Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

I just looked up Dick Justice and here is what I have learned:
1. He's good
2. Dick Justice is also the name of a blues musician from the mid-1900s

You would've known that second part already if you listened to Bryan Alvarez!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

NXT taping - No Way Jose did his entrance but Large Lars Sullivan beat him down

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Peyton Royce vs. Sarah Logan (aka Mary Dobson?), Royce goes over with a bridging fisherman's suplex

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Wolfgang and Pete Dunne go over Tyler Bate and Trent Seven

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GFW

Xplosion:
Pagano defeats Cody Martin

Grado defeated a local. Joseph Park comes out to say he's sponsoring Grado's visa, and he'll get to stay in America
Trevor Lee defeats Sonjay Dutt (falls count anywhere) to win the X title after Caleb Konley interferes
Johnny Impact calls out Eli Drake. KM comes out instead and says Johnny should put his #1 contendership on the line. Johnny accepts and defeats KM
Taya Valkyrie defeats Ava and wants the Knockouts title. Turns into a 6 person brawl, Taya/Sienna/Taryn vs Rosemary/Allie/Gail
Kongo Kong defeats Mahabali Shera
Texano/Fantastma defeat EC3/Storm after Pagano interferes
Lee retains X title over Petey Williams
Taya defeats Amber Nova
Johnny retains #1 contendership over Low-Ki. Eli Drake and Chris Adonis beat down Johnny

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

GFW

Xplosion:
Pagano defeats Cody Martin

Grado defeated a local. Joseph Park comes out to say he's sponsoring Grado's visa, and he'll get to stay in America
Trevor Lee defeats Sonjay Dutt (falls count anywhere) to win the X title after Caleb Konley interferes
Johnny Impact calls out Eli Drake. KM comes out instead and says Johnny should put his #1 contendership on the line. Johnny accepts and defeats KM
Taya Valkyrie defeats Ava and wants the Knockouts title. Turns into a 6 person brawl, Taya/Sienna/Taryn vs Rosemary/Allie/Gail
Kongo Kong defeats Mahabali Shera
Texano/Fantastma defeat EC3/Storm after Pagano interferes
Lee retains X title over Petey Williams
Taya defeats Amber Nova
Johnny retains #1 contendership over Low-Ki. Eli Drake and Chris Adonis beat down Johnny

So is Lucha Underground pretty much dead, hence Johnny and Taya doing GFW? That makes me sad. :(

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Who's KM? Other than EC3, I don't think any GFW wrestlers are well-known enough for have an acronym.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Marmaduke! posted:

Who's KM? Other than EC3, I don't think any GFW wrestlers are well-known enough for have an acronym.

As far as I can tell, KM is his ring name, at least in GFW.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Jiro posted:

So is Lucha Underground pretty much dead, hence Johnny and Taya doing GFW? That makes me sad. :(

Jarrett worked out deals with AAA, CRASH, and NOAH. But possibly.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Jiro posted:

RIP Wrestling Mortal Kombat

E: weren't they also burning money every episode and in trouble with the El Rey network because of that?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

As far as I can tell, KM is his ring name, at least in GFW.

Yeah. Was originally Kevin Matthews, then between realizing it was a bland milquetoast name and realizing they'd be having two people named Matthews wrestling at once during the whole announcer feud, they just shortened it to KM

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Odds for tonight:

WWE Universal Championship – Fatal Fourway

Brock Lesnar(c) -320 vs Samoa Joe +375 vs Braun Strowman +1100 vs Roman Reigns +1500

WWE Championship

Jinder Mahal(c) +700 vs Shinsuke Nakamura -1500

Raw Women’s Championship

Alexa Bliss(c) -260 vs Sasha Banks +180

Smackdown Women’s Championship

Naomi(c) -930 vs Natalya +510

WWE United States Championship

AJ Styles(c) -400 vs Kevin Owens +280

Raw Tag Team Championship

Cesaro and Sheamus(c) +135 vs Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins -175

Smackdown Tag Team Championship

The Usos +500 vs The New Day -900

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Akira Tozawa(c) -425 vs Neville +305

John Cena +150 vs Baron Corbin -190

Randy Orton +500 vs Rusev -900

Finn Balor -555 vs Bray Wyatt +365

Big Show +140 vs Big Cass -180

The Hardy Boyz and Jason Jordan -285 vs The Miztourage +205

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Codependent Poster posted:

Odds for tonight:

WWE Universal Championship – Fatal Fourway

Brock Lesnar(c) -320 vs Samoa Joe +375 vs Braun Strowman +1100 vs Roman Reigns +1500

WWE Championship

Jinder Mahal(c) +700 vs Shinsuke Nakamura -1500

Raw Women’s Championship

Alexa Bliss(c) -260 vs Sasha Banks +180

Smackdown Women’s Championship

Naomi(c) -930 vs Natalya +510

WWE United States Championship

AJ Styles(c) -400 vs Kevin Owens +280

Raw Tag Team Championship

Cesaro and Sheamus(c) +135 vs Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins -175

Smackdown Tag Team Championship

The Usos +500 vs The New Day -900

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Akira Tozawa(c) -425 vs Neville +305

John Cena +150 vs Baron Corbin -190

Randy Orton +500 vs Rusev -900

Finn Balor -555 vs Bray Wyatt +365

Big Show +140 vs Big Cass -180

The Hardy Boyz and Jason Jordan -285 vs The Miztourage +205

This'll make for an interesting show, at least. Maybe.

Might keep it on while I watch thrones.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Current, per 5Dimes

Neville -140
New Day -900
Hardys/Jordan -270
Brock -300
Naomi -115 Natalya -125
Alexa -260
Nakamura -510
Styles -400
Rusev -900
Cass -170
Finn -555
Corbin -145
Shield -270

Only things I'd bank on not changing is New Day, Rusev, Finn and Shield. Everything else is pretty close and SD women's looks like either a cash-in or Asuka coming in and winning the belt (Asuka coming in and taking one of the belts to add to her collection has been the rumor throughout the week)

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i think SD could probably make better use of Asuka, but I'd crack up at her getting involved on RAW and Alexa going "nah gently caress that, I vacate the title"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Raw needs more women in the division, but Nia, Alexa and Sasha are all pretty over in their roles so it's been working okay there.

It's nice that SD is trying some new faces in the title picture but that means anyone not in it like Becky and Charlotte are being wasted.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I've thought about this a bit recently. It really depends on what Smackdown wants to do with their women's division going forward. They generally do a lot of group stuff to keep everyone involved, which I think is a good thing for the Carmellas of the world but would waste Asuka. Do you want to see Asuka in those group arguments with Shane or Brian in the middle? If they want to move in a different direction sure add Asuka and mix things up as everyone scrambles to deal with her. The bonus here is Asuka's faced everyone besides Sasha and Alicia on the RAW side of things, so Smackdown's mostly new matchups.

If Smackdown is going to continue booking like they have, Asuka needs to go to RAW where there's a clear hierarchy. Have her mow through all the women who try to act tough even though Asuka's already beaten them. I just think if they want to push Asuka as a monster RAW's the better fit as things are now.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Carmella's briefcase expires because she is smart enough to know that cashing in on Asuka is a death sentence.

I guess there's also the possible alternative that Carmella beats Asuka with some kind of suicidal interference from James Ellsworth, and gets that old-school 'stabbed in the parking lot' heat

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If the plan is going to be having Asuka come in and take the title right away then everyone chases her, Smackdown works better.

Naomi, Becky and Charlotte are all faces you can run against her for a bit.

On Raw you have Sasha right now and eventually Bayley.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Asuka doesn't only beat faces though :confused:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
asukas a force of nature and i cant wait for her to wreck up emma and alexa

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

dromal phrenia posted:

Asuka doesn't only beat faces though :confused:

Main roster doesn't do heat-less, no build matches like NXT does.

They do heat-less, several week build matches so you need your usual dynamics there.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

carmella will cash in on asuka's nxt title and be the one to end the streak

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Note: adding fuel to the potential Asuka coming up rumor fire:

http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/20397790/wwe-nxt-takeover-brooklyn-iii-turning-point-careers-asuka-ember-moon

She plans on going after RAW or SD's womens champion, and then the 4HW. Also apparently a decent portion of the NXT roster has left Brooklyn already, apparently. Asuka is still around.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

which four horsewomen

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

oatgan posted:

which four horsewomen
All 8 of them, and then she's coming for Arn Anderson.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Why do you think Flair is REALLY in the hospital?

Asuka :getin:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Jesus Christ after all this Roman is still gonna lose?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Coulda made some decent cash on the Usos if you're dumb enough to bet on wrestling

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GFW

Desmond Xavier defeats Trevor Lee in a six-way non-title match also featuring Petey Williams, Matt Sydal, Garza Jr, and Sonjay Dutt
Sienna wants to be inducted in the Hall of Fame at Bound for Glory. Gail Kim wants her rematch. Taryn Terrell says Gail's never beaten her. Allie wants the title shot. Karen Jarrett says Sienna will defend at BFG against all three
Johnny Impact defeats Texano
OVE win the tag titles over LAX
Borash says there's evidence Joseph Park has been stealing from Grado, and tonight he'll be put on trial
Sonjay/Petey/Sydal defeat Lee/Konley/Everett; Sydal pins Everett. Post-match Sonjay challenges Lee for BFG, but Petey and Sydal argue saying they each deserve the shot
OVE defeat Jon Bolen and Trey Miguel
James Storm/Allie/Xavier defeat Sienna/Texano/Everett; Storm pins Everett
Park admits to stealing from Grado, but he has Grado's visa. At BFG, Grado vs Abyss in Monster's Ball. Grado wins, he stays; Grado loses, he leaves
Storm and Texano brawl, Fantasma assists Texano, EC3 comes out to save Storm. GFW vs AAA likely for BFG
Taya/Sienna/Taryn defeat Allie/Rosemary/Gail; Sienna pins Allie
Eli Drake retains the Global title over Johnny Impact. Ref bumps, interference. Post-match Chris Adonis and Drake continue to beat Johnny. Garza Jr tries to make the save but is attacked by LAX. Refs try to stop the chaos but are attacked by Adonis. Basically, you can tell Jeff Jarrett is back to booking the world title matches

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GFW

Xplosion:
EC3 defeats Moose
James Storm defeats Caleb Konley

Eli Drake and Chris Adonis brag about Johnny Impact losing. Drake has the night off
Adonis defeats Garza Jr by DQ after Johnny attacks Adonis. He also accidentally hits Garza Jr, resulting in a fight refs must separate. Cornette says next week Johnny vs Garza Jr, winner gets Drake for the Global title at BFG
Taryn Terrell and Gail Kim brawl
Rosemary defeats Hannah Harper (local debut). Post-match Taya Valkyrie attacks Rosemary
LAX brawl with OVE, announce they're using their rematch clause for the tag titles in a 51-50 Street Fight (where all of LAX get to fight)
Trevor Lee defeats Suicide
Johnny defeats Garza Jr to get the BFG shot vs Drake. Post-match Adonis attacks Johnny with large plywood
Desmond Xavier defeats Andrew Everett
American Top Team want a BFG match of King Mo/Lashley vs Moose/Shane Sewell. Lashley attacks Moose and Sewell from behind, American Top Team assist in the beatdown. Lee, Konley and Everett try to come in for the save but are also attacked. Lashley spears Moose twice
Johnny defeats Adonis. Post-match Johnny hits Drake with the belt until Adonis attacks. Garza Jr makes the save

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Those odds sound much better than the show we got.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Huh Glamour Boy Shane is back? Sweet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SD

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/images/uploads/roode-sd.jpg

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gl...amourous?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Last night of GFW before Bound For Glory

Xplosion:
James Storm defeats Chris Adonis
Rosemary defeats Ava Storie
Mahabali Shera defeats Caleb Konley
EC3 defeats Suicide
Shera defeats Trevor Lee

Moose (with new MMA buddy Stephan Bonnar) defeats Lashley (with Dan Lambert of American Top Team) by DQ after Lambert attacks Moose. They brawl, the rest of American Top Team comes out for the attack, Moose chases them off with a chair. At BFG Bonnar/Moose vs Lashley/King Mo, Six Sides of Steel
Johnny Impact/Garza Jr defeated Eli Drake/Adonis
Borash brings out Gail Kim to celebrate the Knockouts division's 10th anniversary. Gail's final BFG will be for the Knockouts title vs Sienna, Allie, and Taryn Terrell
American Top Team promo hyping up BFG
Taya Valkyrie defeats Rosemary. Post-match Rosemary wants Taya at BFG and mists her
Johnny/OVE defeat Drake/LAX; Johnny pins Santana. Post-match OVE and LAX brawl to the back, Drake gives his finisher to Johnny on the exposed floor and poses with Adonis and the belt to close the show and week

Congrats on your BFG title win, Johnny

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It is believed that Bound For Glory is Jeff Jarrett vs Alberto Del Rio.

This will be the setup angle for it:

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/900130870010499073

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Chris James 2 posted:

Last night of GFW before Bound For Glory

Xplosion:
James Storm defeats Chris Adonis
Rosemary defeats Ava Storie
Mahabali Shera defeats Caleb Konley
EC3 defeats Suicide
Shera defeats Trevor Lee

Moose (with new MMA buddy Stephan Bonnar) defeats Lashley (with Dan Lambert of American Top Team) by DQ after Lambert attacks Moose. They brawl, the rest of American Top Team comes out for the attack, Moose chases them off with a chair. At BFG Bonnar/Moose vs Lashley/King Mo, Six Sides of Steel
Johnny Impact/Garza Jr defeated Eli Drake/Adonis
Borash brings out Gail Kim to celebrate the Knockouts division's 10th anniversary. Gail's final BFG will be for the Knockouts title vs Sienna, Allie, and Taryn Terrell
American Top Team promo hyping up BFG
Taya Valkyrie defeats Rosemary. Post-match Rosemary wants Taya at BFG and mists her
Johnny/OVE defeat Drake/LAX; Johnny pins Santana. Post-match OVE and LAX brawl to the back, Drake gives his finisher to Johnny on the exposed floor and poses with Adonis and the belt to close the show and week

Congrats on your BFG title win, Johnny

Is American Top Team a team from somewhere non american? It's a weird name.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Von Linus posted:

Is American Top Team a team from somewhere non american? It's a weird name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Top_Team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Oh cool I thought it was like a wrestling Mexican heel team or something, didn't think of MMA at all.