Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Please god somebody be on twitch clip patrol. That glitch thru the floor and die was priceless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I hope lazrin doesn't come back and own us all for our skepticism, CIG have really delivered.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
"Look at these desks" - Disco Lando

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017
They brought the guy, who created the desks, to the panel and are talking about how he cut them. Who the hell gives a gently caress.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Whats the fov on that game? 40?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Yeah, the alt and other readouts have something weird going on.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
So much 3.0 to show and talk about, they are interviewing the guy that made the desks during the live stream.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

hahaha what a shitshow !

That flight model is just the ships going in "noclip" mode right ? The ship just bounced off the floor with no damage ! This looks awful. And they're back to hyping Big Bennys machines...

King of Cheeses
Jul 25, 2007
Crusty on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside.
Stuck in the outpost. Doors still not working.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Well, pack it up goons. We thought they were too incompetent to make a Cryengine level, but here we are.

Look at those rocks, feel the fidelity of the sand in their single level, 12 player, 15 minute massive multiplayer game. This is what five whole years of development gets you.

Derek, I expect a written apology to Chris Roberts. Clearly he has leveraged his team and money to make fools of us all by providing what no development team on earth could hope to achieve: a decent looking fps level with 12 simultaneous people connected via LAN and some vehicles.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Lol...the guy entered an outpost, cannot get out now.

Another flies a Gladius, clips through the ground/bounces back.

King of Cheeses
Jul 25, 2007
Crusty on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside.

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

hahaha what a shitshow !

That flight model is just the ships going in "noclip" mode right ? The ship just bounced off the floor with no damage ! This looks awful. And they're back to hyping Big Bennys machines...

Yeah someone just flew at the ground full speed and just bounced up.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

yeah, i'm going back to sleep

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The look on the face of the streamers when the server "resets".

It's priceless.

I don't know if I have ever seen a more embarassing tech demo....

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
Hahaha happy birthday

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

game of games

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Guy says his favorite thing is to go straight up and try to get into space.

It would be pretty cool if they made a space game. They should consider it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Disco birthday cake! 1 candle.

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

SelenicMartian posted:

Disco birthday cake! 1 candle.

He looks ashamed

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
You know how you have open world games and they have borders you can't get past but they generate a landscape out there just so there is something to look at and you can mod or glitch your way out there and it is a boring stupid mess? That's what they made here. Daymar is what Bethesda farms out to an intern or two for a couple weeks without supervision.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

He took a bite. Not a slice, a bite.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
head over the the main SC reddit, look how little is getting posted lol.
Just a lot of randoms posting how much they are gonna spend on the next ship sale <- I wonder.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
just did a full noclip roll inches above another ship - #thatflightmodeltho

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

haha the fps is utter poo poo

starkebn
May 18, 2004

LOLOLOLOLOL

fps gameplay ladies, full pistol clip and about 5 shotgun rounds needed to dispatch an intruder

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Refactored shot gun looks brutal.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Couple of weeks ago I was "forced" to demo a VR application I am currently working on to a customer (he wanted to see it irregardless of how many times I told him it's in very early development).

I think I was more relaxed demoing that piece-of-poo poo-proof-of-concept than these guys currently are demoing their 150mil alpha game.

Oh, and mine didn't crash and instead of resetting it after 15 minutes, I had to ask my customer to actually put off the headset so we can talk ;)

(btw: no, I don't wanna show how cool I am, but I was a bit nervous showing that, because it was extremely not finished, but these guys look way worse...)

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
Not taking any damage in FPS.

Tgspectre
Oct 21, 2014

BeigeJacket posted:

haha the fps is utter poo poo

Gotta love the way the body warps from standing to falling with a clear gap in between

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

"fell out of the ship" LOL

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I think a guy just detached from the ship's physic grid and zoomed away while trying to sit on a drop seat. Then another guy took about 50 shots from a gun with no effect until eventually teleporting sideways and sprawling out.

This poo poo is easily more broken than what they were streaming last year.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

transition to animations are so hosed

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Remeber when all the delays were due to Chris being a perfectionist, never releasing anything that wasn't up to his high standahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Fumble posted:

So much 3.0 to show and talk about, they are interviewing the guy that made the desks during the live stream.

The desks are the only real thing there.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

starkebn posted:

transition to animations are so hosed

What do you mean? If you fall from a great height, you actuall end on your feet, and THEN die from the fall. It's been like that since the beginning of the universe.

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

Wuxi posted:

Remeber when all the delays were due to Chris being a perfectionist, never releasing anything that wasn't up to his high standahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Well, apparently Derek and goon cuntiflases forced Chris via mean comments to show this poo poo prematurely.

Tgspectre
Oct 21, 2014
The ships look nice, the scenery is passable, limited as it is, but every bit of actual 'gameplay' is hilariously broken. It's like a shameless asset rip fake game but with good visuals.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
crashed again

starkebn
May 18, 2004

trying to find usable hotspots to do everything reminds me of old 80s point and click adventure games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017
They reset the server every 10 mins, now, btw. I've checked the time.