Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I was bored tonight and I had 1 divine orb so I bought a ventor's to try for the dream.

Rarity: Unique
Ventor's Gamble
Gold Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 65
--------
Item Level: 76
--------
14% increased Rarity of Items found
--------
+41 to maximum Life
10% increased Quantity of Items found
9% increased Rarity of Items found
+16% to Fire Resistance
+47% to Cold Resistance
+49% to Lightning Resistance
--------
In a blaze of glory,
An anomaly defying all odds
The "unkillable" beast met the divine
And Ventor met his latest trophy.

hooray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
For a sunder gladiator, hatred + HoA or brutality + blasphemy vulnerability and another aura?

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

CubeTheory posted:

I was bored tonight and I had 1 divine orb so I bought a ventor's to try for the dream.

Rarity: Unique
Ventor's Gamble
Gold Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 65
--------
Item Level: 76
--------
14% increased Rarity of Items found
--------
+41 to maximum Life
10% increased Quantity of Items found
9% increased Rarity of Items found
+16% to Fire Resistance
+47% to Cold Resistance
+49% to Lightning Resistance
--------
In a blaze of glory,
An anomaly defying all odds
The "unkillable" beast met the divine
And Ventor met his latest trophy.

hooray

I wonder what that will go for. I sold a +2%quant -26% rare ventors (with worse resists) for 20c.

Apparently Animate Weapon likes negative rarity, but how yours has much more broad appeal.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lungboy posted:

For a sunder gladiator, hatred + HoA or brutality + blasphemy vulnerability and another aura?

compare it in PoB?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Just curious, what are some gems I can get from a vendor that I can sell to players for an okay sum after I Gemcutter it at level 20 for a 20% quality one?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

This is the most valuable thing I've ever had in this game.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

queeb posted:

anyone have a guide or suggestion for a raider ele wander? i see pathfinder ones, guess its probably the same tree except ice bite and a pisscators due to the flat ele?

Hey Queeb and anyone else, I thought I would share my wander tree because it actually is different then anything you'd find on the forums, only slightly of course. I've actually tried just about every ranger tree out there and im fully convinced this is probably the best. It's also already helped a few goons double their dps just through passives alone. And finally, the last good thing about it that I'll share is that it's the same exact tree for either pathfinder or raider. Literally the only difference is that Raider is going to grab Fangs of Frost over Arcing Blows (which is still a fine cluster once you got wrath up and running) and of course, grab all frenzies. Pathfinder on the other hand is just going to grab flask effectiveness (which ill tell you more after the tree: spoiler, its bugged).

edit: links didn't work so here's just a link to my profile: Pathfinder Build As I said the only difference between the Raider tree is you pick up all frenzys and grab Fangs of Frost instead of Arcing Blows.

As you can see both trees are starved for points, so despite what i believed and was telling people early on, I'm now quite certain that Kill All Bandits is the way to go. Alira all res, regen and multi is nice, but we can do more with two points depending on your level.

Other things about the tree: yes, the wand attack speed plus accuracy nodes are still better then taken the increased damage, even if you're are using Lycosidae and cannot miss.
Why not Heart of Oak + Ballistic Mastery? This is a VP leech build meaning we cannot regen, plus going by acro saves us points, allows us to grab it, and takes us right by Revenge of the Hunted Cluster.

I think the only mandatory clusters besides the class specific ascendancy stuff, is Primeval Force, Arcing Blows OR Fangs of Frost, and either Wandslinger or the Big Wand Cluster, or preferably both.

edit: forgot to mention the bug, and this goes for all pathfinders using 50%+ flask effectiveness by using Conqueror's Potency Jewel (the only way u can go above 50). Anyway, when the gem is equipped you cannot remove bleeds with your flasks. I don't use master surgeon so I'm not sure about that, but staunching flasks do not remove bleeds. Oddly enough, they will cure corrupted blood stacks, just not bleeds. I just heard and talked to people about this today, and thinking back on all my deaths it makes A LOT of sense. I'm praying GGG fixes it real quick cause im not sure what to do. I guess Ill buy another rare jewel in the meantime.

10bux fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 23, 2017

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NachtSieger posted:

Just curious, what are some gems I can get from a vendor that I can sell to players for an okay sum after I Gemcutter it at level 20 for a 20% quality one?

http://poe.trade/search/otahekekamabar

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

10bux posted:

Hey Queeb and anyone else, I thought I would share my wander tree because it actually is different then anything you'd find on the forums, only slightly of course. I've actually tried just about every ranger tree out there and im fully convinced this is probably the best. It's also already helped a few goons double their dps just through passives alone. And finally, the last good thing about it that I'll share is that it's the same exact tree for either pathfinder or raider. Literally the only difference is that Raider is going to grab Fangs of Frost over Arcing Blows (which is still a fine cluster once you got wrath up and running) and of course, grab all frenzies. Pathfinder on the other hand is just going to grab flask effectiveness (which ill tell you more after the tree: spoiler, its bugged).

Raider Tree

Pathfinder Tree

As you can see both trees are starved for points, so despite what i believed and was telling people early on, I'm now quite certain that Kill All Bandits is the way to go. Alira all res, regen and multi is nice, but we can do more with two points depending on your level.

Other things about the tree: yes, the wand attack speed plus accuracy nodes are still better then taken the increased damage, even if you're are using Lycosidae and cannot miss.
Why not Heart of Oak + Ballistic Mastery? This is a VP leech build meaning we cannot regen, plus going by acro saves us points, allows us to grab it, and takes us right by Revenge of the Hunted Cluster.

I think the only mandatory clusters besides the class specific ascendancy stuff, is Primeval Force, Arcing Blows OR Fangs of Frost, and either Wandslinger or the Big Wand Cluster, or preferably both.

edit: forgot to mention the bug, and this goes for all pathfinders using 50%+ flask effectiveness by using Conqueror's Potency Jewel (the only way u can go above 50). Anyway, when the gem is equipped you cannot remove bleeds with your flasks. I don't use master surgeon so I'm not sure about that, but staunching flasks do not remove bleeds. Oddly enough, they will cure corrupted blood stacks, just not bleeds. I just heard and talked to people about this today, and thinking back on all my deaths it makes A LOT of sense. I'm praying GGG fixes it real quick cause im not sure what to do. I guess Ill buy another rare jewel in the meantime.

The bug is just with instant flasks right? You could put the bleed immunity on a diamond and be fine.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
How much does a good set of wander gear cost?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hakimashou posted:

How much does a good set of wander gear cost?
Rings can be fairly costly.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Rings can be fairly costly.

I have a bow raider and after buying enough regrets to change my tree I'd have at least 800c to spend on gear, doable?

One way or anther I'm getting to where I have to spend a big chunk, if I stick with bow raider it's 7-800c for a 6L bow and a kaoms, and I'm like 150c away from having enough for that.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Aug 23, 2017

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

hakimashou posted:

I have a bow raider and after buying enough regrets to change my tree I'd have at least 800c to spend on gear, doable?

That's plenty enough to take down all content, wanders will suck up as much currency as you can throw at it but really a few hundred chaos will get you super far (thanks to barrage being stupid OP).

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I noticed that Volley Fire makes attackes to the side, too, does that mean you can crowd clear with 3 Volley Fires? Or do you still need a 4/5L KB?

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
Picked this up a few days ago and really liking it.

Question. Can someone explain Vaal orbs to me? I read the wiki, and see they can make maps more powerful which makes sense. They also corrupt gear? This is the part I get lost at. They corrupt gear to do what, exactly? Why is corrupt gear better, or is it?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Ciaphas posted:

I finally beat Shaper (e without bug abuse)! Then lost the screenshot from the clipboard when I ctrl-C'd a rare weapon he dropped. Oh well. :v:

Next time, hit F8 to take a screenshot that won't be lost!

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Goa Tse-tung posted:

compare it in PoB?

Ta, keep forgetting about PoB. Turns out that Hatred + HoA is much better than Brutality with my current weapon, particularly if I get a Witchfire. It could well change if i upgrade weapons though.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Alloran posted:

Question. Can someone explain Vaal orbs to me? I read the wiki, and see they can make maps more powerful which makes sense. They also corrupt gear? This is the part I get lost at. They corrupt gear to do what, exactly? Why is corrupt gear better, or is it?

Vaal orb corruption can occasionally apply really really really good implicit modifiers on items. For gems, you can occasionally boost the level or quality above 20.

Getting curse on hit gloves, +1 curse amulets, +1 frenzy charge boots, +1 arrow quivers, or +1 to all gems on armor are huge power boosts on items you were already going to use anyway.

It's risky and you're likely to end up bricking whatever item you were going to use, so it's sort of dumb to Vaal things wildly unless you're already swimming in currency to replace your losses.

Svensken
May 29, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I noticed that Volley Fire makes attackes to the side, too, does that mean you can crowd clear with 3 Volley Fires?

Don't know how it is for wanders, but I leveled to 80 as Ele Barrage doing this with a Drillneck and a rare bow. I've been clearing red Beachheads without issue

The only real downside to doing it is the opportunity cost of giving up 3 jewel slots.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
What's the standard for uber lab enchanting these days? I've been doing it for items that I plan to use, but I'd like to grab some white ilvl 84+ stuff to enchant.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

KoldPT posted:

What's the standard for uber lab enchanting these days? I've been doing it for items that I plan to use, but I'd like to grab some white ilvl 84+ stuff to enchant.

The armour (royal burgonet) and armour/eva (no idea) are pretty safe crafts. There's also stuff like starkonja's, devoto's, rats nest, abyssus if you wanna win the specific enchant lottery.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Alloran posted:

Vaal Orbs corrupt everything you use them on. All that means is you can't make any further modifications to the item. Sometimes Vaal Orbs do really powerful things, like adding properties to uniques (which can't otherwise be modified), raising skill gems above level 20 (which is also impossible to do any other way) and so on. Sometimes they brick stuff - the first tab of the gstash is by tradition full of uniques that got ruined by Vaal Orbs, for instance. But whatever they do you're stuck with the result.*

*The one exception is that level 8 Vorici can apply all his crafts to corrupted items, but it costs you one Vaal orb per unit of other currency. So if you want to 6L a corrupted item, it's going to cost 1500 Fusings and 1500 Vaals, aka a shitload of money.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 23, 2017

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Learned a few lessons yesterday. First, I spend far too much time during town excursions. I lost two town portals in areas I hadn't found a waypoint. :negative:

Then I learned that the way I built this character, he is extremely weak to elemental damage and has difficulty with single, large targets. Is there a generic set of ranges I should be targeting for things like resistances, life totals or leech?

I also got to learn about mana multipliers in support gems. I had no idea I could cost myself out of skills so easily, so a lot of my planning got scrapped.

Still, this game is really good. Aside from boss encounters not feeling great and in general having a lot to take in, I'm not finding a lot to complain about. Definitely scratching that Diablo 2 itch.

Are uniques incredibly rare in this? I've only seen a pair of boots and a gem so far. (Neither one good for a duelist.)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

NofrikinfuN posted:

Learned a few lessons yesterday. First, I spend far too much time during town excursions. I lost two town portals in areas I hadn't found a waypoint. :negative:

Then I learned that the way I built this character, he is extremely weak to elemental damage and has difficulty with single, large targets. Is there a generic set of ranges I should be targeting for things like resistances, life totals or leech?

I also got to learn about mana multipliers in support gems. I had no idea I could cost myself out of skills so easily, so a lot of my planning got scrapped.

Still, this game is really good. Aside from boss encounters not feeling great and in general having a lot to take in, I'm not finding a lot to complain about. Definitely scratching that Diablo 2 itch.

Are uniques incredibly rare in this? I've only seen a pair of boots and a gem so far. (Neither one good for a duelist.)
You always want at least 75% resistance to each element. Uniques as such are not rare, good uniques are. Suggested life totals you want to target depend on what exactly you do, and which league you play. Generally speaking, it's "as much as possible".

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

NofrikinfuN posted:

Gear for elemental resists and life. You can get away with not worrying too much for the first few acts but you really want your resists maxed at all times, and then as much life as you can get on top.

Uniques start out rare but in the endgame it's rare an hour goes by when I don't get at least one. Good ones, on the other hand, come along about once a year, if you're lucky.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Specifically you want 75% resistance to cold, fire and lightning. Don't worry so much about chaos, but if you can fit some chaos res in without gimping your gear it's a nice bonus.

Life and the like depends on your build but the old rule of thumb was ~4k by the end of Merciless, which would correspond to the end of Act 10 now. If you're playing in Hardcore defence obviously becomes even more important.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Also as you level your mana pool grows naturally, and support gems' mana multiplers generally matter less. There's a few builds that still have mana issues endgame like traps and srs but it's a lot less common.

E: also, what skill are you using at the moment? It's not uncommon to have one regular skill for going through areas and then another one specifically for bosses.

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Aug 23, 2017

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Looks like neither of the poeurl links work

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

lagcats posted:

anyone still playing dis game

No this is the la mulana discussion thread.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Count Uvula posted:

What We're Working On

I'm betting on the missing minor gods being the expansion, personally.

I'm betting the atlas/maps gets an overhaul to integrate all the new boss fights and some new tilesets.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kild posted:

can't get faster than wander.

dark pact is pretty drat fast lol

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

except its just a diff mtx BF ResidentSleeper

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

queeb posted:

Looks like neither of the poeurl links work

Sorry dude, used some third party site and it apparently didnt want to export.

Here's my profile:: Pathfinder Build

As I said the only difference between the Raider tree is you pick up all frenzys and grab Fangs of Frost instead of Arcing Blows.

Things like Primal Spirit, Crackling Blows, and Phase Acrobatics you can spec in and out of depending on your character needs.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
druidic rite for 20% flask duration and 20% charges gained is really good imo

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Awesome! posted:

i have seen invites going out over the last few days. people are starting to get bored and drop off.

posting your character name is a good idea though

Cool. Giving this a shot since I asked last night. Character name: Ribisi

Please shoot me a guild invite if there is one open. I play a lot.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

dark pact doesn't kill 3 screens over.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Yeah the biggest annoyance I have with Dark Pact is even with +AoE nodes and inc. AoE gem its range feels pitiful clearing for example Breaches, after having spent Mayhem running around destroying every monster in the breach every time I tapped my Kinetic Blast button. Really that's the big reason AoE skills '''''suck''''' at the moment, projectiles can just get so much better coverage and AoE skills don't really have anything else to excel at to make up for that.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I don't know much about selling items, if I wanted to sell that Ventors how would I go about figuring out what it's worth?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_AXARCA_/characters

Alright, after taking your itemization and skill suggestions into account, I've come to this. What else can I improve? I've got 20 chaos orbs IIRC. Should I dump this and make a new build or is it still salvageable.

(The character I'm taking about is ElAvion, btw)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

CubeTheory posted:

I don't know much about selling items, if I wanted to sell that Ventors how would I go about figuring out what it's worth?

The general trick is to just go on poe.trade and look for items with similar stats, or the popular "ask someone else to do it for you" method.