Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

fknlo posted:

Don't think I saw this posted in here?

That's going to be nuts.

I am so ready for a desert city map. I really want to run around that alamo looking thing blasting people with the over-under.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I want a kowloon walled city map

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Pleads posted:

I have poor short term memory but I think it's like 5 points for a kill vs 500 points for first place (with a heavy point load in the top 10 and a sharp drop-off beyond).

Understandable I guess for a game about last man standing but yeah more points for kills would be good. Maybe 25 or so?

Any ideas how many people are playing or what the system is here? Like a bunch of qualifying matches and a final match with the top 100 scores or something?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Why did the 80 man match start with 71 players?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

odiv posted:

Working elevators too much to ask for?
This would be really cool.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

fknlo posted:

That's going to be nuts.

Final circles there would be a lot of fun. Hoping they work on the optimization a bit more before they crank out that next map. Hope they get a snow map working eventually, fighting on an alpine map with the occasional blizzard would be great.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This would be really cool.

Aren't elevators a serious challenge to get working right in multiplayer games?

I only recall BF4 Singapore having a "working" elevator. Even then it only worked by closing the doors and teleporting the players to the top.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Captain Beans posted:

Aren't elevators a serious challenge to get working right in multiplayer games?

I only recall BF4 Singapore having a "working" elevator. Even then it only worked by closing the doors and teleporting the players to the top.
Are they? I don't play a lot of multiplayer shooters but I don't see how an elevator could be more complicated than a jeep.

A train that circles the map or one area would be cool too.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

haha 3pp solo, what a snooze fest

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I prefer 3pp

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Calibanibal posted:

haha 3pp solo, what a snooze fest

Every building in the middle of the circle is camped and people on the edges are running from fights because of the tournament point structure.

Yeah this is bad.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Pleads posted:

Every building in the middle of the circle is camped and people on the edges are running from fights because of the tournament point structure.

Yeah this is bad.

It's been made very defensive but the middle game is usually boring as poo poo anyway. I'm just hoping it means more people packed into tiny circles because that will be easier for these clowns to spectate without loving it up. They need to leave xray mode on for the love of god.

Edit: The choice of view is god awful. They have firefights all around a closing circle and they choose to stay on some idiot leaning back and forth in a house peeking out a window.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Aug 23, 2017

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Good soup! posted:

lmao why, 90 percent of the time I drop there, no one else does and I get solid loot (rifles, usually level 2 vest/helm, plenty of attachments) and generally a vehicle that I can zip to any part of the map I need to

What the gently caress kind of mmr do you have that no one goes to pochinki? I'm guessing either super duper high or super duper low. Unless it's far off the path I usually see at least 8-9 chutes hit pochinki pretty much every solo game.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

DrNutt posted:

What the gently caress kind of mmr do you have that no one goes to pochinki? I'm guessing either super duper high or super duper low. Unless it's far off the path I usually see at least 8-9 chutes hit pochinki pretty much every solo game.

He's talking about the tournament my man

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

haha the stream just now was two dudes 10 ft apart in a 2 minute stalemate. each hiding behind a tree and watching the other in 3rd person. why did they think anyone wanted to watch 3pp or solo or god forbid both

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

no he isn't, and this is an impressive amount of contextual misunderstanding

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
wow Break found a shack and annihilated everyone

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

uh.

Good soup! posted:

lmao why, 90 percent of the time I drop there, no one else does and I get solid loot (rifles, usually level 2 vest/helm, plenty of attachments) and generally a vehicle that I can zip to any part of the map I need to

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

haha he's getting interviewed and he's shaking like a newborn foal. calm down dude you squatted in a shack for 5 minutes

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

that was the finest esports I have ever seen

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Aw come on. I've been shaking when it's down to top 5 when I'm alone at home. Give the guy a break.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Calibanibal posted:

haha the stream just now was two dudes 10 ft apart in a 2 minute stalemate. each hiding behind a tree and watching the other in 3rd person. why did they think anyone wanted to watch 3pp or solo or god forbid both

I think third person is nicer to watch due to it being less spastic (it takes less camera panning around in 3rd person to scan the same area vs swinging the mouse around a ton to scan in 1st).

That said making the points scoring based on living and not kills was stupid, 1st and 3rd would both camp. They should have made the score work like this: kills give x points. Top ten positions gain a multiplier per position applied to kill points.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

This is the worst eSport.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

this game just wasnt meant to be esport. but fpp squad might at least approach the idea of actual entertainment

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the game could be an esport if there was some sort of impartial observer dictating red zones and loot placement and poo poo but it's not great for CYBER SPORTS when like half of the players in a match can only find a level one jockstrap and a slingshot and need to turn into bridge-huddling trolls in order to get the most Bluehole Bucks or whatever the gently caress this tournament is

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the game could be an esport if there was some sort of impartial observer dictating red zones and loot placement and poo poo but it's not great for CYBER SPORTS when like half of the players in a match can only find a level one jockstrap and a slingshot and need to turn into bridge-huddling trolls in order to get the most Bluehole Bucks or whatever the gently caress this tournament is

Sounds like CS:GO is more your speed. The game is the game. And if you'd have watched that first match nothing even remotely close to what you're talking about happened.

Captain Beans posted:

They should have made the score work like this: kills give x points. Top ten positions gain a multiplier per position applied to kill points.

That's actually a really good idea.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Calibanibal posted:

haha he's getting interviewed and he's shaking like a newborn foal. calm down dude you squatted in a shack for 5 minutes

You mean you don't get the adrenaline shakes in the Final 5?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
there was a dude with level one everything and an ump in the final 10

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Hockles posted:

You mean you don't get the adrenaline shakes in the Final 5?
Thankfully this drops down to almost unnoticeable levels after a while. Then again, it was part of what made the game so addictive at the start.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Qmass posted:

Thankfully this drops down to almost unnoticeable levels after a while. Then again, it was part of what made the game so addictive at the start.

I've tried to stick to FPP solo games, and I am back to the beginning of being bad at this game. So, in the rare occasion I make the Top 5, it's still a big deal.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

fknlo posted:

That's going to be nuts.

I've been in final circles that closed in Pochinki which turned into WWII I can't even imagine how insane it will be when it's buildings that are taller than 3 stories

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

willroc7 posted:

wow Break found a shack and annihilated everyone

I'm a big fan of Break, so that was intense as gently caress.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
yeah break's streams are really good and he is a humble dude

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Good soup! posted:

haha whoops, too early and no coffee. I mixed up this guy talking about the commentators and pochinki with you. I'm up to date!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

no he isn't, and this is an impressive amount of contextual misunderstanding

Oh shutup, nerd

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the funniest part of that honking is when ninja just straight exists the game

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

ChesterJT posted:

Sounds like CS:GO is more your speed. The game is the game. And if you'd have watched that first match nothing even remotely close to what you're talking about happened.

That's actually a really good idea.
I think it would be pretty dumb to have anyone but the last guy standing be there winner. It's right there on the screen. If that makes it a bad esport, it's a bad esport, so be it.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I think it would be pretty dumb to have anyone but the last guy standing be there winner. It's right there on the screen. If that makes it a bad esport, it's a bad esport, so be it.

But they're doing multiple rounds so it has to be points based. And the points can be set up in any way possible. Unless they do multiple point qualifying rounds then just take the top 10 or something with a modified rules server and last man standing wins that. Maybe something with fast circles so it doesn't take forever.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

I've been in final circles that closed in Pochinki which turned into WWII I can't even imagine how insane it will be when it's buildings that are taller than 3 stories

the best final circles in the game are the ones that end in cities by far

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that ninja guy is hilarious to watch die, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
weird that this pubg invitational only invited what appear to be the 100 people from my first game ever of pubg

• Locked thread