Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

inferis posted:

did he do his christopher walken impression again? i can't believe tom let that go last time he was on

LOL he did, singing Scorpions iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Kevin Corrigan was a top 3 worst guest the last time he was on, I suspect nothing has changed.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ManoliIsFat posted:

LOL he did, singing Scorpions iirc.

Christopher Walken singing scorpions is a much better bit than whatever movie he had Walken quoting last time.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

He re-enacted a scene from The Warriors as Archie Bunker or something.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Best show Recap: 9/6/05: $1.59/gallon is expensive gas

Oh those innocent days

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
9/20 is the best Bryce call, he's taking phone calls and keeps going from stoned to sober and angry and back to stoned and it rules listening to him screaming at callers like Tomert

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Best show Recap: 9/6/05: $1.59/gallon is expensive gas

Oh those innocent days

Wouldn't that be right after Katrina? I remember NJ gas prices went from 2 bucks to 3.50 in a week.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Did Tom welch on his bet that he had to do a Tom Can't Complain show if he didn't get enough calls from separate states? Actually pretty disappointed if so.

Edit: Oh woops. Wasn't far enough into the most recent show when I posted this. He said he'll do it for part of the show soon.

Dr.Radical fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 25, 2017

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Someone should call and talk about how well Paul f Tompkins is doing lately

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

he's doing Tom Can't Complain II next week I am pretty sure

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Best show recaps; I'm wrapping up9/27 now, next week is the one where Tom plays Dark Side of the Moon straight through. Stevie Blue owns

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Dark Side show was meh. Tom making fun of people who called in to complain about him playing was good.

The week after, 10/11, has Tom saying "are you all familiar with MySpace" which is a fuckin time warp

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Was there a Best Show recently that opened with Mike repeating "BEST SHOW'S BACK! YOU'LL LAUGH YOUR rear end OFF!" over and over leading into the theme music, or am I remembering a nightmare I had

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The Dark Side show was meh. Tom making fun of people who called in to complain about him playing was good.

The week after, 10/11, has Tom saying "are you all familiar with MySpace" which is a fuckin time warp

I actually really like it when Tom talks about timely things because often it's pop culture stuff I have not been keeping up with and know very little about outside of people on the internet mentioning it. This has the result of Tom bitching about it and me having only Tom's perspective to judge from which more often than not is hilarious.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I like hearing Tom pretend he doesn't know anything about something he knows everything about.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I forgot to post how happy I was when Tom sang the bass part of Yes’ Heart of the Sunrise to James Murphy. I hear him gearing up for it, and I knew James was going to appreciate it. LCD Soundsystem played a snippet of the song during their ‘last show’ at Madison Square Garden in 2011.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

WrathOfBlade posted:

Was there a Best Show recently that opened with Mike repeating "BEST SHOW'S BACK! YOU'LL LAUGH YOUR rear end OFF!" over and over leading into the theme music, or am I remembering a nightmare I had

June 28th? Drink up and ascend. You'll laugh your rear end off. Trust me - I wouldn't steer you wrong.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

inferis posted:

I like hearing Tom pretend he doesn't know anything about something he knows everything about.

Second only to the non regular callers who call in and engage with him like he's being serious

Speaking of knowing everything, I'm about a month of shows away from the Jimmy Crespo call

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

JethroMcB posted:

June 28th? Drink up and ascend. You'll laugh your rear end off. Trust me - I wouldn't steer you wrong.

Yes! A reference to the new Twin Peaks, and it was glorious.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Second only to the non regular callers who call in and engage with him like he's being serious

I will never forget "tonight we dine on elf meat"

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

inferis posted:

I will never forget "tonight we dine on elf meat"

Shameless plug of my (non-monetized) YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUnLXqDkqVM

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

That bit is even better than I remembered.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
My favorite recurring gag with Wurster calls is Jon botches a pronunciation and then makes fun of how Tom says it. It's so stupid and simple.

10/11 has Jon calling in as Horse from Jock Squad doing a great parody of tech support and frat comedies. He smashed Tom's computer. Also Matt Walsh from UCB calls in.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
10/18 Andy from Lake New bridge calls in and does my favorite broad category of Wurster call: a surprisingly normal call, usually them bullshitting about music, that suddenly goes completely off the rails

In this case Andy is a carp calling from Aquamans Summer place

Aquaman has a "little toot problem" and basically is a butthole to the fish and Andy and his gang don't put up with it. This call is wild.

10/25 is a Ladies Only show. He makes an exception and happens to get Garret Wilson from One on One News, who got twelve people in yoga class sent to jail for being satanists. Good call.

I think by now the entirety of New bridge wants Tom dead

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 27, 2017

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

My favorite recurring gag with Wurster calls is Jon botches a pronunciation and then makes fun of how Tom says it. It's so stupid and simple.

This, and always getting Tom's name wrong will always be funny.

"Hi, I'm calling for Tim Skippley?"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Binowru posted:

This, and always getting Tom's name wrong will always be funny.

"Hi, I'm calling for Tim Skippley?"

I heard it as "Todd Schnorpling" once which is how I refer to the show in my head now and forever. The best show with Todd Schnorpling

Pretty sure the standout from last night's episodes was the Andy call. There's something wonderful about the ones that start as two guys just bullshitting about music with a casual knowledge that's loving breathtaking and then Tom asks a question whose answer sends the whole thing spiraling out of control, until Andy is telling him about how he's the don of Lake Newbridge, and Aquaman is a cokehead who makes fish help him move furniture, and also Andy is in a band called Carp ADM

That moment right before the bomb drops, when you know the twist is coming and you're just waiting to hear it, is sublime

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
11/1 Petey has stopped calling in AS Petey. Brett Davis is going to start calling in as Petey 4.0

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Tom can't complain II is this week.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Petey 4.0 is better than Petey 1.0. Petey 1.0 is on the phone with him now and he's mad at 4.0's Petey and it's amazing hearing two Peteys yelling back and forth. last half hour of 11/1/05 is incredible. Holy poo poo.

11/8 Philly Boy Roy has fallen in with white supremacists

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 28, 2017

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I love the ongoing Jake and Logan Paul stuff. Boy howdy do I want to see Tom move into the Team Ten House to be "The Old Dude."

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

David Crosby seems really nice.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
I know that Tom is supposed to suffer here but i don't know why we all have to hear goddamn Cat from Raleigh

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

:siren: Petey alert :siren:

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I was thinking of David Cross for an embarrassing amount of time during the call.

Edit 1: A Hollywood Handbook listener asking Tom if he’d won any awards for his music videos made me laugh.

Edit 2: “So is Dice there or not, dummy?”

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Aug 30, 2017

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

het posted:

I know that Tom is supposed to suffer here but i don't know why we all have to hear goddamn Cat from Raleigh

She desperately needs to go on the can't call every week list that Avalanche Bob is on (though I still like his calls most of the time, and she has always been terrible.) Or Tom needs to Bad Company her every time she calls in. He is too nice.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://twitter.com/bestshow4life/status/902750048349544449

yesssssss

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Asnorban posted:

She desperately needs to go on the can't call every week list that Avalanche Bob is on (though I still like his calls most of the time, and she has always been terrible.) Or Tom needs to Bad Company her every time she calls in. He is too nice.

Her call was kind of useless because he would have been that nice even if it was not a Tom Can't Complain show

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
I don't mind Kat from Raleigh that much but airing forum drama on the show.... yikes.

You could hear the rage building when she was talking over Tom though.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

SoupyTwist posted:

I don't mind Kat from Raleigh that much but airing forum drama on the show.... yikes.

You could hear the rage building when she was talking over Tom though.

she's completely insufferable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I'm just glad she knows how much the fans don't like her calls