Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I had a detonate dead assassin last league that relied on critting to get fat ignites. I really enjoyed the playstyle and wanted to make something similar work this league. Unfortunately it seems detonate dead got the short end of the stick this patch and the ignites it causes are trash even when linked with a lot of more dot dlg gems.

Is the new node near shadow that makes ailments benefit from crits going to make it not suck?

I have a witch elementalist backup plan but at lvl 64 now it does not seem that i can get any ignites rolling that can kill anything other that filler white trash mobs.

I really want to play DD but will the game let me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Shayl posted:

This game intimidated me a bit, but all I really needed to get into it was my husband going 'its hard to respec fully and you can gently caress yourself over easily, finding a guide helps' and I got into it pretty quickly after that.

I'm to the point now where I know I don't know lots of things, but its fun to learn them, and I have a build that can do yellow maps just fine and probably higher (once they actually drop). I'm still getting scammed at trading but I'm sure I'll figure out which things I'm underselling sooner or later.

welcome to Dark Souls

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

please knock Mom! posted:

gently caress caprice nisei

get good :smug:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I did my first three Beachheads (t15 ver.) today, the first time was quite fun but already by the third it had gotten fairly tedious imo, just because it's so slow. Doesn't help that the layout is kinda annoying and encourages you to either backtrack or make like another half-circle around the map to kill everything. But the boss is the real annoying part, other than the times where two spawn simultaneously it's literally just like a super-extended Harbinger fight and no more interesting. Boss-room took me like 4 minutes despite killing every wave near-instantly.

Also does the big Harbinger differ from the others in ANY way other than amount of health/loot?

I did get a mask piece though so that paid for all three maps and change on its own.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Had my first run really stacking map mods to the ceiling today, good times. Was always sorta curious about Beyond stuff, since it doesn't really happen too often in regular maps, but with the density in this and with two breaches it was popping off constantly and the whole thing was frantic and fun. 10/10 would slaughter again

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

So how do you do that, anyway? Sextants, vaal...

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Newbie question: how do you actually get map to have mod smorgasbord like this?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Lunsku posted:

Newbie question: how do you actually get map to have mod smorgasbord like this?

If you use an orb of alchemy on a map it'll turn it rare, so that can roll a number of mods

If you vaal it and get lucky, you can get up to 8 mods

Then if you add sextants to the atlas on maps around the map location, you can add even more mods

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

silvergoose posted:

So how do you do that, anyway? Sextants, vaal...

Yeah, Atlas looked like:

Alch'd, vaal'd, chiseled map turned out decently too

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Ahhhh, multiple sextants. Got it.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Friend goons I finally bought a Premium Stash (go GGG!) but I'm lost at selling stuff and I feel I either overprice or underprice. Is there an up to date guide on youtube? I found one from ZiggyD but it was uploaded 4 years ago!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

turboraton posted:

Friend goons I finally bought a Premium Stash (go GGG!) but I'm lost at selling stuff and I feel I either overprice or underprice. Is there an up to date guide on youtube? I found one from ZiggyD but it was uploaded 4 years ago!

poe.trade

search for the item

scroll down past the top 5-6 people until you see everyone listing it for the same price

list it for 1 less than that

enjoy the sale

also pro tip download the AHK poe trade macro so you can ctrl-d on every item and see the price

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

turboraton posted:

In general, if it has a big life roll and some good resists, it is probably worth something. Crit, percent increased damage, and flat damage are also valuable mods on jewelry.

For uniques, look it up on poe.trade. Most uniques will be vendor material, and some will get thrown into a 1c buyout tab. For mid-tier or better uniques, the rolls you get can make a big difference. One of the ways flippers make money is to pick up a common but highly used unique, and buy the ones with super rolls. A crap starkonja will sell for 1c, while I've sold a near perfect one for 25c.

For jewels, you really want life and a good damage mod or two. They are tough to price if you aren't used to them, but the great ones can be super expensive.

In general, if you are unsure, price it higher than you think it should reasonably be and gradually bring it down. You can always make things cheaper. Personally I have two tabs. A 1c buyout quad tab for crap, and an individually priced item tab. Every so often old things in the 1c tab go to the vendor. I occasionally mark down anything in the individually priced tab if it has been there for a bit and hasn't sold.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

cruel ascendancy done and my blade flurry raider is starting to feel really good now. pretty cool build i found on reddit using 2 fidelitas' spikes and just scaling flat lightning dmg everywhere forever. i like builds that scale low end weapons into endgame and this is my first time using bf. fun skill

lagcats
Oct 7, 2014

you know the deal
anyone still playing dis game

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

lagcats posted:

anyone still playing dis game

This is your first post in the thread? Yes. Yes people are still playing.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

sorry friend everyone has switched to noted Good Game marvel heroes 2019

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Are there any invites left to the active goon guild? I got recruited to the side-goon project guild because I guess the main one ran out of space. Has any cleared up?
It's a bummer being the only one playing all day and no one to play or chat with in guild.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i have seen invites going out over the last few days. people are starting to get bored and drop off.

posting your character name is a good idea though

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Please don't boot me I'm just on a business trip for 2 more days :smith:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Trying to decide between a dark pact zerker, SRS baron or wander for my next character to be a speedfarmer.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
If there's any room opening up in the guild, I'd love to get a reinvite:

WatchTeenWolfOnMTV

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Red beachhead maps give a bubble of exp each at 95 still.

Voids
Sep 5, 2006
If any room is available an invite would be awesome, name:

Voidsz

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Trying to decide between a dark pact zerker, SRS baron or wander for my next character to be a speedfarmer.

They're all insanely strong builds, but I'm leaning Wander. I haven't played SRS but I'd be surprised if it can match a properly built speedy Wander on clearspeed (DP zerker won't in my experience), and Barrage is just disgusting as ever against bosses even if you don't have luxuries like Dying Sun or helm enchant. I kinda wish I didn't roll an ele wander for Mayhem because drat would I like to try out that new helm for it. Even with a regular 4L, not being able to afford Essence gloves for the pseudo-5L, KB cleared amazingly.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

can't get faster than wander.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Can you do a wander for ~300 Chaos?

Flying Spaghetti
Dec 1, 2002

Existence is overrated
Would love an invite, FlyingSpaghettiRun

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

nerox posted:

Can you do a wander for ~300 Chaos?

Mathil made the prices go up a bit but probably.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

it's like i won the worst lottery

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Kild posted:

Mathil made the prices go up a bit but probably.

I wonder if he ever quietly buys up a whole bunch of stuff he is about to do a video on, and then wait for the price spike and sell.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

NPR Journalizard posted:

I wonder if he ever quietly buys up a whole bunch of stuff he is about to do a video on, and then wait for the price spike and sell.

I kinda doubt it, dude doesn't have that much currency most leagues given the amount of time he plays. Also he's usually had to strip down his previous project just to fund the next one. Doesn't really seem his style.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'd say wander would both be the easiest to get going, and the most cost effective in the long run. Any speedfarmer without bisco's collar isn't a speedfarmer, and getting enough dex to run haste and vaal haste on baron SRS without astramentis is a pretty big pain in the rear end unless you make significant compromises on gear/passives or have poo poo loads of money to burn to get awesome rings and jewels.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
What We're Working On

Bex posted:

...we plan to get back onto this schedule with our next big release in the first week of December 2017. Rather than just a challenge league, this release will be a full expansion...
I'm betting on the missing minor gods being the expansion, personally.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

anyone have a guide or suggestion for a raider ele wander? i see pathfinder ones, guess its probably the same tree except ice bite and a pisscators due to the flat ele?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Count Uvula posted:

What We're Working On

Praise RNGesus for the currency stash tab expansion.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Count Uvula posted:

What We're Working On

perhaps they could revise the bonuses of the current ones too so that brine king + yugul or ryslatha are not unambiguously the best choices for almost everyone

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Pffft, slayer cyclone doesn't use brine king

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

queeb posted:

anyone have a guide or suggestion for a raider ele wander? i see pathfinder ones, guess its probably the same tree except ice bite and a pisscators due to the flat ele?

if there isn't a guide I would import a pathfinder into PoB and compare it to a raider there

it's not perfect, but it can be illuminating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I finally beat Shaper (e without bug abuse)! Then lost the screenshot from the clipboard when I ctrl-C'd a rare weapon he dropped. Oh well. :v:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Aug 23, 2017