Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Will I be able to travel through a series of brown textures to shoot grayish white people while possibly being a cat in Barkley 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006

Nessus posted:

Will I be able to travel through a series of brown textures to shoot grayish white people while possibly being a cat in Barkley 2?

This is such a pedestrian question. *sigh* All of the glorious art assets in The Magical Realm of Tir na Nog - Escape From Necron 7: Revenge of Cuchulainn - The Official Game of the Movie: Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa are hand-drawn 2d pixellated artistic works ("pixel art") hand illustrated by Frankie, pbhn.

The shooting of the game's various gun's will be at all kinds of targets, not simply "grayish white people".

You play as X114JAM9, an amnesiac baller, as stated in the Original Post (OP) of this forum thread, not a feline (cat).

You're welcome for indulging your question with an answer, sir.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Nessus posted:

There is a sewer level, yes.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Barkley 2 exists as a thumb drive hidden somewhere on Earth. The truth is out there and you can only find it if you assemble a myriad of clues hidden through out the original Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden, ToG social media posts and hacked versions of the original rom of Shut Up and Jam.

The game is afoot.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Chas McGill posted:

I'm only looking forward to two computer games - this, and Dark Souls 2.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
They should release the unfinished game as Episode 1, announce Episode 2 as the same game only with a bunch of bug fixes, and then never release Episode 2.

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

dont be mean fellas they dressed a guy as a wizard remembber XD

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Barkle

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I heard that Barfly #The Two is out.

Confirm/Deny?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

What? what are you attempting to convey?

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Dunno if dota2 Official Trading Card Game counts as a video game.

Well I know *someone* who won't be getting their hands on my foil melee creep

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Has there been an update yet

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Uncle Wemus posted:

Has there been an update yet

https://twitter.com/TalesOfGames/status/900036240174481409

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my god it lives

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
drat he got dunked.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

holy poo poo is that a screenshot from what is presumably the first five minutes?? well i stand corrected

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
The first five minutes of boogaloo2 are worth more than ur hole life subhuman

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

holy poo poo is that a screenshot from what is presumably the first five minutes?? well i stand corrected

The tutorial is going to be the length of Barkley 1

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

why is he wearing a diaper

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

yes! haha... yes!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ah, I see they're going for the Square-Enix method of proving game development is happening.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Okay but how's the Switch port going?

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

...!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Line Feed posted:

fetish on the part of the devs

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
tag yourself I'm the first e in Mysteriouse, happy to have a friend at long last

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Line Feed posted:

donation incentive was met

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
ah, a screenshot from an area we've seen since 2012 and using really funny jokes we've seen since 2012. i am supremely confident that this won't be like the dozens of other times these past 5 years in which they've popped up suddenly to claim everything is good and normal only to fade back into silence immediately after

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

"Get Bent"

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

haha yeah, i love post-irony. i'm sure their script from 2012 is very good and will definitely play in 2017

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

WarpDogs posted:

haha yeah, i love post-irony. i'm sure their script from 2012 is very good and will definitely play in 2017

I agree!

for instance, Barkley 1 holds up great!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

in fairness it is really good. the thing i like most about it is its completeness

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
...barky is real...

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I watch Frankie work on really awesome pixel art for hours and hours and hours. It would be a shame if none of it ever even gets used.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
If you skip to 50 minutes in this video he's playing around with the bullet effects for all the bazillion different types of gunzs.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/165500094

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

wow hahaa this is still a thing

why is it taking so long? Making a videogame can't be that hard...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
borklor is real and my friend

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

frajaq posted:

wow hahaa this is still a thing

why is it taking so long? Making a videogame can't be that hard...

it's a Deep Game

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
why are people impatient? this is a hobby project and while they did get money to help them build it, its not enough for them to work full time or hire a marketer. People whining about it just makes it feel like a chore. They made the 2023 joke because its funny and also to let people know that theres no real deadline for their hobby project. Theres other more important tasks for the devs to do than appease the people that are just going to whine again when they dont see an update. idk if they've ever announced a game they were building before release like they did this one, but i really doubt they will after realizing that appeasing the community is annoying as gently caress. Just wait for the game. Why is it so important for it to come out soon?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i can understand being annoyed if you threw a hundo neo-shekels at the project when it said it was coming late 2013. but i didn't so im waiting patiently for barkley 2. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

obstipator posted:

why are people impatient? this is a hobby project and while they did get money to help them build it, its not enough for them to work full time or hire a marketer. People whining about it just makes it feel like a chore. They made the 2023 joke because its funny and also to let people know that theres no real deadline for their hobby project. Theres other more important tasks for the devs to do than appease the people that are just going to whine again when they dont see an update. idk if they've ever announced a game they were building before release like they did this one, but i really doubt they will after realizing that appeasing the community is annoying as gently caress. Just wait for the game. Why is it so important for it to come out soon?

some people consider it bad form to ask for a bunch of money from people and then never deliver what you told them you'd deliver. then there are the people like you who make it all possible