Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
Posting for Derek to buy me an avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Hav posted:

This is more an amuse-bouche punchup before the main event. A palate cleanser to get the real stupidity out of the way before the main stupid event, although your 'woke' individuals are using the SC ELE as the first of a series of Matroska doll ELEs that go up to the planetary level.

But yeah, the naked ball-punching orgy of fat retards is generally more your goon yiff than a distraction.

drat well done, i wished my english was good enough to construct stuff like that.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
I made the "You can't handle the truth!" monologue edit, av me.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
This is the ELE

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

TheAgent posted:

mods please make derek smart able to post in any forum or subforum but this one

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

TheAgent posted:

include the mod forum

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

No!! please! not the smart in my ADTRW!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Stimperor upon hearing word of today's happenings is pleased, and has placed a moratorium on deskelitization.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

just make it so he can only post in FYAD

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

VideoGames posted:

Notice how a bunch of previously unseen users have automagically appeared in the latest avatar slapfight?

It's almost as if they have an internal avatar queue that's not reflective of the public one. Pretty much what I've been saying for months now.

I've long wondered why Lowtax hasn't seen the obvious opportunity to better monetize internecine Avatar combat. He really should tie his fundraising drives more closely to it.

For example, pretend he had SA Pledge tiers of $20, $50, and $100.

A pledge of $20, in addition to whatever perks, also scores you 3 Avatar Changes. $50 gives you 10. $100 gives 30. (Or whatever.)

Minor adjustments to the SA forums could make Avatar swaps something very easily done by users with swap credits -- in the heat of thread warring as opposed to subjecting them to the current hassles. It would incentivize fundraising buy offering those throwing a little money his way a small reward they might have occasion to use down the road. Seems like it could really open up what is surely a revenue bottleneck on both the donations and the avatar swap income streams.

Help us help you help us hurt each other.

Then again, minor development effort would be required. That may be the fatal flaw in this plan.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 22, 2017

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Lowtax should sell 6 hour probations. Dsmart would end up probated until 2060 and SA would be paid for for a whole year

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

big nipples big life posted:

just make it so he can only post in FYAD

Alternatively, let him post anywhere, but remove his ability to embed tweets.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Where do I get CCUs for LTI on my new avatar?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

G0RF posted:

I've long wondered why Lowtax hasn't seen the obvious opportunity to better monetize internecine Avatar combat. He really should tie his fundraising drives more closely to it.

For example, pretend he had SA Pledge tiers of $20, $50, and $100.

A pledge of $20, in addition to whatever perks, also scores you 3 Avatar Changes. $50 gives you 10. $100 gives 30. (Or whatever.)

Minor adjustments to the SA forums could make Avatar swaps something very easily done by users with swap credits -- in the heat of thread warring as posed to subjecting them to the current hassles. It would incentivize fundraising buy offering those throwing a little money his way a small reward they might have occasion to use down the road. Seems like it could really open up what is surely a revenue bottleneck on both the donations and the avatar swap income streams.

Then again, minor development effort would be required. That may be the fatal flaw in this plan.

And if you subscribe you get a free Avatar token every 3 months!

Ayn Marx posted:

Lowtax should sell 6 hour probations. Dsmart would end up probated until 2060 and SA would be paid for for a whole year

Then make it so you can pay Lowtax $ to remove the probation time.

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
just lol if you haven't purchased the $15,000 completionist avatar package.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
Just melt your crappy LTI avatar for it's LTI token.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

G0RF posted:

Just send him a fruit basket, pizza, donuts, whatever for the cause.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

Your plan smacks of the transfer of wealth, moving from a flat rate of :tenbux: to a system of socialized and frankly worrying discounts that is obviously a slippery slope to cannibalism. Meanwhile;

Ayn Marx posted:

...Weaponizes the bourgeoisie against the proletariat in a stunning display. These are wild swings in an effort to cure a single problem, that of freedom of speech. Curtail that, and you're all cushty.

While we're about it, I have this plan regarding invading Canada I'd like to mention...

Colostomy Bag posted:

Just send him a fruit basket, pizza, donuts, whatever for the cause.

Transfats for the people!

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Lowtax needs to monetize forum join/start dates.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

oh poo poo, amazon has MX518's in stock

same day delivery? yes please

True story. My one year old corsair mouse's wheel broke (proper piece snapped off broke) recently, so I had to break out my perfectly working mx518. My mx518 I bought in, like 2004.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

We must stop this infighting friends, if we pooled our avatar money, we could buy one (1) jpeg!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Funny thing is, they really believe the lies they're telling. In all two years, they haven't shown a SINGLE instance of me being wrong about anything. And as soon as you ask them for proof, guarantee, this is what they will come up with:

1)
I
BRAG
ABOUT
NOT
HAVING
TO
SPEND
AS
MUCH
ON
CHANGING
MY
BACK
BY
SPENDING
MORE
MONEY
ON
CHANGING
OTHER

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ro5s posted:

We must stop this infighting friends, if we pooled our avatar money, we could buy one (1) jpeg!

I've always wanted to drive a Warthog!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

VideoGames posted:

Funny thing is, they really believe the lies they're telling. In all two years, they haven't shown a SINGLE instance of me being wrong about anything. And as soon as you ask them for proof, guarantee, this is what they will come up with:

1)
I
BRAG
ABOUT
NOT
HAVING
TO
SPEND
AS
MUCH
ON
CHANGING
MY
BACK
BY
SPENDING
MORE
MONEY
ON
CHANGING
OTHER

Oh no, Video Games has been infected with Smartinus :(.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Xaerael posted:

True story. My one year old corsair mouse's wheel broke (proper piece snapped off broke) recently, so I had to break out my perfectly working mx518. My mx518 I bought in, like 2004.

Logitech gets my mouse purchases because of their customer support and the relative difficulty in killing the drat things. I managed to kill a G9 through mechanical strain in the cable meaning that the wheel wouldn't register; although it was out of the normal 1 year warranty, I gave them a call and they replaced it. With a G500.

Only thing that blew the MX518 out of the water was that brief period when MS Intellimouse was the king. Microsoft peripherals; you almost changed my opinion of MS.

Edit: <beating_dead_horse.gif>

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Xaerael posted:

I still use my old one at work from about the same period, the middle button double clicks sometimes but otherwise it's bulletproof. I've been looking for another one forever.

Hav posted:

Logitech gets my mouse purchases because of their customer support and the relative difficulty in killing the drat things. I managed to kill a G9 through mechanical strain in the cable meaning that the wheel wouldn't register; although it was out of the normal 1 year warranty, I gave them a call and they replaced it. With a G500.

Only thing that blew the MX518 out of the water was that brief period when MS Intellimouse was the king. Microsoft peripherals; you almost changed my opinion of MS.

Edit: <beating_dead_horse.gif>

Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 is the best mouse ever created, the MX518 is second but I'm not paying $200+ for a mouse.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I'm trying to get work done but if I am away from the thread for more than 2 minutes I'll miss another D_Smart avatar.
:ohdear:

Do we have the technology to make an animate GIF compilation of everything Derek has been?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

VideoGames posted:

1)
I
BRAG
ABOUT
NOT
HAVING
TO
SPEND
AS
MUCH
ON
CHANGING
MY
BACK
BY
SPENDING
MORE
MONEY
ON
CHANGING
OTHER

You have redeemed yourself in my eyes, Video Games. You are good.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Mods move this thread to GBS. Derek's meltdown should be enjoyed by all :allears:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

doingitwrong posted:

I'm trying to get work done but if I am away from the thread for more than 2 minutes I'll miss another D_Smart avatar.
:ohdear:

Do we have the technology to make an animate GIF compilation of everything Derek has been?

Yes. We. Do. :getin:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Variable 5 posted:

Mods move this thread to GBS. Derek's meltdown should be enjoyed by all :allears:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I'll tell you a true fact for free, corsair's CS is loving abysmal.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
So what's the deal with this derek smart person

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'm a Logitech person, mostly because they're the ones who realized that trackballs are the natural evolution of the computer mouse

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

So what's the deal with this derek smart person

He is a calm and well adjusted person, who never buys people avatars in a fit of childish rage.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
The last time we did HID chat, furry modephile tricked me into buying this expensive atrocity

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm a Logitech person, mostly because they're the ones who realized that trackballs are the natural evolution of the computer mouse

this is a good troll and I am looking forward to it hooking someone.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Just posting in this thread hoping to get a better avatar.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

this is a good troll and I am looking forward to it hooking someone.

I'll leave you to wear down your carpal tunnel dude, I prefer fondling balls all day :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Everyone knows that Mad Catz is the premier developer of input devices. That is why CIG partnered with them.