Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Get me that BB tag <3 plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

VideoGames posted:

Also I tried to make a couple of gang tags.

If anyone approves, I will try to get them added. Or please someone make better ones! (I am not very artistic!!)

The vanquish one is awesome.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

ElwoodCuse posted:

This was the best ridiculous PS2 story. Second best was when they were claiming it could render Toy Story in real-time.

I still think of every new console I ever buy in terms of Toy-Story rendering capabilities

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm also someone who didn't totally get into Vanquish but I can still tell it is brilliant. The way it balances safety with balls-out craziness is like nothing else from its genre.

And like I said, it totally is - when it actually allows you to do that. But when I got to replay it I noticed how many of its setpieces don't actually let you take advantage of your mobility by sticking you on a platform the size of a pickup truck, or just making you hustle through a bunch of empty rooms that definitely look like they'd make great combat arenas (the lovingly detailed control room just before you battle that miniboss in the highway tunnel is a standout).

Also I just don't like games where you constantly have a squadron of assholes yelling in your ear to get a move on all the time, even if Platinum turned them into handy power-up dispensers whenever they went down in combat.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 23, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

VideoGames posted:

If anyone approves, I will try to get them added. Or please someone make better ones! (I am not very artistic!!)

Both own really. I love both games and no one should talk poo poo about them. Good job there!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my favorite two characters in bloodborne are the weird fuckin alien babies and every single person you kill that says "this town is finished"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

which alien babies, there's a few

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the ones that hang out in the forbidden woods or i guess technically also iosefkas clinic

do i need to spoiler that. the game has been out forever but i still feel like i should

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the blue man group were a weird choice for a cameo in bloodborne but, hell, it worked

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I tried a long time to beat the 6th challenge in Vanquish, but I never did. It would be hard to hone my skills back up again for it now. The only thing that kept me from a platinum trophy on that one, love that game.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Get me that BB tag <3 plz

Same, I wanna be a Bloodborne Boy!

Haven't played enough Vanquish. I should fix that but that means starting up the PS3 again...

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Is vanquish confirmed for PS4 or what is all the vanquish chat about

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Someone said vanquish wasn't good and was rightly found guilty of bad opinion having by a jury of their peers.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

many of its setpieces don't actually let you take advantage of your mobility by sticking you on a platform the size of a pickup truck
I guess those parts were the inescapable rule of that age of shooters, basically a turret sequence but where you can move around a little bit.

I forget what the original justification was for sequences like those in shooters.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Holy gently caress do I want to be a Bloodborne Boy, I've put 60 hours into that game since I started and every time I try to stop I play 5 minutes of another game and then remember what I wanna do next for my character and fire it up.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 23, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I've put many hours into BB but I can't play it for more than a couple at a time

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Bust Rodd posted:

every time I try to stop Inplay 5 minutes of another game and then remember what I wanna do next for my character and fire it up.

This is me but for persona 5.

Bloodborne rules though

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I'm a BloodBourne boy!

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

All this vanquish talk got me playing it again. Man I'm rusty as hell and dying as I slide. Doesn't help that my save is somewhere in the middle of Hard mode. One day I hope to tackle God Hard, and show Burns my friendship.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess those parts were the inescapable rule of that age of shooters, basically a turret sequence but where you can move around a little bit.

I forget what the original justification was for sequences like those in shooters.

It's also just one of those inexplicable things Platinum loves to do, The Wonderful 101 had a bunch of similar sequences but the gameplay style didn't jar so much with your limited mobility there.

Like I said, Vanquish's core gameplay is excellent, but its campaign does everything possible can to smother it. It sort of reminds me of Resident Evil 6, in that way.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 23, 2017

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

Holy gently caress do I want to be a Bloodborne Boy, I've put 60 hours into that game since I started and every time I try to stop I play 5 minutes of another game and then remember what I wanna do next for my character and fire it up.

These days I literally just fire it up to hang out near Papa Gascoigne and help newbies with their fights against him by sawing him in half :black101:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

These are v good and thank you in advance for switching my snipperclip tag for the vanquish one.

You are very goodat computer art and deserve an ice cream

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Make me a real bloodborne boy.
Also remove my old rear end avatar. Tia

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

lostleaf posted:

The demo is very representative of the rest of the game. There are 4 more levels about the same size and complexity. There is an additional game play element with a drone which is basically the games magic system which unfortunately is very limited. You can't make a build around it. There's some sidequests that don't affect the ending but interesting nonetheless. It does get repetitive at the end but no more than the souls series. I got it on sale for $40 and was very happy about it. It took me about 60 hours to beat NG. NG+ does have some remixed enemies but I got burned out around 80 hours. I hope the developer can make a sequel because the story is very cool. And like the souls series, it's not spelled out for you. You have to piece together the story yourself thru logs and paying attention. Definitely get it if it goes on sale again.

Thanks. A bit disappointing that there are only four more zones but since I haven't even finished exploring this first one, that may not be as big an issue as it sounds.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Space Harrier level in Bayonetta successfully broke me of the delusion that I would 100% that game

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Put over 300 hours into Bloodborne, I think I'm a boy. :ohdear:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
i would love to be a bloodborne boy 👦

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Thanks. A bit disappointing that there are only four more zones but since I haven't even finished exploring this first one, that may not be as big an issue as it sounds.

The zones are quite twisty and turny with a fair bit to poke around in, FWIW. Get used to looking at industrial metal and gun grey paint schemes though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Uh, if you're playing the EU version Jak & Daxter don't try switching the graphics option to 60Hz to see what happens...

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
I own both Vanquish and Bloodborne but I've yet to play either. :sad:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

AutomaticPrince posted:

I own both Vanquish and Bloodborne but I've yet to play either. :sad:

Don't bother playing any other games until you beat these two. Go play 'em now!

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Sakurazuka posted:

Uh, if you're playing the EU version Jak & Daxter don't try switching the graphics option to 60Hz to see what happens...

what happens

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MechaSeinfeld posted:

What do you think Saddam Husseins fav ps2 game was?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I want to see K-Dog

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

What do you think Saddam Husseins fav ps2 game was? I bet he would've liked Killer7.

He never got to play his PS2s, Uday was too busy watching his Air Bud DVDs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have it on good authority that Saddam Hussein loved Final Fantasy X and cried like a little baby at the end.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Rest mode is useless because every time I boot up Persona 5 I'm going for the whole intro

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
To paraphrase Albert Burneko (though he was talking about the identical feature on the Xbone), "the primary purpose of Rest Mode seems to be making you feel like Ed Begley Jr. for not using it"

What, actually, is the purpose of making your PS4 constantly eat up an amount of power equivalent to a ceiling fan while you're not using it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jumping right back into a game and actually playing in literally 3.5 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Booo rest mode, I hate games loading up quickly and effortlessly.