Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
My grandchildren will ask me, "Where were you when the great Smart avatar war begun?"

Right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Lots of disposable income up here in this here section.

Erenthal posted:

My grandchildren will ask me, "Where were you when the great Smart avatar war begun?"

Right here.

<plays harmonica>

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

If there's one thing that upsets goons it's having their avatar changed by someone they made really upset

I'm literally shakening right now :mad:

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

I'm technically not emptyquoting this.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
How many of us actually pay to support a site we post on regularly? Over the years, I have donated to the site for various things, so it doesn't bother me at all. It's disposal income.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I see the thread canary has leapt into action - evidently CIG's Gamescom failure this year is going to be spectacular.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

If there's one thing that upsets goons it's having their avatar changed by someone they made really upset

I still don't know what good Samaritan provided me with my setup.
heck, let alone why I earned it, i'm not even that funny lol.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Hav posted:

Lots of disposable income up here in this here section.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Go gently caress yourself. I built this place. You and your 2001 reg date. I was around when this place first showed up, go ask Lowtax or any of the guys who were here since the beginning. I just had to rereg because I lost my original @aol.com email address access.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

I still don't know what good Samaritan provided me with my setup.
heck, let alone why I earned it, i'm not even that funny lol.

it's also wrong, toiletlord is clearly better than anything related to star citizen.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I hope the CIG guys have had a good practice run and know the script backwards, we wouldn't want any "accidents" in our truly really 3.0 would we?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

3.0 Jesus Patch posted:

:five::five::five::five::five:

i didn't spend much time on the corsair site, just picked a keyboard that looked some what similiar mainly 1 with the little circle buttons on the top bezel.

S'all good, I've been so out of touch with Razer products that I thought it was the 3-leg thing + RAZER written next to it.

And I even bought a K55 recently so I clearly focused on the wrong thing :doh:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

it's also wrong, toiletlord is clearly better than anything related to star citizen.

Great, now we have mods hanging around. Was this what you wanted? Because this is what we have now.

Look at them. Scattered around, trying to be funny.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

it was the 3-leg thing + RAZER written next to it.

Guledig, obviously.

Hav fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 22, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

I hope you like your new avatar. You wear it well.

Tell a joke or something, your losing the crowd! (Your avatar gifts suck)

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

oh you ~~

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

Great, now we have mods hanging around. Was this what you wanted? Because this is what we have now.

:negative:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

oh poo poo, amazon has MX518's in stock

same day delivery? yes please

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Lazrin posted:

posting for a new avatar

I don't know, I kind of like it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

After Lowtax dropped his kid off to school, answered a bizarre inquiry, is now having to call his accountant on how to handle quarterly estimated taxes due to the influx of cash.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

VideoGames posted:

How many of us actually pay to support a site we post on regularly? Over the years, I have donated to the site for various things, so it doesn't bother me at all. It's disposal income.

The fact that I receive an avatar for my donation is simply a bonus for helping to support the best drat sub-forums ever!

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

ewe2 posted:

I hope the CIG guys have had a good practice run and know the script backwards, we wouldn't want any "accidents" in our truly really 3.0 would we?

...must move the joystick to the left in 3- 2- 1- now! okay, that went well, that looked totally natural, still on top of it, okay, did I have to do the surprised face now, or in 12 seconds... yep, 12 seconds, after the - oh poo poo no, I missed the surprise face! Chris will do that whole "who hosed up today, everybody?" speech at the cafe tonight, then bring up last year's cargo box carrying demo debacle AGAIN, oh gently caress, now I've lost my place, was it left-left-right, or ...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Colostomy Bag posted:

After Lowtax dropped his kid off to school, answered a bizarre inquiry, is now having to call his accountant on how to handle quarterly estimated taxes due to the influx of cash.

So that's two (Variable 5, Lazrin) I've changed so far. Let's see who is next.

<---- ps: Oh look! Here we go again. brb

One more victim (big nipples, big life). Guys, as long as I'm here, I can do this all - loving - day. Let's support the site, shall we?!

ps: That's a count of 8 times ($40) this morning I've changed mine, and paid $9.95 to change 3 ($29.85) others. God I hope it's Shitizens doing it.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 22, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hav posted:

I am glad they have joined the arena of shitposting, especially if they are changing Derek's avatar.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Mr Fronts posted:

...must move the joystick to the left in 3- 2- 1- now! okay, that went well, that looked totally natural, still on top of it, okay, did I have to do the surprised face now, or in 12 seconds... yep, 12 seconds, after the - oh poo poo no, I missed the surprise face! Chris will do that whole "who hosed up today, everybody?" speech at the cafe tonight, then bring up last year's cargo box carrying demo debacle AGAIN, oh gently caress, now I've lost my place, was it left-left-right, or ...

Sounds about right. The 3.0 demo is probably the equivalent of Dragon's Lair on Laserdisc.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
When is the private venue showcase? After gamescon is done?

Would make sense so that you wouldn't have to deal with angry germans for a day.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

man she's probably high on cocain right now.

Boy what a PR coup they scored with that promotional expense.

Razer: The Official Laptop of a VP of Marketing Who Hates Gaming

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

I am glad they have joined the arena of shitposting, especially if they are changing Derek's avatar.

Davatargate.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
We're not talking about "case law", we're talking about avatar fraud which is what Something Awful Forums is now, based on their on-going practices. Pay attention, and stay focused.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

G0RF posted:

Boy what a PR coup they scored with that promotional expense.

Razer: The Official Laptop of a VP of Marketing Who Hates Gaming

Have we ever seen her touch a computer, let alone SC for that matter?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

So that's two (Variable 5, Lazrin) I've changed so far. Let's see who is next.

<---- ps: Oh look! Here we go again. brb

Once more into my savings, dear posters, once more...

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Virtual Captain posted:

Thread implosion in 3... 2... 1...

Called it :smug:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

VideoGames posted:

We're not talking about "case law", we're talking about avatar fraud which is what Something Awful Forums is now, based on their on-going practices. Pay attention, and stay focused.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:lol:

so mad

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:
this is going well

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

big nipples big butt

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Milky Moor posted:

this is borderline incomprehensible

I think they are trying to market jpegs like an advert in vogue for handbags

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Please please please let it be Lowtax changing the avatar so Derek can brag about yet another one of his epic self-owns again

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The issue is that SA plc is routinely and consistently LYING to goons about the TRUE state of the avatar revenue. If the admins were telling the truth, aside from the alarm that it would cause, there is a very good chance that even their most hardcore goons would likely have red texted (as so many already have) by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The defense would like to call "Fuc"... Somethings Awful user F.u.c.t.i.f.i.n.o to the stand.

MISTER FUCTIFINO... can I call you Fuct? Mr. Fuct, as you know, this is a serious case of law and your responses could seriously affect the outcome.

IS IT TRUE that SomethingAwful charges its users money in order to change an AV-A-TAR?

-Yes

And is it not also true that "MODS" can change avatars, for free?

-Yes

And are *ahem* S.A. users FORCED to change their AV-A-TARS?

-No

The defense rests, your honor.

SPACE COURT IS ADJOURNED