Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

If Paul goes up, there's no way he goes home, but it does set the stage for the next few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Meh... Elena bounces, but Matt is a better bounce because Raven is has been nothing more than a gently caress receptacle and she'll be even more invisible than she's been all season thus far if the blue shirt bails.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Jessica will be a guest on RHAP in about 5 minutes if anyone needs more salt in their diet.

http://robhasawebsite.com/big-brother-19-thursday-eviction-recap-live-feed-update/

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm disappointed Elena went because I think that if she had stayed there might have been a chance for the game to open up this week. She was so isolated in that house after her last terrible week of just sticking a figurative finger up at everyone that I easily could have seen people making a move on the "pawn" sitting next to her. But Mark is the right combination of hated by so many in the house, trusted by absolutely no one after so many lies and flakey gameplay, and a genuine comp threat with a real resume now that I can't imagine them let him get past them if he doesn't win HOH/POV. Which means probably one more week at least until this game might be interesting. And we're running out of time.

Mark could win HOH and make things interesting but I'm not sure I really see the path there. He's alone now and I assume he'll try and make the safest move, which means Josh/Christmas which won't really change much and maybe being dumb enough to put Kevin up and do Paul's dirty work.

And naturally Cody got protected in the edit by skipping to the second half of that fight with Alex/Josh vs Elena and cutting out the entire fight Cody vs Alex fight where he allegedly told her to "gently caress herself" (off feeds) because she wanted some of her own cereal and then told everyone how much he hated them all and didn't give a poo poo about them. I was really interested in seeing that since feeds didn't catch the start and it was bad enough that the normally diplomatic and nonconfrontational Jason was telling Cody he was a piece of poo poo. But I guess that would have made America's Sweethearts look bad.

Its gonna be kinda lame if Cody wins America's Favorite.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Paul is the king of the house. Nobody can target him.

Yep, that was funny watching everyone too intimidated to put him up. Paul is utterly dominating this game. I figured at some point someone would take a shot at him, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

I assume Paul will drag stupid Josh to the end with him, and then get all the votes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh my god I don't need a reminder about Jody.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
why the gently caress am I watching this

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Did you enjoy Alex saying Jason was her ride or die in front of everyone like it was nothing?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

It's possible that I haven't made a mistake as bad as casting Matt for Big Brother in my life.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Tune in Friday for a very special Jody Handjob episode.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also we reveal that Matt is a strange cereal fueled golem.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

lmao are they not even going to do the HoH comp for this episode?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Nope

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Ha, from RHAP...

"If they were playing for 500,000 boxes of cereal, you would be seeing radically different gameplay in the house."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I just FFed through that episode. I understand that it was probably a placeholder for a Jury Battle Back in case the Hex didn't get played or something, but I'm not sitting and watching a recap episode of the season that would never end. Especially if you start it with a Jody love segment right after they're finally out of the loving house.

When oh when will Jody be gone?! I'm not completely convinced they'll be back next season.

Max posted:

Did you enjoy Alex saying Jason was her ride or die in front of everyone like it was nothing?

Its weird but this whole cast has basically accepted that everyone is in a duo which is how Paul has managed to convince everyone that he's the third member of their trio because he's the only true single left standing.

Well, Kevin too but he hosed it up by trying to be Jody's 3rd.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I just FFed through that episode.

Would have been painful if you couldn't fast forward through it.

I wonder how much they paid Derek to host that piece of crap.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

"Well, that there was an episode that aired on network television."

Just like that time, I said this exact same phrase a number of pages ago...

**cue graphic dissolve effect**

Remember that time the BB hamsters visited the haunted amusement park?

What a goddamned waste of loving network time.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
BB wants Jody to be the next outside the house couple so bad it's gross.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Sexual Aluminum posted:

BB wants Jody to be the next outside the house couple so bad it's gross.

I think CBS' lawyers will be glad to see the back of them once the season is over. Cody is far too volatile to be worth keeping around. If you send Jody on The Amazing Race there is a fair chance that Cody will attack the cab driver that took them to the wrong place and got them eliminated. Jessica might have a future on an allstar season.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
With Jody eliminated, I am realizing what I feared -- there's no one in the house that I am actually cheering for to win. Kevin is funny, but he doesn't have the same underdog appeal that Donny did. I think, just by process of elimination, I am reluctantly cheering for Christmas. From watching only the episodes, it seems like Paul is the obvious winner of this season, unless someone clues in to what he's doing.

Also, I am not sure what Matt's strategy is at this point. He is willing to be a pawn because he thinks other people will be pawns later? Matt may be one of the most boring HGs in recent memory. At least Raven has a cool scar.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Twin Cinema posted:

With Jody eliminated, I am realizing what I feared -- there's no one in the house that I am actually cheering for to win. Kevin is funny, but he doesn't have the same underdog appeal that Donny did. I think, just by process of elimination, I am reluctantly cheering for Christmas. From watching only the episodes, it seems like Paul is the obvious winner of this season, unless someone clues in to what he's doing.

Also, I am not sure what Matt's strategy is at this point. He is willing to be a pawn because he thinks other people will be pawns later? Matt may be one of the most boring HGs in recent memory. At least Raven has a cool scar.

Yeah I laughed at Matt's DR. No Matt, everyone doesn't have to take a turn being pawns, they'll just keep putting you up because you've been so cool about it so far. And then once you push back they'll say it's time to start thinking about getting you out.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Twin Cinema posted:

I'm cheering for Paul to win, as he seems to be smarter and playing the game harder than everyone else put together.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I think Paul is headed for a swift and sudden exit.

As people start thinking about final four, and winning over the jury, they are going to take a shot at Paul after the veto is used and someone else was supposed to be the target.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The really hard part about getting Paul out is that he's so up his own rear end that whoever gives him the axe will have him campaigning as nauseum against them to the jury.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

The really hard part about getting Paul out is that he's so up his own rear end that whoever gives him the axe will have him campaigning as nauseum against them to the jury.
I truly believe that of all people Cody will be the one in Jury that will be the voice of reason and drill it into everyone's head that once yer in the Loser's Lounge you are under no obligation to follow Paul's lead like a buncha "betas". Especially true if Paul is also in Jury. There could even be a mutiny if Paul can't shut down gamebot mode while in Jury.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah I laughed at Matt's DR. No Matt, everyone doesn't have to take a turn being pawns, they'll just keep putting you up because you've been so cool about it so far. And then once you push back they'll say it's time to start thinking about getting you out.

Matt going up to protect Raven is about the most personality the guy has showed all season.

The funny thing is, I think if Paul made it to the end, Cody might actually vote for the guy. Yeah they don't like each other, but in Cody's mind, Paul was his only rival and was at least up front in how he played his HOH weeks with them.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I'm not so sure Paul would be bitter, I think he's at least as likely to go the other way and make a scene about how whoever got him out made the winning move and they absolutely deserve it and Paul Paul Paul. He was really messed up by how he lost in F2 last year to someone who he thought wasn't a player (I mean, she was, but I understand why he thought she wasn't) and I think he's too self-aware to do that to someone else.

The game will get harder for Paul as the house empties out (at a certain point it's almost pure competitions, you can always gently caress up a competition) but I do think there's a magic combination of people in there who would never talk to each other without him.

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 22, 2017

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Based on what he said in that DR on Sunday's show, it feels like the only way forward is for him to get rid of someone in a couple and take their place, otherwise once Mark and Kevin go, he's the odd one out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think he's in a good enough position to throw HOH this week and just encourage the duos to start a war. Its tricky but it lets him keep playing the middle for another week or two and any combination of Alex/Jason, Josh/Christmas, or Matt/Raven still pose a bigger threat this than he does alone.

Paul's problem could come a few evictions from now if the duos break up and he's the most threatening single standing.

Robnoxious posted:

I truly believe that of all people Cody will be the one in Jury that will be the voice of reason and drill it into everyone's head that once yer in the Loser's Lounge you are under no obligation to follow Paul's lead like a buncha "betas". Especially true if Paul is also in Jury. There could even be a mutiny if Paul can't shut down gamebot mode while in Jury.

Even if Cody does that the problem is him doing it exactly as you said with the condescending "beta" nonsense. Cody couldn't influence anyone in the house because he's an arrogant, disrespectful rear end who advertises that he thinks he's better than everyone else. Paul may think he's better but he does a solid job hiding it. Cody's approach didn't work in the house and doesn't seem any more likely to work in the Jury House.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I think he's in a good enough position to throw HOH this week and just encourage the duos to start a war. Its tricky but it lets him keep playing the middle for another week or two and any combination of Alex/Jason, Josh/Christmas, or Matt/Raven still pose a bigger threat this than he does alone.

Paul's problem could come a few evictions from now if the duos break up and he's the most threatening single standing.

I think he could also get burned if he's forced to choose between pairs with his vote, and it shows that he is playing everyone.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
When they pick names for veto, what if they draw the name of someone that's already been chosen via Houseguest Choice? Do they just redraw and then cut that out of the broadcast?

I know it's a dumb question but it never crossed my mind until just now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess it depends on if they're doing the "two 'Houseguest's Choice' chips" rules or the "if you draw your own name its Houseguest's Choice." If its the first one then I guess they just draw a new chip and leave it on the cutting room floor. If its the latter then I guess technically it would be a second HG Choice in a row.

So if Christmas drew her own name and picked Josh and then she picked Josh's name then he should be able to pick someone.

But if Christmas draws "Houseguest's Choice" and picks Josh and then picks "Josh" she should have to pick a new chip.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

What was the punchline for Alex? I can't figure it out aside from something sexual

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Papa John Misty posted:

What was the punchline for Alex? I can't figure it out aside from something sexual

I'm pretty sure it was "pussy"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Did Zingbot make Mark cry?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
That looked more like they pulled that DR from when Elena got bounced or something.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

I guess it depends on if they're doing the "two 'Houseguest's Choice' chips" rules or the "if you draw your own name its Houseguest's Choice." If its the first one then I guess they just draw a new chip and leave it on the cutting room floor. If its the latter then I guess technically it would be a second HG Choice in a row.

Do they alternate between the "HG choice" chips and putting the people drawing's names in the bucket?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Muddy Burphy posted:

Do they alternate between the "HG choice" chips and putting the people drawing's names in the bucket?

My understanding is that when they have 2 nominees they just have each nominee and the HOH pick a chip and there's 2 Houseguest Choice chips in the bag. But when there's three nominees they can't do that because only 2 people would get a chance to draw chips. So they remove the HG Choice chips and the HOH just draws 2 names. If one of the names drawn is a nominee then its a default "Houseguest's Choice."

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I understand voting for Mark, but why not take the first strike at one of the couples? Someone is going to have to do it. Why not do it the week you're in power?

Also, kind of funny Matt and Raven are considered a power couple when I don't think they've done anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well, Mark's been gunning for Christmas since Week 1 and they fought just last week with him saying he'd send her home again. So ultimately even though Christmas obviously has been thinking of busting up one of the duos it makes sense for her to see Mark as a more immediate threat. He might not be able to win the game but if he wins a HOH he can take her or Josh out. She and Josh (and Paul) seem like they're in a solid position after this week with Matt/Raven and Jason/Alex gunning for each other and Kevin as a wildcard target.

Mark's made a real mess of his game. In another season he could probably convince Alex, Jason, Paul, and Kevin that he's only a threat to Christmas and Josh and they should keep him and take out Matt. But Mark's flopped back and forth so many times and spent last weak threatening to take out Alex, Jason, and Paul so no one really can feel comfortable making a deal with him at this stage. That seems like the conclusion Josh and Christmas came to with the deal he offered them before POV. It may sound good but Mark's pattern has been to just offer the same deal to whoever is in power next week.

Then you have the individual game goals where everyone kind of wants to take Christmas and Josh to the end as easier people to beat so you don't really want to piss them off by keeping Mark against their wishes.

Re: Matt/Raven, they may suck but 2 votes is really powerful this deep in the game. And the lower the number of people get the more likely one of them finally win something just because the numbers are thin.

• Locked thread