Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
theyre going to deliver the game. they have proved that they can deliver high quality games with their past games which include the hobby project barkley 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Barkney

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
People are just poking fun here. Of course the game will come out one day.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Blattdorf posted:

People are just poking fun here. Of course the game will come out one day.

I'm an astronaut and a brain surgeon and I will stop whatever I am doing no matter how important it is when Barkley 2 comes out.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I believe this game will come out before Star Citizen

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

obstipator posted:

theyre going to deliver the game. they have proved that they can deliver high quality games with their past games which include the hobby project barkley 1

They will pass it on for their children to complete

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

WarpDogs posted:

ah, a screenshot from an area we've seen since 2012 and using really funny jokes we've seen since 2012. i am supremely confident that this won't be like the dozens of other times these past 5 years in which they've popped up suddenly to claim everything is good and normal only to fade back into silence immediately after
It's OK to enjoy things, you know.

Even... a b-ball.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
I was really excited when it seemed like they were doing a comprehensive breakdown of the weapon types but then they just stopped and I was disappointed

because just like the kickstarter, it raised my hopes and then dashed them to pieces.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

obstipator posted:

I wish I could get people to pay me $120k to support my hobbies.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Davoren posted:

I wish I could get people to pay me $120k to support my hobbies.

me 2 :]

if you think about it though, those dollarinos were split amongst a group of ToGstErs

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Charkley

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose
Barclay

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

obstipator posted:

why are people impatient? this is a hobby project and while they did get money to help them build it, its not enough for them to work full time or hire a marketer. People whining about it just makes it feel like a chore. They made the 2023 joke because its funny and also to let people know that theres no real deadline for their hobby project. Theres other more important tasks for the devs to do than appease the people that are just going to whine again when they dont see an update. idk if they've ever announced a game they were building before release like they did this one, but i really doubt they will after realizing that appeasing the community is annoying as gently caress. Just wait for the game. Why is it so important for it to come out soon?

You don't need to hire a full-time marketer to be a lot better at communication then they are. They also kind of lost the hobby project thing when they decided to treat it as an actual game they intend to sell for money.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

:chanpop:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

obstipator posted:

why are people impatient? this is a hobby project and while they did get money to help them build it, its not enough for them to work full time or hire a marketer. People whining about it just makes it feel like a chore. They made the 2023 joke because its funny and also to let people know that theres no real deadline for their hobby project. Theres other more important tasks for the devs to do than appease the people that are just going to whine again when they dont see an update. idk if they've ever announced a game they were building before release like they did this one, but i really doubt they will after realizing that appeasing the community is annoying as gently caress. Just wait for the game. Why is it so important for it to come out soon?

cool beans I will never kickstart a game again

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
whenever they try to give any kind of update, people just complain about how the game isnt out yet. why should they put any effort into updating people about things that would be better revealed thru the story when updating the game is more important?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

mike12345 posted:

cool beans I will never kickstart a game again

The world wept

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Blarkey

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

obstipator posted:

whenever they try to give any kind of update, people just complain about how the game isnt out yet. why should they put any effort into updating people about things that would be better revealed thru the story when updating the game is more important?

So it's the thing where you're genuinely confused why, when you ask people for money and say you will give something in exchange at a certain point, people don't like when it turns into an open ended joke of updates and delivery dates (but with their money non jokingly gone)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Ham Sandwiches posted:

So it's the thing where you're genuinely confused why, when you ask people for money and say you will give something in exchange at a certain point, people don't like when it turns into an open ended joke of updates and delivery dates (but with their money non jokingly gone)
The entire thing was always a joke/parody of Kickstarter games and if you willingly gave them your money and didn't understand that then that's on you.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Bill Barber posted:

The entire thing was always a joke/parody of Kickstarter games and if you willingly gave them your money and didn't understand that then that's on you.

Everything is a joke and the best jokes involve hundreds of thousands of other people's dollars through crowdfunding campaigns, it's like performance art, and posts other than thanking them for being idiots mean you didn't understand the joke. Well folks wrap it up.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i legit blame people for not giving this enough money but giving 5 mil to shenmue 3 which will absolutely be a trash game.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It's me. I'm the guy that donated money to a Kickstarter with this image in the description but am also mad at the lack of serious and timely updates towards the status of the project.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Bill Barber posted:

It's me. I'm the guy that donated money to a Kickstarter with this image in the description but am also mad at the lack of serious and timely updates towards the status of the project.

If you can't laffo that a bunch of dudes got "real busy IRL" right after they got a bunch of other people's money and the hilarious way that they hosed off afterward without even bothering to make excuses then perhaps you're the guy looking at this the wrong way

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah I can't believe people expect a comedic thing to actually exist

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

obstipator posted:

On the off chance you don't get it:

The updates they give are generally extremely low effort and convey little to no information and show almost nothing in the way of progress. If they gave a genuine detailed status update with more clear indications of the product's status then people would alleviate the complaint part. "They can't tell you anything because of spoilers" would be ridiculous even if there weren't dozens of kickstarters that manage comprehensive regular updates without trouble. Cosmic Star Heroine ended up thoroughly average but it was a similar low-budget indie RPG which managed to convey plenty of information, show plenty of progress, and release more quickly than Barkley 2 has despite being delayed.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ham Sandwiches posted:

If you can't laffo that a bunch of dudes got "real busy IRL" right after they got a bunch of other people's money

that is not what occurred.

ImpAtom posted:

The updates they give are generally extremely low effort and convey little to no information and show almost nothing in the way of progress. If they gave a genuine detailed status update with more clear indications of the product's status then people would alleviate the complaint part. "They can't tell you anything because of spoilers" would be ridiculous even if there weren't dozens of kickstarters that manage comprehensive regular updates without trouble.

this is true. there have been some great updates with lots of information but they're like 18 months apart.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Groovelord Neato posted:

that is not what occurred.

If you feel there's more nuance missing to the story why not provide it?

They ran a KS campaign in 2012 with a delivery of Dec 2013, in May of 2016 they posted that they were real busy IRL

Please add whatever is missing to this gripping saga of woe, treachery, and struggle against all odds :ohdear:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think the major problem was that they put all their eggs in the GameMaker basket and it ended up having big problems for them in a way they didn't expect, and then they ran out of money.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the scope of the project changed early on so the deadline obviously needed to be extended

when i backed this ($40 tier iirc!!! #💵) I was considering that a donation to them for Barkley 1 and so they could keep making jokie jokes. But now everyone just complains when they post and ignores that they stream art on occasion. gort stopped posting even tho he was funny as h*ck so now my donation toward jokie jokes is dwindling. The ToG TeaM doesnt want to be drained by the complainants when they just want to use their energy on the game. and the people that are complaining sound like tthe kind of people that wouldnt even enjoy the humor in the game, so why did they back it in the first place?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I will never get piss pantsy at the togsters. If Barky 2 takes another five years then so be it.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

i would never give money to kickstarters too dumb to not take the money and run.. a true paradox

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
This thread is like the line-waiting minigame and no one has the courage to CUT

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Super Rad posted:

This thread is like the line-waiting minigame and no one has the courage to CUT

but... but... thats my allowance!!!

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

ImpAtom posted:

On the off chance you don't get it:

The updates they give are generally extremely low effort and convey little to no information and show almost nothing in the way of progress. If they gave a genuine detailed status update with more clear indications of the product's status then people would alleviate the complaint part. "They can't tell you anything because of spoilers" would be ridiculous even if there weren't dozens of kickstarters that manage comprehensive regular updates without trouble. Cosmic Star Heroine ended up thoroughly average but it was a similar low-budget indie RPG which managed to convey plenty of information, show plenty of progress, and release more quickly than Barkley 2 has despite being delayed.

You should know that your posts, and all posts in this thread, may be featured in the game itself

So, by all means :justpost:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Truecon420 posted:

You should know that your posts, and all posts in this thread, may be featured in the game itself

So, by all means :justpost:

I'd be more worried if I thought the game was actually coming out.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

:morning:

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
B-b-b-b-b-BARKEE!!!!

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose
Berkeley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Everything is a joke and the best jokes involve hundreds of thousands of other people's dollars through crowdfunding campaigns, it's like performance art, and posts other than thanking them for being idiots mean you didn't understand the joke. Well folks wrap it up.

That feel when you die of irony poisoning.