Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
maybe she is playing a sociopath, freeing slaves and stuff was just an avenue to power

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Emilia Clarke is fine

Sansa and Murderhobokid (cant remember her name) are worse

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Zzulu posted:

Emilia Clarke is fine

Airy, uh...

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
tbh i can think of one genre where these facial expressions would be a selling point

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Musicals?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

:gary: :yarg:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Emilia Clarke is fine

sansa is bad can convey emotions, ary is ugly but can convey emotions.
dany can stare blankly and shout in elvish.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

I hope Tormund accidently fucks her to death and screams in horror like Chris Farley in that dinner scene in Tommy boy

Now I am sad we'll never see Chris Farley again.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
How the gently caress did she get the job actually?
wasnt there ANY kind of casting, didnt they want to see her performing ANYthing before handing her the contract?
im utterly convinced she signed the contract with her mouth, and by contract i mean cock and by sign i mean suck.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
If the writing is this bad, maybe it is the directing and editing?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Something about the English, when they talk, they flap their ugly roast beef lips all over the place

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Yolomon Wayne posted:

How the gently caress did she get the job actually?
wasnt there ANY kind of casting, didnt they want to see her performing ANYthing before handing her the contract?
im utterly convinced she signed the contract with her mouth, and by contract i mean cock and by sign i mean suck.

Doe-eyed innocent / scared girl who's being railed by a giant Warlord was the Season 1 requirement, which she nailed perfectly.

The character was suppose to grow, sadly the actress couldn't.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Our show is so edgy, we're not afraid to kill anyone.

*Kills two characters that 70% of the viewers have to turn to the nearest book reader to explain who they are*

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Doe-eyed innocent / scared girl who's being railed by a giant Warlord was the Season 1 requirement, which she nailed perfectly.

Only thing she can play is a mindless fucktoy, lines up with my previous statement.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

Something about the English, when they talk, they flap their ugly roast beef lips all over the place

well thats not very nice, the British have nice lips

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I've noticed Tyrion has been less funny lately and more serious about everything. Dinklage is a good actor, writing is bad and all of his internal strife still mostly revolves around him being a dwarf.

The subplot about Dany maybe being a bit crazy / tyrannical is being introduced very ham-fist and falls flat with me. We know Dany isn't a psychopath, so if it's not a mystery (or even a consideration) for the viewer then it seems like Tyrion and Varys are wringing their hands over nothing and wasting time, which they are.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Maybe Tyrion doesn't have many reasons to be funny. Being exiled at a court of a queen who doesn't respect him, and basically having to go along with a planned genocide of his family.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I've noticed Tyrion has been less funny lately and more serious about everything. Dinklage is a good actor, writing is bad and all of his internal strife still mostly revolves around him being a dwarf.

The subplot about Dany maybe being a bit crazy / tyrannical is being introduced very ham-fist and falls flat with me. We know Dany isn't a psychopath, so if it's not a mystery (or even a consideration) for the viewer then it seems like Tyrion and Varys are wringing their hands over nothing and wasting time, which they are.

The writers are loving Dinklage, one of the finest actors of our generation, over big time with their halfassed writing and character development. They should at least let him ride one of the dragons.

The two ladies vying for power in Westeros are being written as their house animals. I can't watch any scene with Cersei at this point without seeing her as a mother lion, and Dany is slowly transforming into a dragon.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Dinklage is an ok actor

He's not interesting to watch as "serious dwarf" though

HE was way more interesting as the hedonistic fucker who kept joking and loving with people

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Zzulu posted:

Dinklage is an ok actor

HE was way more interesting as the hedonistic fucker who kept joking and loving with people

I was really hoping after bronn's complaints about not getting paid that one ep that he'd be captured and wind up drinking and whoring with tyrion again after the battle, but welp

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Ol' Pete is already thinking about how loving bad his character has gotten, and where he can go work after this thing blows over

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Are we ever going to find out what happened with the jackass and the honeycomb?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ElGroucho posted:

Ol' Pete is already thinking about how loving bad his character has gotten, and where he can go work after this thing blows over

Im game for a willow reboot

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

We know Dany isn't a psychopath

Really? Wanting to use "fire and blood" to conquer an entire country just to reclaim some stupid chair that you think is your legacy isn't psychotic in any way?

She could have lived a life of easy luxury after Q'arth, that wasn't enough for her, because she's insane enough to think she can run the world. All political leaders are slightly psychotic in that respect.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think most sane people would agree that Dany's acting and the writers writing have ruined the show. 7 episodes to go.

Has there ever been a long running show where an actor turned out to be so horribly miscast due to inability to grow?

Bran seems to have been perfect. He was a kid. Fell out a window. Sat in a sleigh and now sits under a tree and gives unemotional cryptic responses to any impetus. Jon was fine because he is pretty and now that he is dead he can be wooden as gently caress.

Show is bad. Post more teeeeeteeeeees.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
All the tits have been posted and the show's not giving us any more. :(

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Lol if you're not rooting for the night king by this point

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Zzulu posted:

Dinklage is an ok actor

I hung out with a dwarf at a bar a couple weeks back and he said Dinklage doesn't show up to the little people events any more because he gets swarmed by adoring fans

also PD lives in my friend's neighborhood and he's often spotted riding around on a scooter in a hoodie and sunglasses like the unabomber

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Tailored Sauce posted:

Lol if you're not rooting for the night king by this point

You know I am. Or for those fake spoilers. Dany dying is probably my #1 hope and dream.

Others:

Jon dying
Sansa dying
Theon dying
Arya dying
Jamie dying
Varys dying
Davos dying
Gay worm dying
Melisandie dying
cersie dying
Jon dying
Tyrion dying
Beric dying
Hound dying
mountain dying
Qyburn dying
Briene dying
Tormund dying
Gendry dying
Red witch dying
Ghost dying
Nimeria dying
gurm dying

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
People complain a lot about bad writing, plot holes, teleportation and other dumb poo poo, but no one brings up the real problem: No new tits for the whole season. That's why this show is extremely bad now.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Waltzing Along posted:

Bran seems to have been perfect. He was a kid. Fell out a window. Sat in a sleigh and now sits under a tree and gives unemotional cryptic responses to any impetus. Jon was fine because he is pretty and now that he is dead he can be wooden as gently caress.

poo poo, I just realized Emilia Clarke should have played Bran.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Final episode is going to be like the grand finale of Six Feet Under, with Bran warging in to all the main characters while they die on the toilet, or of dysentery, or heart attack while getting railed.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ElGroucho posted:

Final episode is going to be like the grand finale of Six Feet Under, with Bran warging in to all the main characters while they die on the toilet, or of dysentery, or heart attack while getting railed.

Need the song, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFGvmrJ5rjM

EDIT: Actually, someone should just play this song over slo mo, black and white footage of Hodor :smith:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Dany sliding into crazy town is a big point of the story. It's a combination of being very young and generations of inbreeding. She's not a full blown psychopath but she's certainly not sane either. A better actress could probably convey this but either she can't hack it or is being directed to act that way.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Trast posted:

Dany sliding into crazy town is a big point of the story. It's a combination of being very young and generations of inbreeding. She's not a full blown psychopath but she's certainly not sane either. A better actress could probably convey this but either she can't hack it or is being directed to act that way.

Too bad they need other characters telling each other that shes going crazy or nobody would notice.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

solar energy panel posted:

The writers are loving Dinklage, one of the finest actors of our generation, over big time with their halfassed writing and character development. They should at least let him ride one of the dragons.

The two ladies vying for power in Westeros are being written as their house animals. I can't watch any scene with Cersei at this point without seeing her as a mother lion, and Dany is slowly transforming into a dragon.

WampaLord posted:

Really? Wanting to use "fire and blood" to conquer an entire country just to reclaim some stupid chair that you think is your legacy isn't psychotic in any way?

She could have lived a life of easy luxury after Q'arth, that wasn't enough for her, because she's insane enough to think she can run the world. All political leaders are slightly psychotic in that respect.

oh your critical analysis of this show is so good. let's all suck eachothers dicks over how smart we are about a tv show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

are you all gonna start a youtube channel where you talk about the show and then lovingly caress eachothers faces and bodies for half an hour or what?