Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

What is even going on in here. All I do is get off the train and walk home, and suddenly there's pages upon pages of not-even-CIG-screwing-up-yet. What will happen when they do present something if this is how it is now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm a Logitech person, mostly because they're the ones who realized that trackballs are the natural evolution of the computer mouse

no joke i used to have a trackball. hard to believe, i know!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Some easy listening orchestral stuff to pass the time until CIG fails at something again :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFQLw5_N2o

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Just posting in this thread hoping to get a better avatar.

wont happen. Derek wont change yours, nor mine.

i would actually be really sad if someone changed mine. Id have to piss g0m off again to get a new one.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Holy crap. I just notices Sandi is wearing a safety pin in her shirt in this gif:

I'm guessing someone ripped her "best marketing VP evar" sign off?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

What is even going on in here. All I do is get off the train and walk home, and suddenly there's pages upon pages of not-even-CIG-screwing-up-yet. What will happen when they do present something if this is how it is now?

just post your mice like the rest of us

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

spacetoaster posted:

Holy crap. I just notices Sandi is wearing a safety pin in her shirt in this gif:

No, it was briefly a trendy thing for celebrities to do.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/why-people-are-wearing-safety-pins-trumps-win-946516

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

No it's some thing about showing $oppressedgroup (I forget which one exactly) that you're an "ally".

Because we live in a world where apparently it's rare enough to not be a total shithead that you're supposed to wear a symbol to advertise it.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Dammit, I saw all the posts in this thread and thought something had happened at GamesCom, but it's mostly just Derek avatar meltdown chat.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

uh oh, do reddiors know sandi is an ess jay double ewe?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

spacetoaster posted:

Its from the holiday stream last year where she thought they had cut away to something else. (they were perpetually 5 seconds late in cutting so there were a bunch of these)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

Its from the holiday stream last year where she thought they had cut away to something else. (they were perpetually 5 seconds late in cutting so there were a bunch of these)

That's a nice avatar you got there.

Would be a shame if something happened to it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

big nipples big life posted:

uh oh, do reddiors know sandi is an ess jay double ewe?

They probably respect her capitalist marketing chops for trying to co-opt it to drive more attention and money at the BDSSE

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

That's a nice avatar you got there.

Would be a shame if something happened to it.

Holy poo poo this AV owns thank you.

Also holy poo poo there actually is an admiral bekhar I just typed random nonsense. also CIG stole the name Nox from me.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

The best part about catching up to the last 8 pages was watching Derek's avatar change with each new page.

Also, I must be crazy but I'm genuinely getting excited for Gamescom now, I can't wait to see what disasters amazing gameplay CIG will bring to the event the next few days. Sadly, I'll be at a wedding on Friday so I'll miss the main event but I'll be sure to bring my ipad and see this thread's reaction from the hotel room that evening.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

dem reddizen

"I doubt there's any walls or limitations around any of the moons. This must be the same build that was played on by PC gamer. If you actually look at the dates it matches up perfectly. We'll probably see the follow up to that playthrough in the next few days. Which makes they theory basically correct. My theory was that if CIG were to allow PC gamer a playthrough, a full play through I might add, and only gave them a month to hold back then they had the game in a realistic playable version. A version they would be confident to show at Gamescon as well as feel Comfortable enough to let players test."

MVP confirmed.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

zcrow posted:

sandi's favorite razer product is the one shes chops up her coke with

Holy poo poo :five:

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

CIG Marketing has finally hit its master stroke. By blinding us all with an avatar war, we'll be too busy fighting amongst ourselves to see the flaws in the pre-3.0 patch.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

just post your mice like the rest of us

Can't — mine just gave out and I have to get a new one. What's a really cheap but sturdy bluetooth one?

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Natron posted:

CIG Marketing has finally hit its master stroke. By blinding us all with an avatar war, we'll be too busy fighting amongst ourselves to see the flaws in the pre-3.0 patch.

what flaws. The issue council has been barely active for months now. Almost all bugs have been duly smashed.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

what flaws. The issue council has been barely active for months now. Almost all bugs have been duly smashed.

I heard it's only going to take them 15 months and a few scope reductions to fix it! Get HYPE!!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Natron posted:

We're way too fighty to be able to be distracted by a unitary fighty target. There's enough fight to go around and then some.*

Tippis posted:

Can't — mine just gave out and I have to get a new one. What's a really cheap but sturdy bluetooth one?

Anything you get from Citrix for attending a sales pitch. More seriously, I'm loving the G602 at the moment, but it uses a dongle rather than BT. My 'travelling' mouse is an MS Arc; extremely good folding mouse.

* In the original Orc: WEEZ DED FITEY AN CAN FITE EVERYFIN WIVOUT EGGS...EX...EGOS...JUS EVERYFIN.

Hav fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 22, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

Anything you get from Citrix for attending a sales pitch.

Citrix. They hosed that one up after 6.5.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

I think only Microsoft makes decent and cheapish bluetooth mice :shrug:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

I don't touch their desktop or application stuff; I just get to beta-test their load-balancing solutions (that they failed to test on Juniper kit, leading to a weird hard fault with LLDP). They throw bags and mice at us.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hav posted:

Anything you get from Citrix for attending a sales pitch.

Had to google this.

:laffo: so loving greasy you can see the pores on the photographer. And that's from their webpage no less

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Colostomy Bag posted:

My dad was a VP at Citrix way back in the 90s early 2000s and as a kid I got an insane amount of Citrix swag. They had take your kid to work day and I ended up with an entire bag full of puzzles markers pens etc.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 22, 2017

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone give me some links and I will post them.
https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd
Someone who uses our Discord can post a link since I don't have it.

Here's an optimistic countdown timer for the big show:
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/taxday?iso=20170825T21&p0=311&msg=Chris+Roberts+Presents&font=sanserif

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Posting from the past, but this tickled my fancy in the AV Wars 3.0

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Can confirm the Gigabyte XM300 is a cool and good mouse that doesn't cost the earth

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I'm writing. Yay!

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
Bootcha checking out the ruckus.

edit: lowtax catte after the avatar war

Polish Avenger fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 22, 2017

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Bootcha posted:

I'm writing. Yay!

As the ELE foretold!

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I'd hate to be strapped into this thing when the server sends your mustang into 100RPM mode.

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/900024256108670979

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

I don't touch their desktop or application stuff; I just get to beta-test their load-balancing solutions (that they failed to test on Juniper kit, leading to a weird hard fault with LLDP). They throw bags and mice at us.

Well I hate to diverge this constant on-topic thread, but Citrix was basically RDS on steroids in the early days. It was still a mess and manageable (somewhat Windows related, but they tried to improve the bane of our existence which are printers.) Then they got the bright idea to do VDI. Which is cool, there was definitely a need. But then they basically killed off the RDS portion with desktop sharing and that was it. Not every place needs or has the resources to implement a VDI model when one can do GPO and keep a mini-farm humming along delivering the RDS experience.

Parp.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

his nibs posted:

Posting from the past, but this tickled my fancy in the AV Wars 3.0

I'm glad my suggestion is dead

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

I think only Microsoft makes decent and cheapish bluetooth mice :shrug:

Ugh. And I take it that going Logitech adds a zero to the price?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Not every place needs or has the resources to implement a VDI model when one can do GPO and keep a mini-farm humming along delivering the RDS experience.

Any place where I'm asked to do anything with virtualized desktop images will shortly suffer from a catastrophic arson attack. I didn't spend decades in IT to go back there. To _users_.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Did Derek already concede defeat in the Avatar War of 2017?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Did Derek already concede defeat in the Avatar War of 2017?

He's been in a 6-hour long phone call with his bank trying to chargeback Lowtax Thread Industries over his stupid donations.