Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeah. He's currently Dehaka, Abathur, and Rexxar, according to imdb.

drat I didn't pick up that he was Dehaka, Steve Blum owns. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeah. He's currently Dehaka, Abathur, and Rexxar, according to imdb.

I believe they gave Anub a different voice just to ensure there wasn't too much of Steve Blum talking to himself.

I don't really remember his W3 voice, though, did it sound like any of those three? Because if it did that's probably why.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Shadowlyger posted:

I believe they gave Anub a different voice just to ensure there wasn't too much of Steve Blum talking to himself.

I don't really remember his W3 voice, though, did it sound like any of those three? Because if it did that's probably why.

It doesn't sound really like anyone of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-6g_aUh18o

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
He actually did say "kinky" in WC3 as an acknowledgement line. I was sure I'd remembered it, but it seemed too strange to be real. In the spanish and german versions he apparently says some version of "perverted" instead.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

It doesn't sound really like anyone of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-6g_aUh18o

Ehhh, I think I actually like his HotS voice better.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Shadowlyger posted:

Ehhh, I think I actually like his HotS voice better.

Which confirms that his WC3 voice is objectively better.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I want to field an entire team that's Steve Blum and announced by Steve Blum.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Which confirms that his WC3 voice is objectively better.

Well, the W3 was recorded, what, two decades ago? I just think it seems like Basic Steve Blum Growly Voice and kinda flat at that, and the HotS one sounds more animated to me.

Have Steve Blum re-record Anub's lines and that'd probably change, though.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Bogart posted:

I want to field an entire team that's Steve Blum and announced by Steve Blum.

So Huttball, basically.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Pallytime had a theorycrafting stream for Kel'Thuzad already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sDzZOAS964

A few things:
  • Frost Armor is basically a talent at 4 (Armor of the Archlich), it deals a small amount of damage and slows on activation and also gives 50 Physical Armor.
  • Unfortunately, it currently competes with a talent that seems completely broken: Phylactery of Kel'Thuzad. After collecting 10 regen globes, your spell damage heals you for 10% of the damage done. Also, after completing the quest you can activate the ability to respawn immediately, resetting the quest.
  • Frost Blast isn't placed on the ground, it's a targeted ability with a large radius and has a meteor that flies at the target like Pyroblast.
  • Both level 20 upgrades to the heroics seem pretty strong, with Frost Blast's causing a slow after the root and making any heroes killed by Frost Blast trigger another Frost Blast explosion. Shadow Fissure's resets it's cooldown whenever you hit an enemy hero with it.
  • His other level 20 talents are a dash with a 240 second cooldown that does damage, but the cooldown resets whenever you get a takedown, and a talent that lets you place a shade that duplicates your Q casts for 15 seconds.

Overall, he seems to have a pretty diverse set of builds, letting you focus on your Q or a very bursty combo build with a bit of variety in complexity available through talents. How bursty? Pallytime did over 8000 damage in a very short time on the test map dummy at the end of his stream.

Edit: I should mention that audio's only in the left channel. He's currently doing another stream where he's trying builds out in actual gameplay where that's fixed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrfz2B9oW6o

Edit2: Morales and Chromie had/are getting reworks and Leroic is getting changes as well. Also:

:3:

Onean fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 22, 2017

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Very much doubt Phylactery will be broken in a game where buybacks don't exist. Might save the game if KT gets caught alone late game, which shouldn't happen in the first place, otherwise he'll only get like 1 impactful resurrection per game at most since his team can't come back with him. Still ok, but nothing gamebreaking.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Some guy on reddit typed up Kel'Thuzad's talents:

Level Talent Name Description

Level 1 Barbed Chains Increase Chains of Kel'Thuzad damage by 125%. After gaining 30 Blight, Chains of Kel'Thuzad reduces the armor of pulled Heroes by 15 for 4 seconds
Level 1 Blighted Frost Front Nova deals 50% more damage to enemies in the center. After gaining 30 Blight, increase Frost Nova's Root duration by 0.5 seconds.
Level 1 The Plaguelands Increase Death and Decay's Duration by 1 second. After gaining 30 Blight, increase the radius of Death and Decay's pool by 30%.

Level 4 Armor of the Archlich Activate to gain 50 Physical Armor for 4 seconds, upon activation, nearby enemies take 99(at 20) damage and are slowed 35% for 4 seconds, 25 second cooldown
Level 4 Phylactery of Kel'Thuzad Quest: Collect 10 Regeneration Globes to charge Kel'Thuzad's Phylactery. REWARD: Kel'Thuzad's Phylactery can be activated while dead to immediately respawn at the Hall of Storms, but must be charged again. PASSIVE: Kel'Thuzad heals for 10% of all Spell Damage dealt while the Phylactery is charged
Level 4 Strip Shields Pulling a Hero with Chains of Kel'Thuzad grants Kel'Thuzad a permanent 246(at 20) shield, stacking up to 2 times. Additionally, Chains of Kel'Thuzad deals up to 442(at 20) bonus damage to Shields.

Level 7 Glacial Spike Activate to create a spike that detonates after 4 seconds, dealing 360(at 20) damage to nearby enemies. The spike can be affected by Chains of Kel'Thuzad. 30 second cooldown
Level 7 Chilling Touch Every 8 seconds, Kel'Thuzad's basic attacks hit nearby enemies. Deals Spell damage instead of Physical, and slows by 30% for 2 seconds.
Level 7 Accelerated Decay Each time a hero is hit by Death and Decay's pool, they take 20% more periodic damage from Death and Decay for the next 4 seconds, stacking up to 6 times.

Level 10 Frost Blast Launch a meteor of ice at an enemy Hero. Upon impact, the meteor deals 168(at 21) damage to its target and 461(at 21) damage to enemies in the area. All enemies hit by Frost Blast are Rooted for 1.5 seconds. 100 second cooldown, 70 mana cost, radius can be seen here.
Level 10 Shadow Fissure Create a fissure anywhere on the Battleground that explodes after 1.5 seconds, dealing 738(at 21) damage to enemy Heroes in its area. 50 mana cost, 15 second cooldown.

Level 13 Chains of Ice After Chains of Kel'Thuzad stun expires, targets are slowed by 70% for 1.25 seconds
Level 13 Icy Grasp Increase Frost Nova slow duration by 1.5 seconds
Level 13 Chain-Link Pulling two Heroes with Chains of Kel'Thuzad reduces its cooldown by 4 seconds

Level 16 Arcane Echoes Hitting Heroes with Death and Decay reduces its cooldown by 1.25 seconds.
Level 16 Hungering Cold Enemies rooted by Frost Nova take an additional 103(at 22) damage each time they are damaged by Kel'Thuzad during the next 4 seconds.
Level 16 Power of Icecrown Stunning, Rooting or Slowing a hero grants 6% Spell Power for 10 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.

Level 20 The Damned Return Activate to create a Shade of Naxxramas that lasts 15 seconds, which mimics Kel'Thuzad's casts of Death and Decay. 15 second cooldown.
Level 20 Deathchill When Frost Blast's Root expires, enemies are Slowed by 40% for 3 seconds. Heroes killed while under the effects of Frost Blast instantly release another Frost Blast Explosion
Level 20 Might of the Scourge Hitting an enemy hero with Shadow Fissure resets the cooldown
Level 20 Shifting Malice Activate to Dash Forward, dealing 251(at 21) damage to enemies in the path.. Takedowns reset the Cooldown of Shifting Malice. 240 second cooldown

Death and Decay has 6 second cooldown, 20 mana cost.
Frost Nova has 10 second cooldown, 45 mana cost.
Chains of Kel'Thuzad has 12 second cooldown, 45 mana cost.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Shadowlyger posted:

"Minions, servants, soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'thuzad!"

That's his aggro quote in WoW, but the fact that they straight up called the patch Call of Kel'thuzad makes me hope we're getting some kind of Scourge themed map.

Stratholme: take down mass murder infected villagers to claim the objective :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMyVubA9Xw&t=132s

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Aug 22, 2017

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the video and everything is tomorrow, right? When's Karl Thuzad going on the PTR?

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
What's the general view of Lucio? It seems like he can really put out a lot of healing but that he is very fragile?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Just watched Steph's vod about the Chromie rework, couldn't be happier. :neckbeard: Gonna reward good Q usage even more now, with the combo bonus for consecutive hits.

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013
The Leoric rework looks insane. Baseline cleave+100% bonus damage every third basic attack (matching up his animations), March of the Black King buffed, his Entomb 20 talent silences heroes caught in it, and he has a talent called Kneel, Peasants! I cannot wait for this to go live (and inevitably be nerfed because of excessive whining).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

YolkaEd posted:

The Leoric rework looks insane. Baseline cleave+100% bonus damage every third basic attack (matching up his animations), March of the Black King buffed, his Entomb 20 talent silences heroes caught in it, and he has a talent called Kneel, Peasants! I cannot wait for this to go live (and inevitably be nerfed because of excessive whining).

Yeah, though Royal Focus getting shoved all the way to 16 sucks. :(

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Death and Decay is 6s?

Ahaha a fully juiced Q build will be so loving stupid on him, especially when he can heal based on damage.

Good job, Blizzard. :thumbsup:

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, though Royal Focus getting shoved all the way to 16 sucks. :(

Bit of a shame, if it didn't also get a massive CD reduction for Wraith Walk to compensate if you hit heroes with the boosted Q. He's all about dishing out pain now, and I love it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Kyrosiris posted:

Just watched Steph's vod about the Chromie rework, couldn't be happier. :neckbeard: Gonna reward good Q usage even more now, with the combo bonus for consecutive hits.
Summary from reddit:

quote:

Baseline Q quest, per hit, permanent +5 damage. On 80 hits, Past and Future Me becomes active. (where you shoot a lower damage Q from past position)

Q damage reduced to roughly 60%

Has a stack counter (how many Qs hit in a row), which adds a bonus stack to the damage stack. (so the 2nd one gives +10 instead of +5, the third one gives +15 instead of +5).

Level 1 talents: Q quest removed; Hitting 3 Q in a row, they give triple bonus damage increase.

Level 4 talents: Q pierce removed. New E talent: When Time Trap is activated, reset Q and W cooldowns.

Level 13: Reaching Through Time (Range) Removed. 30s CD activated: Swap location with Sand Clone (Q baseline quest). Steph mentions that you can B back to base and get full health/mana, and instant teleport back to the battlefield

Level 20: Piercing Sands (Infinite through heroes, but no quest procs for pierces)
That is pretty neat.

Also, Morales now has energy instead of mana.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 22, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

YolkaEd posted:

Bit of a shame, if it didn't also get a massive CD reduction for Wraith Walk to compensate if you hit heroes with the boosted Q. He's all about dishing out pain now, and I love it.

Yeah, it's kinda like the Chromie rework - nearly everything new is awesome, but losing access to that particular toy (basically being able to bounce from lane to lane like some sort of spooky rear end in a top hat) is kind of a downer. I seriously can't wait to give it a spin though.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

it's as though Blizzard is making a concerted effort to add carries into the game.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think dual soak is something the devs are trying to get away from.

Also is Leo losing his on death trait and now respawns like a normal person?

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013

No Wave posted:

Also is Leo losing his on death trait and now respawns like a normal person?

Nope, his ghost trait is still intact. Doesn't seem like he has Reanimation anymore, though.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
4 reworks in the patch are much needed, there's a lot of unused heroes in the meta right now and they really need to improve a lot of heroes ASAP

Henker
May 5, 2009

In-game screenshot of the Dreadlord (Thicclord) Jaina skin. I like how Blizzard full on embraces memes now.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Is dread lord jaina a meme? Also where is this rework info?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Gamescom, a big gaming convention in Germany. There's a big Blizzard presence there.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

WoW players have been claiming Jaina is a dreadlord ever since her abrupt personality change after Theramore was nuked by Garrosh and hundreds of people she knew died.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Also where is this rework info?

Info is limited since its just from streamers there that have had time with the floor build

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6va8y6/megathread_gamescom_17_heroes_of_the_storm_changes/

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Jaina got fat

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Dreadlord Jaina was a fan theory or something aiming to explain her change in personality. People get pushing it to the point that it became a meme on WoW discussion boards. I might be remembering this incorrectly.

Edit: Shouldn't post while groggy, didn't see the post above me with basically the same exact info. :(

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 22, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

floofyscorp posted:

WoW players have been claiming Jaina is a dreadlord ever since her abrupt personality change after Theramore was nuked by Garrosh and hundreds of people she knew died.

Good thing no one that actually matters cares about the Warcraft storyline, because oh man it is a special kind of terrible.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

I honestly don't know what to make of those leo changes.

Access to royal or hardened bones no longer being at 4 is a huge deal for his early game. Not having block at all or not having hoplessness at 1 (depending on lane matchups) will greatly change his ability to lane early on.

Once you get on into 13-16 things look better. The spooky hand talents, though swapped 13/16, will now do 15% instead of 10. Other talents may be good as well.

But the takeaway I'm seeing is that leoric's early game is going to suffer and I'm not going to feel good about him being slanted more of a late game hero when they did just nerf his go-to level 20.

Reverend Dr fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 22, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The takeaway I'm seeing is that there's actually a point to not going drain build.

There's even less reason to take the non-Tomb ult whose name I can't even remember, though.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Baseline Ice Block for Jaina, it's about loving time.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Sindai posted:

Also, Morales now has energy instead of mana.

How is this going to work? Right now the morales strat is either dive her or make her go oom. Will energy regen pause until her trait activates?

Semper Fudge posted:

Baseline Ice Block for Jaina, it's about loving time.

Jaina's back in the meta boys

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I get the impression that she's got like x seconds of healing in her tank and it takes y seconds to recharge the tank. What x and y are hasn't been published yet, but the point to her redesign is that you're not going to have her stalling out a push because she went oom, you just need to hold back for y seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Polio Vax Scene posted:

How is this going to work? Right now the morales strat is either dive her or make her go oom. Will energy regen pause until her trait activates?

Jaina's back in the meta boys

Morales uses 6 energy to heal a tick and after 3 seconds of not healing regains 6. Morales self-heals for 2% max HP when healing others.