Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
god bless danny for being a dipshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Seems like something you need to see play out before calling it horrible but people want Ainge to be bad so sure, he's the worst

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Spacebump posted:

We are getting dangerously close to a 2k curse. The cover stars of 14, 15, and 17 switched teams within 2 years of being on the box.

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/900136680732188674

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If IT's hip is hosed, that's one thing

But I think this is as close to a best-case scenario for Cleveland in terms of getting a good return for Kyrie. This is the best trade package for a "star" all year, and Irving is pretty comfortably worse than George, Butler, Cousins and Paul

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha Danny Ainge finally pulls the trigger when the gun is in his own mouth

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

LETS

GO

https://twitter.com/ThompsonScribe/status/900136869228290049

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That is an unreal trade for the cavs unless IT is totally broken

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The best part about this is the Cavs and Celtics fans doing 180s on IT and Kyrie respectively

sportsgenius86 posted:

lmao

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
That's a lot of assets for Mr. Daniel Ainge to cough up. What were some of the deals available in the last 12 months that he passed on?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There will be many emergency pods lol

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

Seems like something you need to see play out before calling it horrible but people want Ainge to be bad so sure, he's the worst

Needing to see it play out is true but I also don't think much of Kyrie. If IT isn't broken though...

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Away all Goats posted:

The best part about this is the Cavs and Celtics fans doing 180s on IT and Kyrie respectively

How is that different from any big trade ever, that's what fans do

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Yall are crazy. Celtics won this deal. Especially if they beat Cleveland in the ECF this year and their team dissolves and then they own the conference.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Maybe Danny Ainge really did offer 50 picks for Frank Kaminsky

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jota posted:

Needing to see it play out is true but I also don't think much of Kyrie. If IT isn't broken though...

It's less about Kyrie and more about how bad ITs hip is to me. In peak form I maintain that IT is better

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Jota posted:

I can't believe this is real. Kyrie so overrated already and this happens good lord.

Holy poo poo yes. I am melting down a little over this.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

A team with a point guard rotation of IT, DRose, and Jose Calderon is going to the Finals. (unless LeBron gets hurt)

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Danny Ainge hoarded his assets and in the end still had to give up a core piece.

Tell me when the riots outside of TD Garden start

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Cool Buff Man posted:

How is that different from any big trade ever, that's what fans do

Most trades don't involve two teams that just went to the conference finals

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Libertine posted:

Yall are crazy. Celtics won this deal. Especially if they beat Cleveland in the ECF this year and their team dissolves and then they own the conference.

Unless IT collapses, I don't think swapping IT and Kyrie really moves the needle in a Boston-Cleveland series. Not to say that Boston isn't capable of beating Cleveland! Brad is still a boy genius and Hayward is a big addition

Cleveland was probably going to collapse next year anyway

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Libertine posted:

They gave up their best asset, their best player from last season, and their best role player. I think they could still be good because Haywards amazing, but the Cavs clearly won.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Spacebump posted:

A team with a point guard rotation of IT, DRose, and Jose Calderon is going to the Finals. (unless LeBron gets hurt)

Kyrie is going to poo poo can this lineup of players and that's why it's a win for Boston.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Libertine posted:

Nice if you got there, lmao.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Libertine posted:

Lol both of these things could've easily happened without doing a thing. Instead, they gave their biggest competitor depth and a really good shot at the top pick in next year's draft.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's less about Kyrie and more about how bad ITs hip is to me. In peak form I maintain that IT is better
He was much much better than him last season

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

thread title, Hand Knit

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/900137896807628801

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

They gave up their best asset, their best player from last season, and their best role player. I think they could still be good because Haywards amazing, but the Cavs clearly won.

It's really amazing, Danny Ainge spends years hoarding assets like a dragon and then decides to break the bank for... Kyrie Irving?
it's so perplexing.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/900137125923966976

Shams paying for that scoop already

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Artic Puma posted:

It's pretty weird that two teams that met in the conference finals and are decently likely to be back there are trading with each other, right?

It's an older style trade from back when teams both traded good players.

IT is the 2017 NP champion. The Cavaliers are most definitely going to the 2018 finals now.

Yea, IT has trash D even worse than Kyrie but his offense makes up for it easily. IT + LBJ = super elite scoring.

xbilkis posted:

Like gently caress...they weren't willing to move that pick for Jimmy Butler or Paul George while keeping IT, but they're fine with this???

:lol:

sportsgenius86 posted:

Danny Ainge :nws: :nms: suicide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVm88MX2Gw4

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

A PG rotation of IT, Rose, and Calderon where Calderon might be the healthiest of the 3

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Libertine posted:

Kyrie is going to poo poo can this lineup of players and that's why it's a win for Boston.

LeBron James will continue to poop on the Celtics. Plus JAE CROWDER WILL PLAY HARD DEFENSE

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

He was much much better than him last season

Agreed, most people never wanted to admit it until he was out of Boston tho

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

"Heralded"

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
LeBron is going to be so happy to finally play with his son.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lakers 1st*****

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Spacebump posted:

LeBron James will continue to poop on the Celtics. Plus JAE CROWDER WILL PLAY HARD DEFENSE

Yeah Crowder is a pretty drat nice upgrade from the corpse of Richard Jefferson

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I never thought I'd say this about Jae Crowder but he is literally the exact bench piece the Cavs needed

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/ChrisPalmerNBA/status/900122254595379200
👀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Crowder going to have some major grudge power against Boston

• Locked thread