Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Why is tony studying bugs anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Fecha posted:

Inspiration for designing next generation surgical instruments.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fecha posted:

He finds their straightforward approach to relationships soothing.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Splicer posted:

Posture is mad important for shoulders. What Is Feelings Tony and Confidently Doing Science Tony seem to be two very different aspects of Coyote

That makes sen--god drat it

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Splicer posted:

He finds their straightforward approach to relationships soothing.

Oh wait, that kinda happened...

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
I'm not the biggest fan of the last few pages but man, the reactions I've been seeing elsewhere to this chapter have been wild

"Laughing at people's tiny mistakes is needless cruelty" Laughing at tiny mistakes is a fundamental element of comedy, what are you talking about

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Rasamune posted:

I'm not the biggest fan of the last few pages but man, the reactions I've been seeing elsewhere to this chapter have been wild

"Laughing at people's tiny mistakes is needless cruelty" Laughing at tiny mistakes is a fundamental element of comedy, what are you talking about
Yknow I wasn't sure where I stood on Tony re: cruelty but now that he's laughed at a silly misunderstanding wellllll

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I just don't understand why people can't wait until a thing happens to start freaking out about a chapter.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Lurdiak posted:

I just don't understand why people can't wait until a thing happens to start freaking out about a chapter.

It happens like every chapter, in this thread too. long-term reading is very difficult for some people.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

maswastaken posted:

That would be Ketrak, the insect guide. We're told he's very handsome.

The text at the bottom is very :tinfoil: considering things.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Giant bugs are actually really loving cool and I'd go study them in the rainforest tbh

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Kyte posted:

I swear to god there's panels with Annie making those exact two faces somewhere in this comic.

Does anyone else love the hell out of these two panels? The faces are perfect and seeing Tony lose it and start cracking up at a super nerdy joke really warms my heart :kimchi:

edit: ps: thank you for

Mikl posted:

Sorry.

(Not sorry.)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh no surma dont

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I love the way pretty much every close-up panel of Tony has the sun shining behind him, like the constant aura of a romantic hero.

He also has a weirdly long neck.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Tony is a science hunk, his last name is actually quest.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Eglamore's nose is perfectly rectangular.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Synthbuttrange posted:

oh no surma dont

ha hA HA TOO LATE

she has already partaken on science sausage!!!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!
man tony's even stealing eglamore's joke

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

man tony's even stealing eglamore's joke
As least Eglamore's questionable relationship with Jones will be left untouched.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Haha now we get to see young-Tony through the eyes of young-Surma at the moment where she realized "Hey, Tony's cute, why didn't I notice that before?"

On the previous pages you can even see the changes in Tony's physique as Surma spends more time alone with him.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

On the previous pages you can even see the changes in Tony's physique as Surma spends more time alone with him.

Hm, yes, logically a fire elemental would be able to make boys hotter.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Perfect

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Dangit Tony, stop being all personable and likeable and stuff! :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Surma's bed hair :allears:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I really like how Annie has obvious resemblance to both parents, made especially clear when we see them around her age, but they don't look alike. A lot of the time artists just draw strong resemblance to one parent or they pull a Milhouse and their parents look related.

It's both really good art and makes it really obvious why so many adults get caught up on the resemblance, Annie channels them both a lot in looks and mannerisms.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Anthony Carver continiues to do nothing wrong.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

How wouldn't you fall in love with this guy over old square nose imo

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!
Wait, this makes sense.

Anthony freaked out about Annie's education because he is unable to relax around someone until he has done science with them

Without her education.., Annie can never really know her father!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Hodgepodge posted:

Wait, this makes sense.

Anthony freaked out about Annie's education because he is unable to relax around someone until he has done science with them

Without her education.., Annie can never really know her father!

Excellent post-title combination here M. Bison.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Alright, alright, Tony's being cute.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What if it turns out Annie is right, except that Surma used mind control on Tony...

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

rare Magic card l00k posted:

What if it turns out Annie is right, except that Surma used mind control on Tony...
I have to admit, the signs are there. From the minute they landed, Tony's had a personality, like he's thinking of Surma as some kind of distaff Donnie. She's spoofed his brain! :tinfoil:

Or doing science is like booze to him and it removes his inhibitions. One of those.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
His emotion inhibitors only work on British soil. It was also sort of like that when he chopped of his hand.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Five pages after saying it'll be a nice holiday away from the court, "I know it's not a holiday." Oh Surma.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
They haven't caught malaria yet, so it's still a nice holiday so far.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Cat Mattress posted:

They haven't gone symptomatic yet, so it's still a nice holiday so far.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Uhhh Tony how are you gonna catch the bugs covered in bug repellent, don't you know anything? Jeez

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

God drat, that place seems nice. I could probably fall in love with just about anyone, living in a cool cabin in a beautiful jungle like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I mean, Tony seems hotter. Everything is hotter it's a loving jungle.