Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Yinlock posted:

it was more to spite the neoliberal prime minister combined with the same "lol nobody will actually vote for brexit" poo poo that gave you trump

And a disturbing amount of people apparently really don't like Poles and Romanians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/899705551738855426

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh, that pesky market!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

That's Homechoice, it's a crumby system but standard practice (in many boroughs). Welcome to social housing.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Brexit is a good idea because anyone willing to tie themselves to the mast of Macron and German Neoliberalism is an outright lunatic.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

Brexit is a good idea because anyone willing to tie themselves to the mast of Macron and German Neoliberalism is an outright lunatic.
You're right, being tied to Tess May and a conservative government who partly wants Brexit to be a return to a pastoral 19th century Britain while a different part of the government wants it to be no-tax international trade land sounds like a great deal

jBrereton has issued a correction as of 10:39 on Aug 22, 2017

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

the eu is terrible, but brexit is somehow worse.

kudos on managing that, really.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

*looking down from the flaming hellpits of europe*

wow, glad im not british right now. poor souls.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

glad im not british ever, btw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
aren';t you belgian lol

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

yes, which makes my post all the more insulting

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

britain isn't on the euro so we can already tell merkel and the man from jupiter to gently caress off

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
The only thing better than being told by a liberal that wanting out of the eu poo poo show is bad is for a foreign liberal who's country only exists to siphon eu funds tells you it's bad

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm always baffled when my Scottish mates tell me how they want Scotland to become independent after Brexit so they can rejoin the EU

Like, who looks at the way the EU treats its small, poorer periphery states and thinks "yep, that's a relationship I want a part of!"

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

MikeCrotch posted:

I'm always baffled when my Scottish mates tell me how they want Scotland to become independent after Brexit so they can rejoin the EU

Like, who looks at the way the EU treats its small, poorer periphery states and thinks "yep, that's a relationship I want a part of!"

That pernicious rascal Corbyn seems to have taken the wind out of the indys sails honestly, without 'it's this or tories/tory-lite forever' to rally around the arguments are getting dumber dumber.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Vitamin P posted:

That pernicious rascal Corbyn seems to have taken the wind out of the indys sails honestly, without 'it's this or tories/tory-lite forever' to rally around the arguments are getting dumber dumber.

Indy killed itself when SNP decided that instead of honouring the will of the people they would keep having referendums until they got the result they wanted

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/900082783099527168

:thunk:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

ben body slam jacobs

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20170410-the-real-reason-theresa-may-went-to-saudi-arabia/

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

ctrl-f: 'saudi', 'pinochet', 'apartheid'

phrase not found

:thunk:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

fuckin libs don't realize that when we do it it's extremely good and when they do it it's incredibly bad. smdh

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

when you're trying to present someone as a dangerous threat to liberal democracy it helps to do the bare minimum of homework about liberal democracies

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47fqjA8CwGE

lmao

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
taking the word of a train company over the passengers on anything is peak dumb

but im sure there was no actual lying just honest mistakes all round

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

My favorite part is the Obama best friend Richard Branson tweet attacking Corbryn

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

i'm a traingate truther

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Fallen Hamprince posted:

i'm a traingate truther

Next they will release the cctv proving building 7 was a false flag

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Frijolero posted:

Brexit is good you idiots.

The EU is undemocratic and run by neoliberal ghouls. The European Central Bank is practically a Goldman Sachs annex.

While that's 100% true, the UK wasn't in the Euro so they got to enjoy all the EU's benefits with none of its drawbacks.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

lol I missed this bit

https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/900368768634892288

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Robert Mugabe is good now.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

The train was indeed, choka

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/UK_LDC/status/900119686981046272

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

This is a little bit apples to oranges since London is bigger than any of those other cities, but even if it's say, Birmingham to Leeds, the price is still three times the average.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Jeb! Repetition posted:

This is a little bit apples to oranges since London is bigger than any of those other cities, but even if it's say, Birmingham to Leeds, the price is still three times the average.
why does city size matter?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

R. Mute posted:

why does city size matter?

Stations in big cities charge higher fares.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

The train was indeed, choka

it's extremely good to uncritically repeat the claims of billionaires with a direct financial interest in undermining a politician, imo

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Stations in big cities charge higher fares.
lol nice. not here in belgium tho which i guess is another advantage nationalised railways have on private train thunderdomes like they have in britain.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

iirc this was the going opinion in the trailing days of lf

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB1YfPTKVLI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Arguing railway nationalisation with olds and libs is v annoying because they go "well it doesn't help and nobody wants it" despite things clearly getting worse after privatisation and everyone wanting cheaper trains.

Almost like they're detached or dishonest and will be assigned to the jam plantations