Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Speaking of 2K, this is great and I hope somebody recorded it
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/899692287357325312

quote:

[...]

Some players get legitimately angry and make it known to Singh and Manning.

“We get a lot of private messages from guys that are pretty harsh,” Singh said. “Last year, for example, Dion Waiters flipped out about his rating – and his rating was pretty good too. I want to say he was rated an 83 at the beginning of last year and, while he ended up having an excellent year, it felt fair at the time. He was just livid, though.”

[...]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

quote:

[...]

“Honestly, two of our biggest gripers in terms of rating have been our last two cover athletes in the year that they were on the cover,” Singh said. “There’s video of Kyrie finding out his 90 rating this year and he wasn’t happy. Last year, PG was an 89. Really, there’s very little difference between an 89 and a 90. But it’s about perception, and it means a lot to guys because it’s a round number and some guys view the 90s as the top tier. When PG found out he was an 89, he was like, ‘I don’t understand…’ Both Kyrie and PG asked, ‘Doesn’t being the cover athlete give us a bump? Shouldn’t we be higher?’ That didn’t stop them from being extremely cooperative and loving the game, but we did hear from those guys.”

[...]

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

quote:

[...]

“I can’t say I’ve looked at my 2K rating in about 10 years,” Philadelphia 76ers shooting guard JJ Redick said. “Although I did come across my digital likeness from NBA Live a couple years ago and it made me look like a drunk meth addict (laughs).”

[...]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

quote:

Philadelphia 76ers shooting guard JJ Redick

I like the sound of that

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

(laughs nervously, eyes darting side to side)

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Lockback posted:

You'll end up having to pay your draft pick anyway. A guy on a rookie contract is not leading a team to contention. So the contract piece is going to need to be considered either way.

But you are automatically getting less value per your salary cap dollar since it is a veteran max. So you have to outperform on the rest of your spend, while only getting lower value picks and lesser FAs.

A top 20 player means you might never have the best player in a playoff series, so how does that help you win playoff games, unless your current team has something better already?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/900039901252538368

How they gonna disrespect my boy Lu like that.

I don't get it - is THE CAPTAIN buried under a pile of compression sleeves somewhere in the background

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

xbilkis posted:

I don't get it - is THE CAPTAIN buried under a pile of compression sleeves somewhere in the background

who's the white guy standing behind Horace, and next to Jimmy.

Edit: Probably Kukoc now that I think about it.

Maybe Kirk is behind Rodman.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 22, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

xbilkis posted:

There's a white player we can't really see and another player who we can only see his sock and shoe so maybe

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I see at least 5 players in the background, on the court, that you can't identify.

Also 3 more hidden in the shadows around the lower bowl.

Eddy Curry is peeking out from inside the middle of the "D" in United Center logo.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 22, 2017

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Dexo posted:

who's the white guy standing behind Horace, and next to Jimmy.

Edit: Probably Kukoc now that I think about it.

Maybe Kirk is behind Rodman.

Probably Jerry Sloan

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

How long till a player gets a contract with a performance incentive of getting at least a rating of 85 in NBA 2K.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Shear Modulus posted:

How long till a player gets a contract with a performance incentive of getting at least a rating of 85 in NBA 2K.

tweeting this to morey

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/900090090407546880

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
kyrie looks like your moms new boyfriend

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

RCarr posted:

Have you ever watched basketball before?

The sultan of swat? (the sultan of swat?)

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Kibner posted:

I still maintain that he looks like Matt Barnes now.

I thought that and didn't believe it was kyrie and either way it's unsettling

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This makes me tired just watching

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYGipRnhqiM/

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

zoux posted:

This makes me tired just watching

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYGipRnhqiM/

one of those trainers should be putting up weak layups for him to swat

dunking on both ends makes no sense

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Fred Hoiberg (known for plucking timely film references from the late 1970s and early 1980s to inspire his players) has selected the 2018 Bulls theme. In February 1985 a film titled The Breakfast Club was released and suburbia would never be the same again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLqQv79ofXQ

I have some faith the Bulls will reach double-digit wins this season even if Wade abandons the Titanic while it suffers a nuclear meltdown.

cisneros posted:

Probably Jerry Sloan

Jerry Sloan is #4 and visible.

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/NBA2K/status/900039901252538368

How they gonna disrespect my boy Lu like that.

Chet Walker seems missing. I'm glad Gilmore is on there considering how he's rarely mentioned.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RCarr posted:

Have you ever watched basketball before?

I'm a can who only got into basketball during the 2016 finals and really only knew of the big names.

No poo poo I thought Kawhi Leonard was like a new player but I guess he's won a finals before??

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

verbal enema posted:

I'm a can who only got into basketball during the 2016 finals and really only knew of the big names.

No poo poo I thought Kawhi Leonard was like a new player but I guess he's won a finals before??

Well, that's better than a can't, at least you've got a good attitude going for you. Follow the *******, that'll all change.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Do yourself a favor and search for highlights for the following players: Gilbert Arenas, Amare Stoudemare, Dwight Howard magic, and Baron Davis

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Metapod posted:

Do yourself a favor and search for highlights for the following players: Gilbert Arenas, Amare Stoudemare, Dwight Howard magic, and Baron Davis

Zach Randolph Knicks, Nate rob Knicks, Both versions of So Right (JR Smith theme song),

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/900115326175784961

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

"That guy that broke his hip and we beat 5-0 in two years? Want him"

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

That seems insanely, insanely ridiculous

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't think that trade helps either really

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Like if that's true Gilbert might as well poo poo on Lebrons lawn or key his car. Trade Kyrie to a goddamn conference rival like that for loving Isiah Thomas? Christ

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Genius for Cleveland. If they then add Wade they can get to 3 Alphas.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kyrie hates Cleveland and want's out.

So it helps the Cavs get rid of a malcontent player.

IT is an expiring contract, so it wouldn't lock up the Cavs when Lebron leaves and would give them more cap flexibility.

and Boston doesn't have to pay the 5'9 point guard waaaaaaay too much money.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
The offseason that can never die stretches on

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Kawhi kind of won the finals because at the time he was the second or third best player on that team

Metapod posted:

then when you're ready for advanced basketball theory you can't go wrong with this thread favorite

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KSK77Asxhpo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I thought it was law that stars that leave their current team must go west? Kyrie not a star confirmed?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

bad move for boston. kyrie will play a lot more cautious that close to the edge of the earth.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

This...makes...sense?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Trading the first pick of the draft for the last pick of the draft, it's a beauty of symmetry?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Enema, also Google for NBA Art of War. It is old and low res but has a ton of loving awesome dunks and blocks.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Dexo posted:

Kyrie hates Cleveland and want's out.

So it helps the Cavs get rid of a malcontent player.

IT is an expiring contract, so it wouldn't lock up the Cavs when Lebron leaves and would give them more cap flexibility.

and Boston doesn't have to pay the 5'9 point guard waaaaaaay too much money.

xbilkis posted:

This...makes...sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

xbilkis posted:

This...makes...sense?

Yea considering LeBron is gone soon and Kyrie doesn't want to be there...I don't hate it.
e: it feels like it makes more sense for Cleveland than Boston tho

• Locked thread