Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Are you blackout drunk now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
If you buy like you post, expect to spend $800 :v:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MoaM posted:

None of this "Classic", limited-quantity business will ever make any sense; sorry guys.

Nintendo, a traditional and conservative company would rather make X and sell X than make Y and sell <Y

It's really that simple.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
At least the N64 classic won't be hard to get. Cuz the games suck. There are...what? 4 good games? "good"

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Aren't wal mart and target also going to do pre-orders? Still another chance coming up then

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

At least the N64 classic won't be hard to get. Cuz the games suck. There are...what? 4 good games? "good"

Ogre Battle 64 or bust

And perfect dark too with four players and all

If either of them are missing then hell no I'm not getting one and I'm pretty sure perfect dark won't end up on a not-microsoft system but I could be wrong

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Kevyn posted:

Old news, but I just noticed Pilotwings isn't on this. What the hell?

for me its more like no chrono trigger. CMON

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

BonoMan posted:

That's because the product page for Amazon (that Now In Stock was using) was *not* the actual product page they went up for sale on. So Now In Stock had no idea.

They've since corrected it.

Also because those things don't actually work, I've never had Amazon send me a notification for anything after clicking to be notified on any item.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Morby posted:

I just hope it won't be cancelled or won't be permitted to be shipped to the States at this point.

To avoid that possibility I'm having it shipped in the EU first so if you're willing to pay an extra bit more to have someone ship it to you that will still be vastly cheaper than scalpers.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Changing my answer to 3 good games. Well 2 and Conker which is goodish. Man the N64 aged poorly. 2 are the Zeldas, obviously. SM64 is poo poo and you were stupid when you were 8.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

SD87 posted:

Aren't wal mart and target also going to do pre-orders? Still another chance coming up then

Walmart, target, toysarus and possibly gamestop.

And Amazon might be back too.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Phantasium posted:

Also because those things don't actually work, I've never had Amazon send me a notification for anything after clicking to be notified on any item.

We're talking about Now In Stock which is what you should be using (and works well... it was just pointed at the wrong product page)... the *actual* Amazon notification, like you said, has never ever actually worked.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Alright, you're all welcome, because I'm about to go celebrate my mother's birthday with her and as such you're probably going to get every other store to start preorders and sell out within the next 3 hours. :v:

(please god let this one only post once)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ooooooooof course I overslept and missed it. God damnit.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I'm thinking 12 noon, Target goes up

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

SM64 is poo poo and you were stupid when you were 8.

gently caress you

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waltzing Along posted:

There are easily enough games to fill an N64 Mini. Even without the Rare titles.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Changing my answer to 3 good games. Well 2 and Conker which is goodish. Man the N64 aged poorly. 2 are the Zeldas, obviously. SM64 is poo poo and you were stupid when you were 8.

mario 64
zelda OOT
majoras mask
mario kart 64
mischeif makers
banjo kazooie
banjo tooie
mario tennis
ogre battle
star fox 64
paper mario
pokemon loving SNAP
blast corps
f zero x
bomberman 64 (and hero, and 2)
doom 64
SNOWBOARD KIDS

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The REAL Goobusters posted:

mario 64 BAD
zelda OOT good but on every other system already
majoras mask good but on every other system already
mario kart 64 okay but not good
mischeif makers doesn't hold up
banjo kazooie on xbone
banjo tooie xbone
mario tennis doesn't hold up
ogre battle maybe
star fox 64 bad
paper mario hmm....okay, i'll give you this
pokemon loving SNAP LOL
blast corps xbone
f zero x okay
bomberman 64 (and hero, and 2) bomberbad
doom 64 seriously?
SNOWBOARD KIDS doesn't hold up

N64 games, for the most part, look and play like poo poo now.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

dumbass alert

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

you are a retard , my friend

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
loving hell. Why does Amazon, etc. include a way to sign up for alerts if they don't actually loving send them out?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
n64 classic? i'm gonna get one, it will sit next to my pre-ordered for months snes classic and they both will sit next to this 500 quid nes classic im 2 seconds away from buying.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nail Rat posted:

loving hell. Why does Amazon, etc. include a way to sign up for alerts if they don't actually loving send them out?

They do send them out. But they are useless for items that sell out quickly because they don't go out immediately. If, for instance, you ask for an alert for a vacuum cleaner that is sold out, well sometime after they get them in again you will get the email. Unless it is Vacuum Cleaner X1000 which the preorders sell out in minutes and Merry Maids scalp them on craigslist to pay for more Pine Sol.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Nail Rat posted:

oh they send them out, like 3-5 days after poo poo is available.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I made a large post about this once.

Mario 64, kart, Party 2, Golf, Paper, Tennis
F-Zero X, Waverace, Pilotwings 64, 1080 snowboarding or snowboard kids
DK 64, Mischief Makers, Zelda oot and mm, Castlevania, Sin and Punishment, Star Fox 64, Yoshi Story, Ogre Battle, Smash Bros, Pokemon snap, Bomberman 64

That's an easy 22 games without licenses or from developers very friendly to Nintendo. There are more you could add, especially if Microsoft wanted to play ball for some easy license fees. Japan has even more you could easily add, like Animal Forest or Goemon. For an exclusive they could throw in some never published in America 64DD thing. Just a little top heavy on racing and sports games.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nail Rat posted:

I've noticed that I've never had an Amazon alert get sent out for an item preorder, only when the item is actually in stock.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

DK 64, Mischief Makers, Zelda oot and mm, Castlevania, Sin and Punishment, Star Fox 64, Yoshi Story, Ogre Battle, Smash Bros, Pokemon snap, Bomberman 64

That's an easy 22 games without licenses or from developers very friendly to Nintendo. There are more you could add, especially if Microsoft wanted to play ball for some easy license fees. Japan has even more you could easily add, like Animal Forest or Goemon. For an exclusive they could throw in some never published in America 64DD thing. Just a little top heavy on racing and sports games.

Needs Excitebike imo

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I will probably be easily persuaded into getting an N64 Classic, but I'd be hype af for a GC Classic. That was a great console.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
At this point, my only real concern about the SNES Classic is input lag.

The NES Classic has greater than zero input lag, but it's extremely small and you really, really have to look for it. I guess that's about as good as we can ask for for the SNES Classic coming up too. Then again, SNES games seem to be a bit harder to emulate.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 22, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It would be easy to put a ton of games on the N64 classic. My point is that they are bad games. You listed DK64 on there. C'mon.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

you are a retard , my friend

I think he has a point. I tried to play 4 player Goldeneye for the first time in years a few months ago. The nostalgia factor was "fun" but my god that framerate...

Off the top of my head, Mario 64, Zelda, Smash, Mario Kart, and Perfect Dark and the Zelda games are the only ones that have aged somewhat well. In the case of Mario Kart and Smash, there are better versions available on wii and gamecube.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
Ordered 1 from both Best Buy and Amazon last night. A sleepless night actually did something for once.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

An N64 classic is going to be lame anyways because they're going to put goldeneye on there rather than the real classic shooter of the N64 era, perfect dark

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

You are a bad person, in general.

The nerve it takes to claim that Mario 64 and MarioKart 64 are bad games is incredible.

GEORGE IS GETTING ANGRY

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Control Volume posted:

An N64 classic is going to be lame anyways because they're going to put goldeneye on there rather than the real classic shooter of the N64 era, perfect dark

Except they're not going to put either of them because GoldenEye will never see the light of day again and Perfect Dark is Microsoft's.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

That loving sucks!!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

s.i.r.e. posted:

Except they're not going to put either of them because GoldenEye will never see the light of day again and Perfect Dark is Microsoft's.

And it really sucks because Perfect Dark holds up well as a shooter (well, with that mouse aiming and 60fps hack haha) and the multiplayer is still my favorite of any console shooter. MeatSims are hilarious.

Most 64 games do not hold up well, but I'm sure having a non-broken rear end joystick and clearer picture would go a long way. Maybe they can be crazy and do something like include the Resident Evil 2 port? That was really good and had stuff in it that never made it to other systems

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

If a N64 Classic doesn't have Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon then Nintendo a scalper on the Internet is never going to see my money! :retrogames:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You same people who were 8 years old when the N64 came out will be bitching about the poo poo games list when it is announced in 6 months.

"I'm not getting it, I already have all the games on there that I'd want to play again anyway."

"WTF is this poo poo? Why is X, X, and X not on there?" (because they are rare games)

"I'm getting this! Hell yeah." (1 week after release is trying desperately to sell if for 1/2 price on SA Mart.)