Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Hence why I'm looking forward to the Muyib resculpt box and new Hassassin starter. I already have the old starter, but can always use more Daylami / generic rifle Muyibs. My Minelayer Fazan did great in games this past weekend, so I'm hype to see what two can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Xaerael posted:

I need to try the Farzan minelayer "you can't leave your DZ without getting blown the gently caress up" bullshittery next.
Minelayer Farzans are one of my go-to options for loving with people.

I played in the Friday Night Firefight tournament at GenCon this weekend. Just like last year, it was a ton of fun. Everyone was super chill and the tables were gorgeous. The missions were Safe Zone, (which I won 7-1 against Steel Phalanx), Biotechvore (which I lost 1-10 against Bakunin), and Supremacy (which I won 7-3 against Military Orders). In the end I placed 7th out of I think 18 or 20 entrants, so I was pretty stoked. The guy who beat me - no, absolutely loving destroyed me - in Biotechvore was the overall winner.

I was so focused on the games that I completely forgot to take photos, but one of the big bloggers was there taking pictures and video, so I'm sure they'll be posted somewhere soon if not already. It was cool for me because none of the forces I faced are really represented in our meta. I learned to hate Sin Eaters in a big way (though to be fair, the Bakunin player was making some pretty epic saves, even after I hit him with a flamethrower), and learned that a 5-man Hospitallers link led by DeFersen is loving scary (in addition to being a massive whack of points in one place). But a Janissary with a Missile Launcher is a pretty good answer to tightly-packed heavy infantry as it turns out. In my first game, Husam Yasbir was a loving champ with his CC 22 and Viral CCW; he wiped out Alke and the rest of her Enomotarchos link by himself.

But I think the coolest part was sitting there waiting for the second round to start, looking across the tables at some random dude spectating, and recognizing him as Angel Giraldez. He too is super chill (and was kind enough to sign the copy of his "Masterclass Vol. 2" I'd picked up at the WarStore booth the day before). All in all, I had a great time and look forward to doing it again next year.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Ok, now I'm jealous.

That sounds awesome Ilor, what else was the Bakunin player running?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Ok, now I'm jealous.

That sounds awesome Ilor, what else was the Bakunin player running?

Kusanagi in a Haris link, a Reverend Moira, Reverend Healer, a Clockmaker, a Minelayer Zero, a Reaktion Zond, a Lunokhod with goop gun and Crazy Koalas, and Bran do Castro. I made a critical error in not trying to discover Castro with my Farzan when I had the chance, which led to my al'Hawwa hacker getting summarily ganked. At least he put the Reaktion Zond into Isolated before he went down.

Ilor fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 21, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Would anyone be interested in the pano half of beyond icestorm or haq half of beyond red veil? Not had much luck finding people locally to split with.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Xaerael posted:

I need to try the Farzan minelayer "you can't leave your DZ without getting blown the gently caress up" bullshittery next.
Remember that deployables deploy in the same area as their owner, e.g. if you don't wanna roll for infiltration, you deplooy both the minelayer and the mine in your half of the table.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Also, if you fail your infiltration roll, you lose the mine you tried to lay (i.e. you only have 2 left).

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I painted a lot of poo poo this month.

Not pictured are four more MBs and a Garuda that I've given away to their new owners.

Rodoks. :effort: Drones came out nicely, though.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I also have a Pano half of Beyond Icestorm to sell

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Khisanth Magus posted:

Would anyone be interested in the pano half of beyond icestorm or haq half of beyond red veil? Not had much luck finding people locally to split with.

Deviant posted:

I also have a Pano half of Beyond Icestorm to sell

Hey what a coincidence, me too

fortunately I already have a potential buyer lined up

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

new stuff new stuff new stuff

Umbra for me, but that's about it

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Getting that Shikami so god drat hard. Can't wait until they put him in Imperial Service.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Why would they put a japanman into ISS other than the fact theyre steadily giving everything to that sectorial.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Where is my loving Nexus op CB?

Also, buying the poo poo out of the new HB starter. Birthday month too.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

theyre steadily giving everything to that sectorial.

There are already Japanese in that sectorial anyways :smug:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Xaerael posted:

Where is my loving Nexus op CB?

Also, buying the poo poo out of the new HB starter. Birthday month too.

december friend, we will be strong

its my birthday in two days, my brother is getting me ko dali and la muet :)

S.J. posted:

There are already Japanese in that sectorial anyways :smug:
second rate like they deserve to be

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

hey gently caress you okay man

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Flipswitch posted:

december friend, we will be strong

its my birthday in two days, my brother is getting me ko dali and la muet :)

Ko is insane. She can carry you to victory like no other.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Finally took a picture of all of my painted Haqqislam as a group:

I started with all of the cheapest stuff first, so all told I think it's only like 312 points. :cripes:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Angus, you traitor!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Cat Face Joe posted:

Angus, you traitor!
That's Hassassin Fidayngus. He's in disguise. Can't you tell by the ridiculous moustache?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Xaerael posted:

Ko is insane. She can carry you to victory like no other.

Yea I've just proxied my Fraacta since they came out but I need to get the model to winggirl alongside my Avatar.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Ilor posted:

That's Hassassin Fidayngus. He's in disguise. Can't you tell by the ridiculous moustache?

Looks like an unfortunate underling of a third-world dictator.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Ilor posted:

u monster

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ilor posted:

bahahaha

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ilor posted:

Holy poo poo lol

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Glorious.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Ilor posted:

This is so good.

Also, if anyone's looking to get some Haqq, I have some old stuff up for sale

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Ilor posted:

:lol:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Ilor posted:

Lmao, I was going to do this too, but I was going to resculpt the face so he had a comedy Groucho Marx disguise on.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
New profiles out for outrage - plus new druze profiles. They all get fatality, and vital pistols are quite common. Core, Harris, and duo links.

That's a damage 16 hmg for those of you playing at home.

Wonder if these will become the standard?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Pidgin Englishman posted:

New profiles out for outrage - plus new druze profiles. They all get fatality, and vital pistols are quite common. Core, Harris, and duo links.

That's a damage 16 hmg for those of you playing at home.

Wonder if these will become the standard?

Link please! I've been pondering on trying Druze out.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
https://www.infinitythegame.com/missions-infinity-outrage

Jethro is also an option - msv2 sniper.

It really makes me want a Druze army..

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Eclipse 'nade Druze. Please let these be actual straight up new profiles, and not just for Outrage stuff...

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Any new sectorial on the horizon? Eyeballing e new hassassin starter as a side project and want to make sure in not Corning myself out of any other options

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

w00tmonger posted:

Any new sectorial on the horizon? Eyeballing e new hassassin starter as a side project and want to make sure in not Corning myself out of any other options

At least one to five years.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

w00tmonger posted:

Hassassins are great, but get ready to learn how to abuse a ton of stuff that never really comes up usually. They play very differently to most other things, I guess Shasvastii are the closest, but still nothing like them.

Abuse impersonators by keeping enemy aro pieces in perpetual smoke, surprise cc with Yasbir "king of gotcha, what do you mean that rifle guy was really a viral wielding murder machine?!" in a Muyib link, Asawira-Muyib-Muyib harris is brutal (medic and smoke). Also, Farzan minelayers are one of the best roadblocks the game has.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So looking at the JSA starter (a friend is getting into the game) I don't think I'd recommend this box. The sculpts are garbage and the best model (Kemp) can be bought separately. Am I wrong here? Judging by the Hass Bros getting resculpted I can see this box being redone within 6 months.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Bostria said there would be a number of JSA resculpts next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Yeah, I'd say Red Veil is the way to go right now. JSA starter is showing it's age.

• Locked thread