Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Is vanille a good candidate for Legend Sphereing? I have her BSB and USB and I get quite a bit of mileage out of her lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Is vanille a good candidate for Legend Sphereing? I have her BSB and USB and I get quite a bit of mileage out of her lately.

Yes, she is. Probably not quite as good as Y'shtola with her BSB, but Vanille is still one of the few white mages with the coveted dualcast WHT 35% LM2s, so she's top tier. I think the only others that get it natively (as opposed to through LMR) are Y'sh, Deuce (pretty good BSB, but not many people have it), and Arc (pretty meh BSB).

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

Finally beat this mofo after like 10 tries with pubbies...

Noctis: Lifesiphon x 6, Lifesiphon x 4 | SSB
Ramza: Armor Breakdown x 6, Power Breakdown x 8 | Shout

My hones are still pretty low so I was prob the weakest link, but Noctis' SSB is so awesome for a full raid party. Last stand was the real MVP tho.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Is there any reason to beat Nemesis-Apex other than bragging rights? I've beaten up through infinity and I beat him when he first came out so I really don't feel like doing it again just fort the 1.5 million gil.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Got an email that says Paypal is offering 10% off iTunes gift cards in the Canadian store: https://www.paypal-gifts.com/en_ca/10-off-itunes.html

Can these be used to buy FFRK gems?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Is there any reason to beat Nemesis-Apex other than bragging rights? I've beaten up through infinity and I beat him when he first came out so I really don't feel like doing it again just fort the 1.5 million gil.

It's just for the challenge if you want it.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I pulled again on XV, and was overjoyed to see I went 5/11. Maybe I'd finally get Iris! Maybe I'd get an LMR for anyone!

I got 3x Noctis SSBs (dupe), Iris SSB (dupe), Gladio BSB (dupe)

You would think I would learn, but.....nope!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

triplexpac posted:

Got an email that says Paypal is offering 10% off iTunes gift cards in the Canadian store: https://www.paypal-gifts.com/en_ca/10-off-itunes.html

Can these be used to buy FFRK gems?

They can, although beware that iTunes cards are country specific so you'll need a Canadian app store account to use a Canadian iTunes gift card. Also 10% isn't a very good discount, 15% is fairly common and if you keep an eye out 20% comes up from time to time.

Staples in Canada has 15% off $50 and $100 gift cards running August 23rd through 29th.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
whats the outlook on FFXV? i guess japan and global are about the same? I'm just wondering if I should pull now or wait until a future event for synergy.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

whats the outlook on FFXV? i guess japan and global are about the same? I'm just wondering if I should pull now or wait until a future event for synergy.

Japan's only had one more (single-banner) XV event than Global currently, and there's no realm dungeons yet. It's not a synergy you're going to need very heavily.

Pull because you want the characters in your team (they're good characters with good SBs), not because you need to cover your bases.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i would but my a team is pretty stacked so I'm usually only aiming for CM/magicite loot

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I just love pulling on a new realm. No dupes and everything is bare minimum a stat stick.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It's strange that DeNA hasn't even put any XV realms in the JP version yet, despite it being months since the first XV event content debuted.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
doublecast curada is something incredible

that said i just got wrecked by kuja rebirth. bring those lightning resists!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Grozz Nuy posted:

It's strange that DeNA hasn't even put any XV realms in the JP version yet, despite it being months since the first XV event content debuted.

Think about how long after Zack, Noel, and the Tiny Bee it took for them to have CC-VII, XIII-2, and X-2 content. Or how long before they got off their butts with FFXIV and FFXI.

It'll come soon enough.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

Japan's only had one more (single-banner) XV event than Global currently, and there's no realm dungeons yet. It's not a synergy you're going to need very heavily.

Pull because you want the characters in your team (they're good characters with good SBs), not because you need to cover your bases.

That's honestly the problem I have. I have one pull budgeted for either XV or XI. XI has a Torment, Aphmau's stuff is fantastic bar her SSB, and I like Zeid. But the XV banner is a lot more coherent in general and has far less duds.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I got all the torments and rebirths down now that I've learned how to build and use Cloud USB teams.

As long as you have the right setups you don't really need Chant for the rebirths. As long as your imperil person and your other damager have 1 SB bar each you're good to go unless you get bad RNG and eat multiple AoE attacks.

Chant is almost mandatory for the higher difficulty torments though. And not just for the crit bonus but for the damage shield. I never have room for a healing BSB so I have to rely on speed and good luck.

It works really well though!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

doublecast curada is something incredible

that said i just got wrecked by kuja rebirth. bring those lightning resists!

Speaking of which, do auto-heals stack at all? If you cast two Curadas on the same target, will it auto-heal 4000 damage?

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

jebeebus posted:

Finally beat this mofo after like 10 tries with pubbies...

Noctis: Lifesiphon x 6, Lifesiphon x 4 | SSB
Ramza: Armor Breakdown x 6, Power Breakdown x 8 | Shout

My hones are still pretty low so I was prob the weakest link, but Noctis' SSB is so awesome for a full raid party. Last stand was the real MVP tho.

Yo, I was the Vaan/Eiko in that fight.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

I'm finally all caught up now on torments. Belias was my white whale, gently caress that guy. I had to end up resorting to some janky rear end team using firions bsb after my normal A team couldn't cut it.

But I'm left wondering if I should try to switch to a physical team or will something as broken as Cloud's usb come out for mages?

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

Spikey posted:

Yo, I was the Vaan/Eiko in that fight.

Haha nice, small world. R.I.P. Vaan you done good... definitely noticed we were getting its HP down a lot faster than all the other attempts I put in.

You mind giving me a breakdown of your setup? I'm still largely unfamiliar with everything, didn't even know who Last Stand was coming from either.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Fister Roboto posted:

Speaking of which, do auto-heals stack at all? If you cast two Curadas on the same target, will it auto-heal 4000 damage?

They don't stack, but they don't overwrite either unlike most other buffs. The largest HP stock effect will take precedent, so you don't have to worry about casting, for example, Rosa's USB while Paladin Cecil's USB still has a bunch of stock HP.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Huh, so the Cid missions that reward motes for Torment dungeons reset each time? I'm pretty sure I had at least one FFX member in my party last time this was around, so that's cool if so.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Huh, so the Cid missions that reward motes for Torment dungeons reset each time? I'm pretty sure I had at least one FFX member in my party last time this was around, so that's cool if so.

They do not. You must be mis-remembering. (or DeNA Global hosed something up, of course)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Fister Roboto posted:

the doublecast targets the lowest health person first and the next lowest health person second so you dont really run into that issue

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

jebeebus posted:

Haha nice, small world. R.I.P. Vaan you done good... definitely noticed we were getting its HP down a lot faster than all the other attempts I put in.

You mind giving me a breakdown of your setup? I'm still largely unfamiliar with everything, didn't even know who Last Stand was coming from either.

Last Stand would have been coming from the Edge player, he's the only character in that party with a SB that grants it.

e: Actually wait, it could have come from Eiko as well if she had USB. But I'm assuming that player wouldn't even be bringing Edge if he didn't have Eblan Doppelganger.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Aug 23, 2017

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

There's 3 different 5* mote CMs for having 1, 2, and 3 matching realm characters in your party. Maybe you didn't do the higher quantity ones last time.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Thanks to the Garuda torment just coming back in JP I can confirm what other people are saying: the Cid's missions for extra 5*s that come back with the torments are the same one each time, down to whether or not you've already completed them and collected the rewards. So unless Global hosed up hard or got insanely generous they did not refresh for you.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I need more *5 motes :mad:

Mastered all the rebirth dungeons and I still need a shitload of motes to get Agrias' LM2.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Now that we have a good idea of the upcoming banners (XI, V, maybe IV?), are any of them especially good for a new player? I just started this week and have a few 5*s thanks to some lucky 100 crystal pulls (Zack's BSB, Yuna's SSB, and Serah's SSB I'm assuming is at least decent since it has hastega?), so I'm mostly just trucking through realm dungeons and have 130 mythril or so right now. I'm not a fan of the games for the current banners, but those three coming up are some of my favorites.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

XI is pretty beginner friendly in that it has a well rounded set of relics to establish the realm as a whole. V can be helpful to beginners, but I think it's definitely geared towards players who are looking to fill holes and build on a strong foundation. IV is more beginner friendly than V, IMO, in that top to bottom, it features more basic utility needs. This applies to banners 1 and 2. That said, the top end of V and IV are very strong relics whereas XI doesn't really have any standouts.

Being that you're just as likely to go 1/11 poo poo SSB on XI as you are in either V and IV, I would personally just save up for those two plus maybe VI. A 1/11 Bartz USB from V can carry you for a long time versus any of the top XI relics.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
For another perspective: the FFXI banner is the last banner for a while with 4 healing relics on it. If you need a great healer, it might be worth the consideration.

IV, V, VI are the better overall banners though.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I would say overall that mitigation (through debuffing) is going to be one of the most important factors in letting you tackle higher difficulty content.

From that perspective, the second banner of XI (Lion) and the first banner of VI (Setzer) would be really helpful for a new player.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Whales got their monthly MVP letter.

The FF5 event has been announced as being scheduled for next week, and FF4 being the week after that.

Budget pulls accordingly.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

The Whales got their monthly MVP letter.

The FF5 event has been announced as being scheduled for next week, and FF4 being the week after that.

Budget pulls accordingly.

Cool, good to know. Think I'll be putting in two pulls on that first banner unless I hit the Gatcha lottery on the first pull. I figure even getting two items on the banner will make me not wanna pull again because of the odds of dupes.

On an unrelated note, I just fully legend dived Lightning and took her on an inaugural run to the Ultimate ++ MA-X Cuirass fight. So apparently having Trial by Lightning, Cross Slash, and Army of One up turns Thundering Twinstrike into dualcast OSB's with reduced cast time. That was not a long fight.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I think I'm skipping V. I only want Bartz stuff and his USB and BSB(2?) are recurring on the 30th banner.

How long do LMRs take to come back around? I would love to get his, but I'm not sure if I should spend a pull for it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ceaselessfuture posted:

I think I'm skipping V. I only want Bartz stuff and his USB and BSB(2?) are recurring on the 30th banner.

How long do LMRs take to come back around? I would love to get his, but I'm not sure if I should spend a pull for it.

Debatable. Some LMRs have recurred, like the IX crew's, some still haven't reappeared at all. Really depends on the frequency of events and the popularity of characters. For example, Iris' LMR might not recur for a long while since XV events still only have one banner and with five different characters all having LMRs she might really be fighting for a spot. XI still hasn't had an additional event, so stuff like Curilla/Aphmau's LMRs won't be seen for another 6+ months.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

How good is the upcoming V banner overall? I'd love to get some stuff for Bartz and I've heard it's the one-stop shop for that, but I have no idea about the other relics.

Not sure how much mythril to spend between the IV / V banners and how much to save for the anniversary fest.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
V event

Looks really good. Even the consolation prizes seem like they have some use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

I'm budgeting 4 pulls for IV/V/VI. I'd go ham on the V banner, but I feel like I need Rosa's USB more.

It's really excellent because of Faris as well as Bartz. I hear the Dorgann stuff is great too.

• Locked thread