Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
I can't listen to this much longer, can they play the broken game for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Brian Chambers, claiming that his office is responsible for core design but doesn't know enough to answer a question about player interaction.

XK posted:

Q: "Will players ever get to use the modularity to build their own habitats." (I'm assuming he meant the outpost buildings)

A: "I don't know, I'll have to dig into it."

beaten like a clipped table.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Rover = https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/IdioticIdealFanworms

Crash = https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/SillyFriendlyDegus

Trapped = https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/FakeUnitedCuckoo

Physics = https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/ShrillTalkativeGavial

IDDQD = https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/CheeryNaiveBabirusa

Desync = https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/AcceptableFatalDrafthorse

Clippy = https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/SinfulNauticalFurseal

Jank = https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/EminentUnripeChinesecrocodilelizard

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

ewe2 posted:

Brian Chambers, claiming that his office is responsible for core design but doesn't know enough to answer a question about player interaction.

I was kind of picking on him for being an animation guy, and all of a sudden being the lead for the engine and technology studio. I feel pretty bad for him now, though. This is a really telling interview.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

starkebn posted:

Star Citizen 3.0 NOT RELEASED AT GAMESCOM confirmed by Chambers

Just LOL if Planet Turd is all they have to show this week.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It's all composed like the Last Supper, with Lando leaning away from Brian all the time.

When do they kiss?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Holy gently caress I'm glad I didn't skip to the end of the thread. This is amazing. This is somehow worse than if they just got to Gamescom and said "Yeah we got nothing"

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Stop asking him questions, you monsters. Have you no humanity?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Somebody tell him to 'Always look on the bright side of life'

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Brian Chambers once again states that the cinematics work for Squadron 42 is on the "To Do" list, not the "Done" list.

If people think that Chris Roberts is going to be remotely hands-off with Squadron cinematics in the interest of expedience, in the interest of shipping it, they are absolutely deluding themselves. He is already the biggest fussbudget, nitpicky micromanager in the gaming industry, but he is going to morph from that into Calamity Ganondorf's final form when dealing with Squadron 42's cinematics. He will bleed CIG's coffers for years if he can just tinkering with that crap.

And even while he does it, the standard for cinematic performance in gaming will just get further and further ahead. Harder and harder to compete with. It will kill him to see this and in his desperation to beat it all, he will just keep stalling and tweaking.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

We at CIG love consistency. Thats why our big end of the year release for 2017 is the same as 2016. Only with less features

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

XK posted:

Stop asking him questions, you monsters. Have you no humanity?

Current status: feeling hollow, like death.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ewe2 posted:

Give him the benefit of the doubt, imo, I'm sure Chris shows up in his office twice a week to change what they're implementing. He's probably got some of those fridge magnets with "promised gameplay features", a whiteboard that's split into 3rds for 3.0/4.0/5.0, and Chris just sneaks in to shuffle things based on what Derek's tweeting about today

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Holy gently caress I'm glad I didn't skip to the end of the thread. This is amazing. This is somehow worse than if they just got to Gamescom and said "Yeah we got nothing"

A demo that contains NOTHING that was promised for 3.0, actually has elements removed from the current shitshow PTU, and is still a pile of crashy, buggy, poo poo. That's impressive work even for Croberts

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Brian Chambers has answered almost literally every question with a response that included, "I don't know." He really doesn't seem to know anything.

"Underground stuff, I'd assume it's in there somewhere."

Now the streamers are making fun of him for not knowing.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Timed out for saying "[SUGGESTION] Don't Panic, always look on the bright side. It's OK that nothing works" :laffo:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

XK posted:

Brian Chambers has answered almost literally every question with a response that included, "I don't know." He really doesn't seem to know anything.

Don't ask me design questions

*asks a bunch of design questions*

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

smellmycheese posted:

A demo that contains NOTHING that was promised for 3.0, actually has elements removed from the current shitshow PTU, and is still a pile of crashy, buggy, poo poo. That's impressive work even for Croberts

It's on a planet! Planetary landings for 3.0! That counts, right?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Tokamak posted:

Don't ask me design questions

*asks a bunch of design questions*

He can't say anything about future gameplay design because Chris shredded Ben to a pulp for answering design questions live without double checking with Chris and Derek said mean things about it, probably

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Sgt Gamble gets killed by invisible player, Player - ship interaction is hosed

https://gfycat.com/FicklePaleBellfrog

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Fans love the new trading cards QR ship sale code. No discount.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Q: Melee weapons?

A: I've seen some designs. I don't know how far along they are.

Q: Water?

A: I don't know what happens under the surface.

*streamer laughs directly at his answer*

XK fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 23, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Somebody make sure this whole Chambers segment is archived.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Huge tracts of land!

I mean, large bodes of water!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Deejay asked a scorcher "what is going on with atmospheric flight" Chambers thinking very hard

e: "We're going to make it cool when you fly into atmosphere"

he has no clue what the question is about

starkebn fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 23, 2017

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

D_Smart posted:

The faces of two scam artists who have thus far ripped of gamers to the tune of $156M.

that's awesome lol

gamers are scum

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

XK posted:

Somebody make sure this whole Chambers segment is archived.

It's become a group rescue effort, all hands to the pump, Brian is clueless, I repeat, Brian is clueless, code red!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

ewe2 posted:

It's become a group rescue effort, all hands to the pump, Brian is clueless, I repeat, Brian is clueless, code red!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

MOVING PLANTS CONFIRMED. :D

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Jared: The short answer to this question is nothing is done with atmospheric flight.

He's saving primate Brian by putting him out of his misery.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
"Tick Tock, Derek!"

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

They are trying to explain gravity to yet another lead :cripes:

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...
The big question for Brian: Will each plant have its own localized physics grid - kinda important for the fidelity!

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
Lol. That is all i have to say.

Just imagine any other developer doing that.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

WE LOVE FAUNA.

you just cant make this poo poo up

XK
Jul 9, 2001

These streamers are totally busting Brian's balls in the most innocent way they possibly can. They just can't help themselves.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://twitter.com/ChambersArt/status/900298276334964737/photo/1

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Lando, all that experience with padding clueless poo poo out and you're still poo poo at it.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Q: "Orbital mechanics, are they going in."

A: "I don't know the status on that."

Lead of engine and technology studio, everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

At least he knows pop tarts.