Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

DarkRefreshment posted:

A night of regret, a high bar tab, and stains that only black lights can see

Pretty normal Tuesday in my book

amen brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

fargom posted:

Am I missing some other info here? is "Associate Producer" a high level position at CIG? I know different studios use the producer role differently, but an AP is firmly in the Entry Level / new Grad area at my employer, also I know tons of people who have gone from QA to Production Assistant or Associate Producer in that time range.

Is a single Associate producer really the "2ic - 2nd in charge" of the entire project? I'd assume they have tons and tons of associate producer folk.

We don't really know what any job position at CIG does. Being a producer in the movie business doesn't mean anything, but it usually means something in gaming. It's just that CIG is starting to look like their talent is fleeing, makes questionable employment decisions, hires straight out of school for their industry changing project, and they're having to elevate people due to desperation.

Edit: Oh, yeah, I'm not thinking that guy is second in charge of the project. More like he's second in charge of trying to fix Chris' broken mocap.

XK fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 23, 2017

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
If CIG really wanted to nail Gamescom they should have made a planetside farming simulator with hover-tractors and poo poo. Tell people the crops grow in real time but reset the instance for every new player so they never question why nothing is growing.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

fargom posted:

Am I missing some other info here? is "Associate Producer" a high level position at CIG? I know different studios use the producer role differently, but an AP is firmly in the Entry Level / new Grad area at my employer, also I know tons of people who have gone from QA to Production Assistant or Associate Producer in that time range.

Is a single Associate producer really the "2ic - 2nd in charge" of the entire project? I'd assume they have tons and tons of associate producer folk.

do you really have to even ask that here in fud central? he's trying to create something out of nothing, because nothing is all he has.

and the replies to this post will be on the order "nothing is what the backers have, commando"

etc.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

XK posted:

Do people pair hard liquor with things? I know that's common for wines, and even beers. But, distilled spirits? They go with everything, because they don't actually go with anything. I say this as someone who exclusively drinks hard liquor.

I've never thought to myself anything like, "Yes, this scotch/vodka/rum will pair very nicely with that burger/fish/ribs."

Hard liquor goes with whatever's in the snack bowl.

Walnuts or cheese or dried fruit kind of thing, yes?

Tequila and vodka are for drinking with salty snacks, though.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
there are game players at games con playin star citizen 3.0, you can see right there they're drivin a buggy around on a planet

this proves star citizen is real and 3.0 is the best release ever and will be out within days

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Lazrin posted:

do you really have to even ask that here in fud central? he's trying to create something out of nothing, because nothing is all he has.

and the replies to this post will be on the order "nothing is what the backers have, commando"

etc.

It's good to call it out, that we get a lot of armchair experts confused on stuff so you're not wrong there. It's also correct that the lack of anything being put out that works or functions as per all the promises made is all the damnation people should really need when it comes to this shitshow.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Lazrin posted:

etc.

A guy who was helping people choose glasses frames at Asda 3 years ago is now an associate producer for, I'd guess from his LinkedIn profile, Chris' precious mocap.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

AlbieQuirky posted:

Walnuts or cheese or dried fruit kind of thing, yes?

Tequila and vodka are for drinking with salty snacks, though.

Yup, snacky poo poo. SC is the jar of pickled eggs.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wait CIG still hasn't gotten their poo poo running again? Holy poo poo please let their idiot patcher loving up the bandwidth for an entire convention be the reason CIG is (in the words of Sandi) uber hosed.

Convention halls throttle your assigned connection(s). They can tank themselves but they can't tank the hall.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Lazrin posted:

etc.
nothing is what the backers have, commando

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Lazrin posted:

etc.

etc.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

XK posted:

Do people pair hard liquor with things? I know that's common for wines, and even beers. But, distilled spirits? They go with everything, because they don't actually go with anything. I say this as someone who exclusively drinks hard liquor.

I've never thought to myself anything like, "Yes, this scotch/vodka/rum will pair very nicely with that burger/fish/ribs."

Breakfast/brunch - Mimosa or a Bloody Mary.

Mexican food - Tequila. Straight up or a margarita on the rocks. Reposada preferred.

Sushi - Get some sake

Steak dinner - Martini. Made with gin.

Posting in this thread - A bottle of Thunderbird.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

fargom posted:

Admittedly, I don't work in an industry where "producer" is a job title. But I have done plenty of work for companies that are - and anything with "producer" in the title would be considered the equivalent of say "director" at an advisory firm. So as far as my experience is, it's executive-track at the very least, if not actually being entrusted to make high-level decisions.
The 2IC call was hyperbolic, but it wasn't a huge stretch.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

The Rabbi T. White posted:

He could be 2IC on one of the plethora of disparate modules.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

XK posted:

Single malt scotch goes amazingly well with high-end haggis. Rum goes with jerk chicken. I wouldn't be surprised if a nation's traditional spirit usually goes well with one of their traditional dishes.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Colostomy Bag posted:

Breakfast/brunch - Mimosa or a Bloody Mary.

Mexican food - Tequila. Straight up or a margarita on the rocks. Reposada preferred.

Sushi - Get some sake

Steak dinner - Martini. Made with gin.

Posting in this thread - A bottle of Thunderbird.

A) We're talking about straight up liquor. You don't make mixers with the fancy 85 year old poo poo.

B) What goes best with a sunset in a video game?

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Admittedly, I don't work in an industry where "producer" is a job title. But I have done plenty of work for companies that are - and anything with "producer" in the title would be considered the equivalent of say "director" at an advisory firm. So as far as my experience is, it's executive-track at the very least, if not actually being entrusted to make high-level decisions.

Gotcha.

I'm used to a progression of Associate -> Midlevel -> Senior I -> Senior II for Production/Project management, Engineer, and QA so my experience is probably completely tied to my studio. (blizzard)

As stated, I have no idea how CIG handles things, perhaps a producer is a much higher profile role than I'm accustomed to at a large studio.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016

associate producer is entry level fyi

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Single malt scotch goes amazingly well with high-end haggis. Rum goes with jerk chicken. I wouldn't be surprised if a nation's traditional spirit usually goes well with one of their traditional dishes.

Jim Beam and KFC :laugh:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Lazrin posted:

etc.

the meta in lazrin's posts is getting funnier as he has become one with the goon mentality to try and own us in return. Reminds me of Mark Wahlberg's character in The Other Guys how he took ballet lessons to make fun of the dance nerds

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

XK posted:

A) We're talking about straight up liquor. You don't make mixers with the fancy 85 year old poo poo.

B) What goes best with a sunset in a video game?

A) My apologies. I was reading the thread while drinking Thunderbird and responded the best I could with my cognitive abilities. You don't prance around a park and yank out a bottle of scotch. Although I will say a martini is really not a mixer.

B) A Hairy Roberts

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Any spirit goes with almost anything, as long as you're wanting to drink. I've just never heard of a chef suggesting flavor pairings of any dish with straight liquor.

Although, I do know of one combo that absolutely does not work. Gin with peanut M&Ms. Don't try that one. That's a nightmare.

We've all now put way more thought into CIG's dumbass ad than they have.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Lazrin posted:

Oh god my sides.

Entry level is the guy running out to get everyone's lunch orders because you're crunching through every meal break to kluge together something (not necessarily related to the supposed 'game' you're building) to put in front of an audience that doesn't fall apart when you look at it sideways at a major convention.

Though I guess if you're married to/running the internet's biggest fan club for the guy running the thing Associate Producer might be an entry level title...

EDIT:

XK posted:

Any spirit goes with almost anything, as long as you're wanting to drink. I've just never heard of a chef suggesting flavor pairings of any dish with straight liquor.

Although, I do know of one combo that absolutely does not work. Gin with peanut M&Ms. Don't try that one. That's a nightmare.

We've all now put way more thought into CIG's dumbass ad than they have.

Scotch followed by dark chocolate is the bee's knees, though it isn't a "dish" per se. Bonus points if you then do strawberries dipped in black pepper.

Beluga Snail fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 23, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Single malt scotch is so lovely it would go with eating grass clippings out of my lawn mower.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

lol :allears:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Lazrin posted:

This is wrong in case anyone doesn't know and is too lazy to do 5 minutes of searching by the way.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

thatguy posted:

This is wrong in case anyone doesn't know and is too lazy to do 5 minutes of searching by the way.

Nobody has time for that poo poo.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Maldoror posted:

there are game players at games con playin star citizen 3.0, you can see right there they're drivin a buggy around on a planet

this proves star citizen is real and 3.0 is the best release ever and will be out within days

Thanks for coming out to see us at Gamescon everyone!

It was a huge success and we simply can't wait for Gamescon 2018

After the testing everyone helped us do on the showroom floor, we've decided to hold back the 3.0 release until we have it just right.

We know all our faithful backers will understand, and see you around the 'verse

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

:tinfoil:

edit: catte tax

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 23, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Virtual Captain posted:

I'd hate to be strapped into this thing when the server sends your mustang into 100RPM mode.

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/900024256108670979

That's pretty cool! Good job, CIG! :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Propagandist posted:

yall quit bein weird

:3:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

its for the 600i, a luxury chariot for the discerning nipplejet spaceman

So will it be in the game before the other luxury yacht they sold some 3 or 4 years ago?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

big nipples big life posted:

derek only buys avatars for posters that have defeated him.

:respeck:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I beat Derek Smart :smuggo:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Harp all you want chief, until it sinks into the depths of the Atlantic I do not think you can criticize.

o7

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I beat Derek Smart :smuggo:

Now you'll have to take the mantle of anti-SC. Are you ready, commander?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Post-ception!