Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

donald trump is like your annoying little brother who holds his hand half an inch from your face smirking and yelling that he's not touching you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

coyo7e posted:

Why did the guy in the Navy hat and stars shirt not respond when Trump asks who's a veteran

STOLEN VALOR?!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Pellisworth posted:

something happened

r u sure? cause i'm not sure

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
We're making more veterans every day in wars that are now older than the children we're sentencing them to.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Trump passed the most legislation ever in the history of the presidency

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Paradoxish posted:

as ridiculous as the content of this speech is, I want to take a minute to point out that it's actually insane all on its own that a sitting president is holding a loving campaign rally three and a half years from the next presidential election

It's not about getting reelected. It's about feeding his narcissism in order to stave off existential dread.

The Glumslinger posted:

Probably

His dad had Alzheimers

Yep. This. And at about the same age too.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Clinton won a greater percentage in Arizona in 2016 than Obama did in both 2008 and 2012.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

I thought Arpaio only lost for budgetary reasons, basically he just kept getting sued and his opponent ran on "this poo poo costs money"

That's not exaclty a fundamental rejection of his policies

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

silicone thrills posted:

STOLEN VALOR?!

See also the dude to his right who sheepishly dropped his Veteran's for Trump sign.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Honestly...I'm bored.

This bores me.

Yeah it's a lovely incoherent and evil speech

It's no different from any other day with him in that regard.

It doesn't signal any meaningful shift in policy, there's no new rhetoric, it's just his latest personal jerkoff session.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Annointed posted:

r u sure? cause i'm not sure

i am sure we've had many words

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
"You won't believe what's going to happen, our military is going to make unbelievable sacrifices!"

What the poo poo?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Your Taint posted:

Lawrence ODonnell and his crew were just slaughtering him.

Yeah, I saw that part. He then threw to BriWi and Williams hasn't even bothered to go back to it in like 10 minutes. Trump's off in a separate window just gesticulating silently.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Ice Phisherman posted:

It's not about getting reelected. It's about feeding his narcissism in order to stave off existential dread.

I know why he does it. I just need to remind myself every now and then that this is 100% not normal and not just because of the things he's saying.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Trump actually said "Peace through Strength"

Caros
May 14, 2008

Our armed forces will make unbelievable sacrifices.

... to the orb.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Robot Hobo posted:

"You won't believe what's going to happen, our military is going to make unbelievable sacrifices!"

What the poo poo?

He is gonna order them to keep crashing into other ships

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Honestly...I'm bored.

This bores me.

It doesn't signal any meaningful shift in policy, there's no new rhetoric, it's just his latest personal jerkoff session.
True, this is not the "condemnation of non nazis" rally I was expecting.

Pellisworth posted:

i am sure we've had many words
words, yeah, those things

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I thought Arpaio only lost for budgetary reasons, basically he just kept getting sued and his opponent ran on "this poo poo costs money"

No, the newspapers in the state were HAMMERING him for years and it finally caught up to him. Paul Penzone was the same guy who ran against him 4 years earlier and he's a stand up guy who did a really good job with his messaging and fundraising in 2016. Arpaio lost because AZ became sick of how much he was costing us.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Holyshit unbelievable sacrifices!?

Kale
May 14, 2010

CNN Latest On Trump In Arizona posted:

Meanwhile, Melania Trump is thanking Chelsea Clinton on Twitter

Even CNN seems to be treating this like a joke now too

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Ixjuvin posted:

Trump actually said "Peace through Strength"

This phrase has officially been part of the Republican party platform for years, actually. At least since Reagan.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

if they still believd in him they wouldnt blme him for getting sued. he is not a political plus to trump or his staff wouldnt be trying so hard to avoid this pardon.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Still can't get over the fact that you voted in this loving shitbag. And then he proceeded to exit the Paris accord, loving over the rest of us.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I respect the fact that Kim Jong Un is starting to respect us

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
who did the audio for this presidential speech

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Spiritus Nox posted:

Honestly...I'm bored.

This bores me.

Exactly, I stopped watching because I realized in the end this is the same bullshit that he would spew for a year during the campaign.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

it's amazing that this human even understands how to operate a toilet

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

BWV posted:

I doubt that, I really do.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So, resident thread pants-shitters: How'd that Pivot from last night work out?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
"Soros paid both sides at Charlottesville" - Sidebar.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

BWV posted:

Not sure this is the case. He might need the Secret Service to flush for him.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Pretty sure Trump jumped the shark when he came out as a white supremacist so

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

BWV posted:

I don't think he does. I think he has the secret service does it. Or he just leaves dumps in the toilet for the house keepers. "It keeps them working!"

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Spiritus Nox posted:

Honestly...I'm bored.

This bores me.

I'm right there with you. I flit between rage and depression. You don't have to listen to his aural making GBS threads. Just read the postgame. It's not like he'll ever be presenting a new idea.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Freezer posted:

Still can't get over the fact that you voted in this loving shitbag. And then he proceeded to exit the Paris accord, loving over the rest of us.

The only way I've been able to rationalize it again is that people really wanted those loving jobs he promised and I guess didn't think Clinton could deliver. If it was such a big deal though then how did her campaign miss it?

Still though Mitt Romney wasn't good enough for them, nor was John McCain but Bush and Trump.....I guess I really still don't get it, but man does the DNC ever need to reconnect with the Rust Belt. I expect a lot of focus to shift from places like Ohio and Florida to Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin especially where I'm not sure how popular Ryan still is.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
don't ever go~

don't ever lose them~

oh my god he's still talking

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Putting the power in the hands of the people who voted for us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Pretty sure Trump jumped the shark when he came out as a white supremacist so

There are more sharks to jump over

• Locked thread