Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
is there even a single tweet by that guy that isn't a gigantic foot-in-mouth pile of bullshit? like even a single one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Streak posted:

is there even a single tweet by that guy that isn't a gigantic foot-in-mouth pile of bullshit? like even a single one.

https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain/status/898992981520384000

https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain/status/898935123797696514

anybody who enjoys my pizza can't be racist

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/899314235808808962

if Marx was alive today he'd tell us to expand bourgeois freedom

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 12:46 on Aug 22, 2017

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

if Marx was alive today he'd tell us to expand bourgeois freedom
god drat am i sick to death of hearing liberal science-types preach ignorantly about socio-economic issues

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Kromlech posted:

god drat am i sick to death of hearing liberal science-types preach ignorantly about socio-economic issues

The imperative of our time is to unlock the human genome for Peter Thiel.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion...1838%23lastpost

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
"caustic agent" technically so pepper spray

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

quote:

This has been quite a chain of events for poor Chris Cantwell.

lmao

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

poor Chris Cantwell just wanted his own white ethnostate

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

The explosives charges sound more interesting.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

pepper bomb

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

is what happens to my butt the day after i eat very spicy thai curry

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

business hammocks posted:

The explosives charges sound more interesting.
i think that might be a misreading of the charges by the site, which is a bit clickbaity

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

i think that might be a misreading of the charges by the site, which is a bit clickbaity

Two felony charges related to use of an explosive device and two charges related to use of a caustic agent. You think it was all pepper spray, like he had some kind of smoke bomb with pepper spray inside?

Also boo on no concealed weapons charges after he pulls a gun off each limb right on camera in the Vice report.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
eh weird the boston globe is reporting differently. two felonies, use of caustic agent and injury caused by "caustic agent or explosive." i'm gonna wait for another source on the arrest.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
probably preparing an acid attack. You can buy a 1L bottle of hydrochloric acid from any hardware store for about 8 bucks.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

failing boston globe can't describe charges against neo-nazi clearly. sad!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Slugnoid posted:

probably preparing an acid attack. You can buy a 1L bottle of hydrochloric acid from any hardware store for about 8 bucks.

reproting u to FBI

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
uh oh, lowtax's gonna get the secret service knocking on his door again.. :smith:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

capsacin isnt caustic though.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Calibanibal posted:

pepper bomb

PEPPER BREATH!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Darkman Fanpage posted:

capsacin isnt caustic though.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Pepper_Spray.shtm

virginia pigs is dumb, go figure

virginia state police consider pepper pray to fall under "18.2-52. Malicious bodily injury by means of any caustic substance or agent or use of any explosive or fire."

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

If Marx were alive today he'd be living in Harry Cleaver's basement spending all his time tirelessly defending himself on twitter for his myopic focus on economics.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
There's going to be a poo poo show protest today in Phoenix.

I honestly dont know why. The MAGA CHUDS need to distance themselves from the Spencer-types, but instead seem to be looking directly into the sun.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

eh weird the boston globe is reporting differently. two felonies, use of caustic agent and injury caused by "caustic agent or explosive." i'm gonna wait for another source on the arrest.

dranio bomb?

aluminum + HCl in a 2L bottle -> a poo poo load of hydrogen gas that causes a pressure explosion and spews acid everywhere

technically draino bombs use NaOH but same concept.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Montasque posted:

The MAGA CHUDS need to distance themselves from the Spencer-types, but instead seem to be looking directly into the sun.

But my copy of Rules for Reactionaries says "always, always double down on bigotry."

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

There's going to be a poo poo show protest today in Phoenix.

I honestly dont know why. The MAGA CHUDS need to distance themselves from the Spencer-types, but instead seem to be looking directly into the sun.

they learned it from daddy trump

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So I think this is interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWvtMOGAhw

I expect the frog Nazi brigade to try and exploit this: Why can't we have the White Knight then, huh??? Well, different cultural context and racial supremacy ain't the message here -- and in any case, you've got Thor if you want a superhero based on Norse mythology, for crying out loud.

Anyways, I hesitate to call this movie "fascist" but I think superheroes generally are at least somewhat fascistic, and I think the great wave of superhero movies lately has reflected a latent desire in people for charismatic, authoritarian leadership. Might makes right. The fictional nation of Wakanda of which T'Challa (the Black Panther) is its leader is also interesting for its palingenetic nationalism. Wakanda is hyper-modern and futurist and utopian, while at the same time it contains the essence of an ancient African civilization uncorrupted by the outside world.

Well the trailer looks dazzling and, looking at Twitter, has already had an empowering emotional effect on people. Still, I'm uneasy with this whole superhero business, though I can't begrudge audiences for showing up in droves to this next year given the indignities Hollywood piles onto black people on the regular:

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/898012654496645120
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/898041024802697217

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Black Panther will about as progressive as Ben Carson

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Well I don't think Louis Farrakhan is playing T'Challa's version of Obi-Wan Kenobi but I see all this as part of a big cultural-political trend that's been underway for several years, and it wouldn't surprise me if there is some rallying around black nationalism given the threat from Trump and the white nationalists. I know Farrakhan was trying to use Trump's election as a recruitment tool for the NoI, though the NoI demands a lot from its followers.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

surprised by the Storm cameo, looking forward to avengers 6 featuring all 500 x-men

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Coming to America remake looks tight.

Black Panther was already in one Captain America movie where he was basically Batman if Batman was also dictator-for-life of a country. Then at the end he taught Iron Man that revenge was bad and flew away.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
super hero movies are garbage. don't @ me

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Marvel movies are certainly by-committee drivel, although the one other time they tapped a director with an actual eye and vision rather than a bland yes-man they got the closest thing to a real movie they've done so far. Black Panther's being done by the Fruitvale Station guy, so if he has an idea and they let him do it maybe the movie will actually say something.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

super hero movies are garbage. don't @ me
Basically I want to ban them along with anime.

Edit: oops sorry

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Fruitvale station was good as hell

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Black Panther was already in one Captain America movie where he was basically Batman if Batman was also dictator-for-life of a country. Then at the end he taught Iron Man that revenge was bad and flew away.

they never really explained why he could outrun a car if he was just a dude in a batsuit

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

zegermans posted:

they never really explained why he could outrun a car if he was just a dude in a batsuit

It's a batsuit made of magical mithril

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

What? The idea of remaking every movie is bad, but that literally turned my stomach.

*fake edit* I looked it up, it appears to be a sequel with Eddie Murphy and not an actual remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

They really do weep a lot.