeing a series of performances by faceless men.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Nuebot posted:

Everyone actually died a long time ago and we're just seeing a series of performances by faceless men.

https://oglaf.com/kingshaped/

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

skasion posted:

Personally im insanely jazzed that people are seriously debating the veracity of a putative leak in which one of the leads dies ignominiously and her body gets strung up and people throw poop at her corpse

and the other lead dies ignominiously in an explosion

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Shneak posted:

Holy poo poo, if this really was how the series ended I would crack up. Entirely pointless. :lol:

It's a popular fan theory because of the Night King in the books being named Bran I guess, but it doesn't make sense in the show.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Jeb! Repetition posted:

It's a popular fan theory because of the Night King in the books being named Bran I guess, but it doesn't make sense in the show.

Aren't like half the historical starks named Brandon?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Yeah, it's basically the equivalent of Henry in England.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Why would there ever need to be another Night King?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Abner Assington posted:

There must always be a lich night king.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Nuebot posted:

There must always be a lich night king.

If we go by that, Sandor Clegane has the job locked up, he's the most burnt person in the cast.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Abner Assington posted:

I'm thinking...

The Children created White Walkers.

The White Walkers revolted.

The Children created a Commander.

The White Walkers infected the Commander with their revolutionary zeal.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

WampaLord posted:

First rule of fiction is if you don't see a body, they're not dead.

It's an extremely easy retcon to go "He was wounded and mistaken for dead but survived"

they'd have to remember he exists before they can remember he's alive

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Nuebot posted:

theyre all the same guy, all time-traveling Bran
including Ned's brother

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Lol @ you if you think there is even anything written down about s8 to leak. It's still half formed mish mosh in their heads at this point. some nerd just made his fanfic predictions and posted them as spoilers

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

drunken officeparty posted:

Lol @ you if you think there is even anything written down about s8 to leak. It's still half formed mish mosh in their heads at this point. some nerd just made his fanfic predictions and posted them as spoilers

Other than the fact the members of the production team have confirmed that the scripts have been written and that filming starts in a month and a half you have a point.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Other than the fact the members of the production team have confirmed that the scripts have been written and that filming starts in a month and a half you have a point.

What about how they're going to scrap all of the scripts and start over after hearing all of the internet criticism?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

This episode's Preston video is maybe the first time I thought he was being completely reasonable. He only digs into poo poo where the episode contradicted the show itself, instead of differences from the book. And they're all loving idiotic things and it is 100% what I thought of the episode, give or take.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

skasion posted:

Are you serious? We got not-LenaHeady walking naked through King's Landing and being bombarded with poo poo only one or two seasons ago. Also, burned a small cute kid alive, hanged another ugly kid and saw some flayed minor characters hanging around in Winterfell from the walls.

We already went through the same denial phase with last year's spoilers. Come on, it's all absolutely real and it's all gonna be horrible. These spoilers are a very particular brand of dumb that you only find on this show, it's hard to fake. It's like a fingerprint. You KNOW this is real, deep in your heart.

esperterra posted:

This episode's Preston video is maybe the first time I thought he was being completely reasonable. He only digs into poo poo where the episode contradicted the show itself, instead of differences from the book. And they're all loving idiotic things and it is 100% what I thought of the episode, give or take.

Lol yeah, the part about them blatantly contradicting the opening of the very first episode is so hilarious to me. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

WampaLord posted:

"No, but you will fly."

They are already retconning everything and everyone, contradict themselves and the earlier dialog all the time. Nobody gives a poo poo about anything anymore.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
I think the leaks are probably about right. Unless you're going with an interesting 'Tyrions democracy idea happens, Jon and Bran make peace with the Others' ending it's impossible to square away the themes of the story with any ending. A load of commoners hurling poo poo at Danys jesus corpse leaves a bad taste in the mouth but whatevs.

Honestly Gendry not dying in the great wight hunt makes me inclined to believe them, there's no reason he should have survived that unless there's a plan for the character.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If they killed Gendry on his first trip it would have been the biggest eyeroll.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
The only thing that makes me *eyeroll* about those leaks is the 2 or 3 set pieces where everyone dies.

I could excuse the explosion in bealors sept because i took it as D&D clearing the boards as quickly as possible and trying to trim the budget for the more expensive last two seasons, but to do it again especially the *WHOOPSIE.......BANG* that takes out jon and jamie i think is a pretty poor example of wrapping up a story.

If they are true ( and i kinda think/hope that they arent) then it will prove 2 things, one wrapping up the ever expanding story is tougher than you think and maybe thats why GRRM hasnt finished yet, because its impossible to do so convincingly and secondly, D&D really started to show their colours when they had less and less of GRRMS source material to go off

it would be hacky in the extreme for ALL of the major characters bar a few to get culled just because people have this perception thats what GRRM does when in fact its kinda the opposite, he never really killed people just because he could, he continually showed that characters werent safe because of their respective positions in the story.

Either way my only hope is that at the end we finally get a resolution to Ed Sheerans characters arc, maybe he could be the one who takes out Euron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

hitchensgoespop posted:

The only thing that makes me *eyeroll* about those leaks is the 2 or 3 set pieces where everyone dies.
For me it's that half of it is so like, specifically fan pandery like Bronn marrying tittysnake and getting out. But then the other half just goes in the opposite direction like Gendry shacking up with Sansa and loving off to rule the Vale because? If it went totally in either direction I probably would have been more inclined to believe it. Also the other two dragons dying like chumps is really dumb.

• Locked thread