Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the American bloodlust must be satiated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

Free speech is the favorite tool of the fascist

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Isn't that this lady?

lmfao

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

when the president talks about killing brown people some more

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://medium.com/@ShaunKing/soul-snatchers-how-the-nypds-42nd-precinct-the-bronx-da-s-office-and-the-city-of-new-york-7454a5a43924

jfc

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

e: wrong thread

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

oh man i found final fantasy chronicles and anthology and sotn over the weekend now i just gotta get **ANOTHER*** playstation :smith:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

oh man i found final fantasy chronicles and anthology and sotn over the weekend now i just gotta get **ANOTHER*** playstation :smith:
Don't, they loving suck. They're insanely bad ports.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pepsico...welcome to #theResistance

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the gameboy advance version is the best version of final fantasy 4 dont @ me

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Don't, they loving suck. They're insanely bad ports.

:colbert:

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
holy lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

the gameboy advance version is the best version of final fantasy 4 dont @ me

I liked the GBA port of FF1 because they fixed the magic system so it was actually playable

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

greatest japanese game never translated to english: DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS CARAVAN HEART

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, I missed that. Yeah, sotn is good. But Chronicles and Anthology were cheap cash-ins.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
god drat, america

quote:

Stop and frisk has been banned, but police in the 42nd precinct are actually doing something far worse. They are setting quotas and goals for the number of people each officer must arrest. If you don’t meet or exceed the quotas, you feel the wrath of your supervisors. Instead of rejecting the quotas, some officers are embracing them and rounding up people, particularly teenage children, for crimes they know good and well they didn’t commit — locking them away sometimes for days, weeks, months, or even years at a time — then simply dismissing the charges.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Black Mages were the worst part of OG FF1 because they had basically no spell slots meaning they were dead weight in 99% of fights if you wanted them to be useful at all for boss fights

White Mages weren't any better because they had so little healing ability you could barely get through a dungeon with any heals left unless you spent like ten minutes buying potions one at a time with the lovely-rear end shop UI

By the time the GBA port rolled around, the concept of MP had been invented, so they were like "wait actually we don't have to use a really bad adaptation of D&D first edition for the magic system this time around"

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

america is already great lol

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

loquacius posted:

I liked the GBA port of FF1 because they fixed the magic system so it was actually playable
it was playable on the nes dumbass

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh, I missed that. Yeah, sotn is good. But Chronicles and Anthology were cheap cash-ins.

yeah but they might play better than the carts, i think the battery died in my final fantasy ii

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

That Shaun King article is extremely long and really depressing and I didn't even know kids could be sent to Rikers at all so in conclusion I'm gonna keep talking about Final Fantasy

Calling it #finalfantasying, it's a powerful statement against hate and a new grassroots movement

Remember, Square-Enix is POC-owned

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

it was playable on the nes dumbass

in a very loose sense of the term, yes

I probably could have actually beaten NES FF1 if I just ignored magic and did an all-Fighter party but nooooo I thought wizards were "cool"

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

zuck!!!

Mark Zuckerberg Hates Black People

quote:

Prominent activist and co-founder of Safety Pin Box, Leslie Mac, was recently banned for posting, “silence is violence,” in reference to white Americans not speaking out against racism. Human rights advocate and psychologist, Dr. Mary Merrill, received her third Facebook ban for a thought-provoking post that apparently violated standards for her use of the phrase, “Dear White People.” Nynah Marie, co-founder of Brown Girls Out Loud, was ironically banned for a status criticizing Facebook’s racist banning practices. Community organizer, Sherronda Brown, was banned twice for uploading screenshots of racist and sexist harassment she’d received via Facebook comments and private messages. Although the original messages to Brown were reported without consequence, she was still banned for posting proof of the abuse. That’s like being charged with sexual harassment for posting photos of Casey Affleck. Not cool, Zuck.

Even Shaun King — who was once a guest speaker at Facebook Headquarters — had his account banned for posting a racist email he’d received from a white supremacist. Calling out racism seems to be the common thread between Black Facebook users who repeatedly experience censorship. Just as in real life, when a person of color (or Shaun King) calls out racism they’re promptly silenced and accused of being racist themselves. And this censorship doesn’t just impact activists. Any posts deemed in violation are removed from the pages of EVERYONE who shared them — essentially silencing thousands of Black voices (much to the delight of Mark Zuckerberg, who definitely hates Black people).

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Main Paineframe posted:

did you forget when we were shipping cargo planes full of pallets of cash over there, and then quietly looking the other way when the cash went "missing", often in the form of bribes?

we can't "fix" Afghanistan, and even if we could, that's not really what we're there to do

that was Iraq

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm playing my first final fantasy, Final Fantasy X, which is way more seapunk than I expected

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

I'm playing my first final fantasy, Final Fantasy X, which is way more seapunk than I expected

Hot take: FFX is good

about half of the poo poo you have to do to get ultimate weapons is extremely bad but also optional unless you want to do postgame stuff

Serf
May 5, 2011

FFX is good but IX remains the height of the series

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
ffx was just walking in a straight line from one end of the world to the other

i mean yeah most games are but at least make an effort to pretend

i think 8 was pretty good although lol @ child soldiers being a thing like it ain't no big deal

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Serf posted:

very true

also the Bravely Default/Second games are the best Final Fantasy games without "final fantasy" in their names

Serf
May 5, 2011

Sapozhnik posted:

ffx was just walking in a straight line from one end of the world to the other

i mean yeah most games are but at least make an effort to pretend

i think 8 was pretty good although lol @ child soldiers being a thing like it ain't no big deal

isn't like 90% of anime war stuff about child soldiers tho

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Serf posted:

isn't like 90% of anime war stuff about child soldiers tho

yeah and the other 10% is about how god/the church are actually evil and the heroes spend a few seasons power levelling until they're strong enough to punch god in the dick

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SMB 1 was also about walking in a straight line from one end of the world to the other

clearly a bad game

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

loquacius posted:

in a very loose sense of the term, yes

I probably could have actually beaten NES FF1 if I just ignored magic and did an all-Fighter party but nooooo I thought wizards were "cool"

it was like d&d surprised u didnt recognize

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Serf posted:

lol the high one is u

Serf
May 5, 2011

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

it was like d&d surprised u didnt recognize

d&d is a bad game so this tracks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

D&D-style spell-slot systems don't work at all in a game where you fight dozens of meaningless random encounters between every plot-important battle with no chance to rest in between

FF1 was coded before anyone had a chance to figure this out; luckily they didn't repeat the mistake for the GBA port

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/andsat/status/899762876662988800

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol this reminded me of the hillshills in dadchat getting pissed at Shaun for having the audacity to challenge Hillary's commitment to non-whites

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i'm the DNC staffer that says at the meeting "yeah it's lovely but it works!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They don't work very well in D&D either, the only good edition got rid of that poo poo

• Locked thread