Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

So when you get decals can you use them over and over on all your mechs or are they one shot things, also can I write "gently caress U" on the front of my Atlas with out PGI making me change it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Axetrain posted:

So when you get decals can you use them over and over on all your mechs or are they one shot things, also can I write "gently caress U" on the front of my Atlas with out PGI making me change it?

over and over, and their obscene detail detection seems subpar, though you might eat a temp ban.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

lwoodio posted:

Every day I see an increase in the number of Mist Lynx machine gun boats. I predict that in just a few days, all mechs will be Mist Lynxes with 8 MGs.

my streakboat has been AMAZING fun the last couple days since I got fed up with these little bastards.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's fun being an urbie and fighting those mist lynx MG boats too. They can run around all they like but you have superior geometry and a 360 cockpit :v:

The 5 ML zombie K9 rips those arms off just fine.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I thought I escaped giant robots, but 8v8s are going to pull me right back in, I can tell.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Whoa 8v8s are coming back?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
they said they were considering switching QM to 8v8, yeah

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Should I buy and build this? Will it work or is it too slow?
HGN-IIC-B

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Too big, too slow, and too hot. On top of that, it's got low mounts, mediocre geometry, and terrible convergence. Stick to the Scorch and MCII-B If you wanna brawl in a Clan assault.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Skippy McPants posted:

Too big, too slow, and too hot. On top of that, it's got low mounts, mediocre geometry, and terrible convergence. Stick to the Scorch and MCII-B If you wanna brawl in a Clan assault.

Thank you.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
HGN-IIC isnt a bad mech, it can just never get in a fight. if you wanna sit back and sling lrms and gauss and large lasers, it's great. but pretty much anything closes on you and you're dead

e: my hgn-iic currently holds my record for most damage dealt in a single qp match at about 2400. but that was just sitting back slinging out 1600lrm, 30 gauss, and uncountable dual LPL.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
Any old bird assholes reading this? Let's get drunk and make poor gaming choices this weekend.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Decal sale has finally allowed me to show people that I am a man of sophistication and taste.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

armchairyoda posted:

Any old bird assholes reading this? Let's get drunk and make poor gaming choices this weekend.

Not sure if I count as an oldbird but I am an rear end in a top hat so I'm up for it. Maybe we could even try to do some 1v1/2v2 in a private game?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Axetrain posted:

Decal sale has finally allowed me to show people that I am a man of sophistication and taste.

Find a mech that has enough flat space for all of that only with the "Hi There!" decal above the "gently caress U" instead of the trucker balls underneath.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Rysithusiku posted:

HGN-IIC isnt a bad mech, it can just never get in a fight. if you wanna sit back and sling lrms and gauss and large lasers, it's great. but pretty much anything closes on you and you're dead

e: my hgn-iic currently holds my record for most damage dealt in a single qp match at about 2400. but that was just sitting back slinging out 1600lrm, 30 gauss, and uncountable dual LPL.

Basically this can be said for every single clan mech. It's great until people get into range of you, then you instantly die because all can mechs are made of center torsos and wet toilet paper. Twist 90 degrees and still get shot in the CT. Well at least thats how the Ebon Jag is.

And before any of you cocksmokers start talking poo poo, I know how to twist now, so gently caress you.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

veedubfreak posted:

Basically this can be said for every single clan mech. It's great until people get into range of you, then you instantly die because all can mechs are made of center torsos and wet toilet paper. Twist 90 degrees and still get shot in the CT. Well at least thats how the Ebon Jag is.

And before any of you cocksmokers start talking poo poo, I know how to twist now, so gently caress you.

*takes cock out of mouth like a cigar, semen dribbles down my cheek as I mime blowing out a cloud of semen-smoke* That Scorch seemed to work out for you yesterday though *puts cock back into mouth and slurps*

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

TjyvTompa posted:

*takes cock out of mouth like a cigar, semen dribbles down my cheek as I mime blowing out a cloud of semen-smoke* That Scorch seemed to work out for you yesterday though *puts cock back into mouth and slurps*

Such a wordsmith. This is part of why you're my MWO spirit animal.

In other news, colours are on sale today. I've grabbed some essentials to fill out the gaps in my collection, but are there any special colours I should grab too? I saw something about certain colours shining in certain maps/lights, does anyone know which ones they are?

Cluncho McChunk fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Aug 24, 2017

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Trauma Tank posted:

Such a wordsmith. This is part of why you're my MWO spirit animal.

In other news, colours are on sale today. I've grabbed some essentials to fill out the gaps in my collection, but are there any special colours I should grab too? I saw something about certain colours shining in certain maps/lights, does anyone know which ones they are?

One page back

TjyvTompa posted:

You'll want all the colors that "shine" on certain maps, for example mining colony. The ones I know about are:
Cadmium (red)
HotRod Bright Red
Moegi (green)
FRR Pure Orange
Titanium White
Jade Falcon Gold

Then there are the pink colors, Marik Violet is the most well know but I find it a bit washed out. Punk Purple is much more pink when placed on the mech I find.

For the decals all you need is the broken heart, place it upside down on your rear end and you got yourself a pair of Truck Nutz.

Better pink comparison:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty happy with my current paint scheme. Matching "hi there!" on the butt plate.

Getting good use out of those minimum purchase pre-order bonuses for the javelin - which were the only reason I bought that otherwise garbage mech that I've never used once.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
3 games in a row without dying before the K9 met it's natural predator. The SRM jenner.

:rip:

Good streak otherwise though.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I love the matchmaking that puts you in the team full of linebackers against the team of stalkers and marauders.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Ah poo poo I got a dragon 1n turns out the wolverine 7D is better in every way

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Hope you like getting a tenth of what you paid for it if you want to get rid of it :v:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Finally tried out the "totally not a gameboy" retro warhorn and it's quite delightful. Can't displace the urbie warhorn from its throne but it is a good option for other cheeky mechs.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
There needs to be a warhorn that is a fart or a clown honk.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
There needs to be a mod made that replaces the 2016 tournament warhorn with a crowd cheering "BEEFY! BEEFY! BEEFY!".

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Azuth0667 posted:

There needs to be a warhorn that is a fart or a clown honk.

The blue-ish one that looks like a kleenex box is my favorite. "Vraaaawmp."

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

veedubfreak posted:

I doubt twisting makes much difference when you're rocking 3 different types of ram

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Torso twisting only really helps when you're in a mech with shield arms *taps side of nose*

There's a reason the Griffins or Centurions are excellent for rolling damage in the hands of an experienced user.

Cauldron Born and Mad Cats have zero ability to deflect hits onto their arms and anyone who can aim just shoots their nose anyway since good luck hiding that thing from any angle.

Geometry is king.

Oh yeah - from the clan collection the Arctic Cheetahs, Shadowcats and Night Gyrs have excellent geometry for torso twisting love. Plus Night Gyrs have a good chance of winning staring competitions in their weight class.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 27, 2017

Herb Dington
Oct 6, 2013
Sometimes a little wiggle if you're in a pointy-nose mech can make a bit of difference. Not everybody stays locked to torso as it moves, so at least you can spread SOME damage.

ASCII ILLUSTRATION!

(S(C T)S)

vs.

((CT) S )

or

( S (CT))

Herb Dington fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 27, 2017

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Banano posted:

I doubt twisting makes much difference when you're rocking 3 different types of ram

Nonono, if two of those types are on peltier coolers and the last with one of those hand-fans, he'll be fine.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

FP with pubbies is frustrating. Like pubs are usually bad in quick play to but it's short and the badness isn't just contained to your team. In FP when everyone dies horribly on their first drop you know the game is over but it still drags on for another 20 drat minutes. 100 ton LRM boats, teammates who have no drops left while everyone else is just dropping their second mech, IS mechs long distance trading with clan mechs, playing against actual organized units. It sucks.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

armchairyoda posted:

Nonono, if two of those types are on peltier coolers and the last with one of those hand-fans, he'll be fine.

It'll work fine, just clock everything at different speeds.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The first kill I got using the not-Gameboy war horn managed to sufficiently annoy a team mate that they asked what the hell that racket was.

Anyone who hasn't unlocked the current event warhorn rewards needs to jump on that. Immediately if not sooner.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
when life gives you lemons, clean out your storage, might find something cool

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

TjyvTompa posted:

when life gives you lemons, clean out your storage, might find something cool

I actually still have that on my shelf since apparently I don't ever throw poo poo away. Also have MW2 and Ghost Bear Legacy up there.

Nice find! And in real good condition.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Major Spag posted:

I actually still have that on my shelf since apparently I don't ever throw poo poo away. Also have MW2 and Ghost Bear Legacy up there.

Nice find! And in real good condition.

I read it back-to-back last night and I am ready to become a true mechwarrior mercenary now. I learned that the connection between low-IQ and mechwarrioring is a time honored tradition, anyone can become a mercenary using the TRI-M (Money, Money, Money) Mercenary Academy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
They're doing another 24 hour sale. Most of it is for poo poo. Champion robots are poo, and buying CBills for MC is stoopid dumb. There is a slightly better than average deal for purchasing MC I guess.

The main reason to care is that mech bays are 50% off. That is a good thing to spend robot monies on.
https://mwomercs.com/news/2017/08/1880-flash-sale-24-hours

• Locked thread