Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

People who don't use rest mode is crazy
My TV is hooked up to some crazy ENERGY SAVING power strip that the power company gave us and will turn itself off when it detects the TV, or whatever else is plugged in that slot, is switched off. The modem and router are plugged into the always-on plugs so the PS4 gets the shaft and has to be powered down after use. It sucks and just typing this out makes me want to go get a normal power strip again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Hopper posted:

So is Andromeda going to price drop below 20 now then?

Hell, if you download it you'll get $5 added to your PSN balance.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Steve Jorbs posted:

My TV is hooked up to some crazy ENERGY SAVING power strip that the power company gave us and will turn itself off when it detects the TV, or whatever else is plugged in that slot, is switched off. The modem and router are plugged into the always-on plugs so the PS4 gets the shaft and has to be powered down after use. It sucks and just typing this out makes me want to go get a normal power strip again.

Master/Slave power strips are great for computers, probably less so for consoles.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

drat, the English audio in Persona 5 is really badly mixed and recorded. The music and sound effects sound great, the dialogue sounds like it was compressed to hell and back. Any reason for this? Is the Japanese audio better??

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hopper posted:

So is Andromeda going to price drop below 20 now then?

Going to?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Goodwill, my rear end.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Absolver looks interesting. Definitely something I'd wait for reviews on but I've got my eye on it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah wow, I guess words are hard for them.

That seems like the type of phrasing born out of many an exasperated tech support call.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Not really many left

I was almost faithful to the end but like most goons, only until after....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

Never forget. Let's be fair the 360 won the last gen war by far imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC8FbgGnd0

Like holy poo poo lmao

its entirely possible that my cross section of friends are just incredibly huge dipshits but you would be surprised by how many people i know who are really crossing their fingers for a return of the xbox as the dominant console. i wouldnt mind if the xbox came back but only if its because they're doing poo poo right, and not out of any desire to see microsoft "winning." although they were kind of turds when xbox was on top, i dont think any dumb rear end thing ms/sony/nintendo has done has annoyed me more than me giving microsoft money for the privilege of having mcdonalds ads with sound or ads for the loving grudge with video and sound autoplay on the dashboard.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Everyone I know, from people who are really into games to super casual, once in a blue moon gamers jumped ship from Xbox to PlayStation this gen. It's pretty crazy how bad ms hosed up. I really think they just burnt out any good will people had for them over the last gen, and then the botched reveal of the xbox one just pushed everyone over the edge.

I'm not sure how the Xboxonexbox is going to do. It seems like most of the people it would appeal to are on PC at this point, but then again I might be underestimating the amount of fans that will be sold on some better specs. I honestly hope it does allright because competition is good for customers. But I just don't see them coming out ahead this gen. Then again this is about where PS3 started catching up to 360 last gen so you never know.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i just hate that in the gaming industry competition almost invariably ends up actually being that whoever is in the lead fucks up really badly. it would be nice if it was just because several good options were available.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Never forget. Let's be fair the 360 won the last gen war by far imo

PS3 sold more consoles than Xbox 360.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

PS3 sold more consoles than Xbox 360.

And, in sales at least, the Wii destroyed them both

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How many Wii games were sold vs. "grandpa bought a Wii and thinks Wii Sports is the only thing it does" though?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

veni veni veni posted:

How many Wii games were sold vs. "grandpa bought a Wii and thinks Wii Sports is the only thing it does" though?

It's like I'm back in 2007. Hello old friend.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

veni veni veni posted:

How many Wii games were sold

Lots

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
You do also have to ask how many 360 sales were replacements due to rrod

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

You do also have to ask how many 360 sales were replacements due to rrod

9/10

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Honest question. I don't know.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
For Xbox to come back at this point they'd have to have super compelling exclusives. So far they haven't shown anything.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Honest question. I don't know.
Wii actually had a super high attach rate, like higher than the 360 and PS3 iirc. Wii software was a gravy train for a long time

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Wii actually had a super high attach rate, like higher than the 360 and PS3 iirc. Wii software was a gravy train for a long time

360 and PS3 both sold more software than wii, but not by much. Given that wii sold 20mil more consoles than either, that would suggest that the attach rate was marginally lower for wii than the other two.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 22, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Well looks like if you like to order games from amazon for the prime discount and you are in Canada, its now too late. Looks like the 20% discount just got lowered to 10% :(

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Fortunately that RED DRAPE tease is only for Europe, I'd be pissed if they would refresh hardware 1 year after the last refresh.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lost legacy is pretty good. Chloe is fun but nadine is kinda boring af

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 22, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Evil Canadian posted:

Well looks like if you like to order games from amazon for the prime discount and you are in Canada, its now too late. Looks like the 20% discount just got lowered to 10% :(

It'll be 0% as soon as they eliminate all competition.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Welp just hosed my save up in uncharted lost legacy. Landed in a checkpoint area that i cant escape from. Game over. Gj naughty dog was going to say good things about you until just now

Can't you just restart the chapter like every other UC game in existence?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Can't you just restart the chapter like every other UC game in existence?

I fig'd it out thanks

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Evil Canadian posted:

not every game has a prime discount in the US right now either which is kinda troubling. cod ww2 doesnt have it at all

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

homeless snail posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_video_games

Aren't all of these either pack ins or peripherals until you get to Smash Brothers?

Meanwhile holy poo poo I had no idea how well GTA5 sold, even the dogshit 360 version

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

lmao at resident evil 4 getting massively outsold by links crossbow training

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ElwoodCuse posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_video_games

Aren't all of these either pack ins or peripherals until you get to Smash Brothers?

Meanwhile holy poo poo I had no idea how well GTA5 sold, even the dogshit 360 version

The attach rate was something like 7 titles per console on average, which is pretty drat high.

Also, Ausgoons, Big W has Uncharted Lost Legacy for all of $42AUD tomorrow.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The sales on GTA5 are insane. It explains why it is still expensive and never got a huge discount on PC or consoles (by huge I mean 66-75%) considering that it is a 2013 (last gen) and 2014 (current) game.

At this point I'll just get a 2nd hand copy off ebay or something since I'm not a huge fan of GTA games and I never paid more than 15€ for one of them.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I actually sold my Xbox 360 when I turned it on and saw the dashboard filled with ads despite me paying them money for a gold account. I'm very anti-adverts (I think they probably have a detrimental effect on the mind with the sheer volume people are bombarded with daily) and it really made me wonder what on earth that £40 a year was even for.

I've not owned a Microsoft console since then. Honestly, I'd like if they left the market altogether. The people who made the good xbox are no longer at the company and those now in charge of it don't want to actually make consoles/games for us to have fun with, they're more interested in pushing something else.

Xbox could definitely survive and turn it around (and I would like to see that), but only if it was owned by a completely different company. Microsoft ruin everything.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Yeah, GTA V manages to somehow remain on every monthly PS4 best seller list, despite it being 3 years old at this point. It's wild.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Instant Grat posted:

Yeah, GTA V manages to somehow remain on every monthly PS4 best seller list, despite it being 3 years old at this point. It's wild.

GTA Online keeps adding new content and likely makes an obscene amount of income for Rockstar off microtransactions for in-game cash.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Here's the GT PS4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

I actually sold my Xbox 360 when I turned it on and saw the dashboard filled with ads despite me paying them money for a gold account. I'm very anti-adverts (I think they probably have a detrimental effect on the mind with the sheer volume people are bombarded with daily) and it really made me wonder what on earth that £40 a year was even for.

I've not owned a Microsoft console since then. Honestly, I'd like if they left the market altogether. The people who made the good xbox are no longer at the company and those now in charge of it don't want to actually make consoles/games for us to have fun with, they're more interested in pushing something else.

Xbox could definitely survive and turn it around (and I would like to see that), but only if it was owned by a completely different company. Microsoft ruin everything.

Videogames avoiding the xbox one? Just like irl

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Rinkles posted:

Here's the GT PS4

Of course it's another Slim. I figured at least with GT they'd spring for the Pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Morby posted:

For Xbox to come back at this point they'd have to have super compelling exclusives. So far they haven't shown anything.

Is pubg a console exclusive or is it timed?