Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Whoops wrong thumb!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Orv posted:

Burn the witch.

It makes an audible pop sound too. :v:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

where did the nail go

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 22, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i can bend my fingers all the way back to my hand but that would be really hard to take a picture of

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

why does mine look different than everyone else's?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

black.lion posted:

why does mine look different than everyone else's?

Megan Fox alt spotted

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is designed to occupy the genetic oddities and keep them out of the gene pool, got it

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Fauxtool posted:

This game is designed to occupy the genetic oddities and keep them out of the gene pool, got it

Incorrect, it is an intergalactic simulation on how to eliminate the male sex of an entire alien species so that you can have that thicc waifu strange all to yourself. i think there's some sort of plot regarding a giant ben-wah ball in the sky being captured, but that hasn't been 100% confirmed, yet...

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

No, that's just this forum.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Flexible fingers make for better video game playing. Fat, bread stick fingers do not.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Don't breadstickfingershame

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I'll be that weird guy who uses his XIM4 keybindings on PC since I'm so used to them. Hello (G + Spacebar) to pop my super.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

deathbagel posted:

Someone told me this thread had my nose.

I got your nose

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prophecy120 posted:

I'll be that weird guy who uses his XIM4 keybindings on PC since I'm so used to them. Hello (G + Spacebar) to pop my super.

Yeah, I'm really wondering just how customizable everything is going to be, because I'm sort of in the same boat. Except I use a move nav controller instead of a keyboard, so as much as I'd like to think that I'm going to use the same exact inputs as my XIM, I'm still not sure that it's even going to be possible.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You can reassign any and every single keybind in the game, there's even a separate button to charge grenades somehow.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
i mean grenade charging was in the console beta, nice that PC has it as a separate keybind tho. That's cool

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Don't tell Moist Turtleneck but we got new nvidia drivers for the PC beta up~

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/123219

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress they are doing the GTX1080 bundles again. I couldn't even get a proper refund on the copy I already bought even if I wanted to, since I bought Blizzard cards instead of paying cash. I guess I could get $60 worth of emotes? I saw Slow Clap in that patrol teaser.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Don't buy $60 worth of emotes please

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol I won't, I probably just sell the key for $40 on samart or w/e

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

This joint isn't supposed to be especially GPU-intensive is it? Do we know anything about possible PC bottlenecks?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

black.lion posted:

Do we know anything about possible PC bottlenecks?

At least one: the release date.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

black.lion posted:

This joint isn't supposed to be especially GPU-intensive is it? Do we know anything about possible PC bottlenecks?

It depends on if you want 4K or not.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

black.lion posted:

you'll be fine as long as you arent 4k probs

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

black.lion posted:

We'll find out in a few days. The closest analog I can think of is The Division, since both games use an enormous amount of fancy graphical effects and particles in wide open areas. At 4k resolution my 6600k @ 4.6ghz only sees about 60-70% usage on all four cores but the 1080ti hovers around 80-90% in the middle of fights with shitloads of flamethrowers, grenades, debris flying everywhere, etc.

CPUs are so strong nowadays that bottlenecks in 90% of cases is down to the GPU. In any case Bungie has confirmed that resolution scaling exists in the PC version so any GPU bottlenecks can sorted by lowering it.

I think Destiny 2 will actually run even better than The Division PC, since the engine isn't as advanced or complex.

My educated guess would be that if you have a modern quad core (i5 and Ryzen 5 series) you'll be fine like such at high settings:
GTX 970 or 1060 = 1080p60
GTX 1070 = 1440p60
GTX 1080 = 3440*1440p60
GTX 1080 ti = 4K60

TLDR: if you can run The Division, that's your approximate equivalent performance/setting for D2

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 24, 2017

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Bungie's official word, for what it's worth:

quote:

Recommended
CPU - Intel Core i5-7400
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Minimum
CPU - Intel Pentium G4560
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB

Bungie’s Event Machine
CPU – Intel i7-7700k
GPU – Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB

That minimum CPU recommendation says it all really. Concentrate on GPU performance unless you're running an i3 from 3+ generations ago

Here's a slightly spoilery trailer for the EDZ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqCJ9V7eVM4

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

sadnessboner posted:

That minimum CPU recommendation says it all really. Concentrate on GPU performance unless you're running an i3 from 3+ generations ago

Here's a slightly spoilery trailer for the EDZ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqCJ9V7eVM4

gently caress yes. I cannot wait.

Preordering now. I miss the Destiny universe.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

sadnessboner posted:

Welp. That NPC animation looked straight out of a BioWare joint. I still think it's weird that they brought Gideon Emery in to voice a 2nd character rather than just expanding his existing role if they liked him so much, and cast someone new for the new role. My guess is we're not seeing Reef cryptarch at all in this game.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
we're not going to the reef so that's not surprising

Orv
May 4, 2011

DrNutt posted:

Welp. That NPC animation looked straight out of a BioWare joint. I still think it's weird that they brought Gideon Emery in to voice a 2nd character rather than just expanding his existing role if they liked him so much, and cast someone new for the new role. My guess is we're not seeing Reef cryptarch at all in this game.

I like how the trauma of Andromeda has made everybody forget that "mouth moves vaguely in sync with words" has been standard and perfectly acceptable for like a decade and a half now. Not everybody is going to invent new tech for facial capture like CDPR did, especially when you probably talk to that guy twice in person.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Orv posted:

I like how the trauma of Andromeda has made everybody forget that "mouth moves vaguely in sync with words" has been standard and perfectly acceptable for like a decade and a half now. Not everybody is going to invent new tech for facial capture like CDPR did, especially when you probably talk to that guy twice in person.

I haven't forgotten poo poo and Bungie has done plenty better in the past. That was embarrassing, not that it will affect the stupid amount of time I will put into the game.

Orv
May 4, 2011

DrNutt posted:

I haven't forgotten poo poo and Bungie has done plenty better in the past. That was embarrassing, not that it will affect the stupid amount of time I will put into the game.

I mean that's the end result, right? Isn't going to stop it from consuming your life.

But yeah, it's rough.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im gonna play soon

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
Was there anything mentioned about how region locking is going to work? If it works like it does in D3 that's gonna be poo poo to play with non-EU goons. :smith:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Subbz posted:

Was there anything mentioned about how region locking is going to work? If it works like it does in D3 that's gonna be poo poo to play with non-EU goons. :smith:

The plan, last I heard, was global play. ActiBlizz is just providing services, not controlling regions or anything.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

Orv posted:

The plan, last I heard, was global play. ActiBlizz is just providing services, not controlling regions or anything.

Hopefully that's true. It'd suck to have to level and maintain two characters for US/EU.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Subbz posted:

Hopefully that's true. It'd suck to have to level and maintain two characters for US/EU.

don't worry there's gonna be so little content that you'll have at least two characters if you want to play more than two days a week

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Subbz posted:

In D1 I raided with Australian goons, did the PoE challenge with a Texan goon and I am in Europe.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Subbz posted:

There is no regionlocking I don't think, there wasn't any for Destiny 1, and there isn't any for overwatch on battle.net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Yo is this the Anthem thread?

• Locked thread