Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Now that trump has learned he can pardon people, it's off to the races. RIP Russia investigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Casimir Radon posted:

I'd love to lock the piece of poo poo up for the rest of his life but Donnie threw a wrench into the works. So an admission of wrongdoing is the best we're going to get. At least you get the satisfaction of knowing he's miserable now that he can't call himself America's Toughest Sheriff. Like Donnie he absolutely can't stand it when he's not the center of attention.

He should've gotten manslaughter after the first inmate died from heat stroke.

Hell, you could make a case for obstruction of justice for the immigration stops he made.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I read "IMPEACH" as a poorly worded Face/Off reference

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

A bunch of people are claiming that accepting the pardon opens him up to all sorts of lawsuits because it's a de facto admission of guilt. Can anyone confirm this is the case? Because if so, :lol:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

psydude posted:

A bunch of people are claiming that accepting the pardon opens him up to all sorts of lawsuits because it's a de facto admission of guilt. Can anyone confirm this is the case? Because if so, :lol:

It's not an admission of guilt but it waves your fifth amendment privilege since you are already pardoned from the crime. If you are pardoned then under oath lie about the facts of the crime you were pardoned for you're now guilty of perjuring yourself.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

cowboy elvis posted:

I read "IMPEACH" as a poorly worded Face/Off reference

I want to take his wig...off.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice
Wait -- did he announce the pardon yet, or are people just hypothesizing?

Didn't see any articles about it yet, but maybe I missed them somehow.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

unbutthurtable posted:

Wait -- did he announce the pardon yet, or are people just hypothesizing?

Didn't see any articles about it yet, but maybe I missed them somehow.
Sources are reporting that the paperwork is already drawn up.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They say they've got the paperwork ready to go, which at least means that we're not going to get the amusement of an attempted twitter pardon.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hes testing out the pardon process on apairo before he pardons himself

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Preemptive "but Obama pardoned at least one person, one time, for something" rebuttal

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Prop Wash posted:

Preemptive "but Obama pardoned at least one person, one time, for something" rebuttal

I'm just gonna skip that part and go directly to "You can't be pardoned unless you're guilty :smug: "

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Prop Wash posted:

WAR CRIMINAL CHELSEY MANNING PARDINED BY OBUNGER LIBS CHEER
HERO JOE ARPAIO PARDONED LIBS SCREAM AND CRY
#MAGA

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

psydude posted:

From the relevant SCOTUS case Burdock: "The [pardon] carries an imputation of guilt; acceptance a confession of it."

Additionally, because a pardon provides immunity it removes the fifth amendment protection against self incrimination.

Arpaio was convicted of contempt of court. He was sheriff when the activity that underlies the contempt took place. Typically that would mean that he has some sort of personal immunity, but it's possible that arizona's immunity law is nullified by criminal wrongdoing. I don't really know, but that's the avenue that he gets personally held liable for his actions in a civil suit.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Slim Pickens posted:

#MAGA

I think there should be something said about current political climate when even members of a dead gay comedy forum can accurately predict what the fox news spin will be.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Slim Pickens posted:

#MAGA

How did you read my cousins Facebook page? :confused:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The more I hear about this coming DC juggalo rally the more I wanna go.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
whoop whoop

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

Same

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

M_Gargantua posted:

:confused:

Fill us in, why don't ya?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

https://twitter.com/jackdwagner/status/897278883078168576

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Thanks. I somehow missed that.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

M_Gargantua posted:

Conflicted. Juggalos are disgusting and unsanitary but at least they ain't picky about who becomes family.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

On the 16th there are a bunch of events. One alt right idiot event that's going to get crowded out by locals just like Boston. One liberal protest in front of the Whitehouse. And thousands of juggalos marching to protest being labeled as a gang. Also like 30 weddings.

The juggalo march sounds like the most rad event as a good way to kick off a day that's undoubtedly going to be the most chaotic day in DC since the women's march.

To quote the ICP guy: "of course we're going to try to avoid the weddings but Juggalos make excellent wedding guests"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Don't got a drunk uncle to make a spectacle of himself? Take your pick from our fam to do the job for free!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

IT JUST NEVER loving ENDS

https://twitter.com/flmolly/status/900354775878967296

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Arkansas roads covered in spaghetti sauce following crash, weeks after bourbon, pizza spills

quote:

Arkansas highways have been treated to a three-course meal this month, after a truck crashed and scattered spaghetti sauce on a road early Monday just weeks after two other spills involving bourbon and frozen pizza.

A truck driver distracted by a GPS unit crashed near the intersection of U.S. 278 and Arkansas 24 at Camden and spilled a truckload of spaghetti sauce, officials said.

Camden police Sgt. Cory Sanders said the spaghetti sauce truck was headed to Dallas at about 3 a.m. when its driver over-corrected and rolled over after crossing the center line of the highway. Sanders said the driver suffered minor injuries.

On Aug. 2, a tank car filled with bourbon crashed on Interstate 40 in eastern Arkansas, and motorists on Interstate 30 had to leave the highway at Little Rock on Aug. 9 after a truck accident left frozen pizzas scattered across the road.

At the time of the crash, an Arkansas Department of Transportation spokesperson seemed troubled by the frozen pizza spill after seeing it in person, according to Arkansas Online.

"But there's a lot of frozen pizzas laying out on the interstate right now," Danny Straessle said. "Lots of pizza fatalities."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/900316370138787841

Flags should have been lowered to half mast on August 2nd.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

At some point they're gonna have to start paying people to show up.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hey whatever happened with that story about the SS being broke?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

tastefully arranged labia posted:

They simply force agents to work without the federal equivalent of overtime pay.

Non-payroll expenses? :iiam:

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 23, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Remember back when Michelle Bachmann and the other idiots would produce fake numbers for how much it would cost whenever Obama went anywhere. Where are those people now?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
They are broke, can't pay over time, will still work over time

they hit the federal cap on overtime and just want it raised due to all the extra hours they have to do

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Third World Reggin posted:

They are broke, can't pay over time, will still work over time

they hit the federal cap on overtime and just want it raised due to all the extra hours they have to do

does it reset with the federal fiscal year on oct. 1?

this also happened in 2016 but they were protecting more people because of the election, right?

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

this also happened in 2016 but they were protecting more people because of the election, right?

No, it resets with the calendar year

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

I read it happened before and there is like 10-14 more people that they are protecting than with obama.

i think the trips are a huge part of it

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

BigDave posted:

At some point they're gonna have to start paying people to show up.

They've *always* paid people to show up :unsmigghh:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/donald-trump-campaign-offered-actors-803161

Jesus the before-before times were so long, long ago...

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Oops. Good thing this person isn't the President's Deputy Chief of Staff.

https://twitter.com/DavidWright_CNN/status/900496081045381120

... oh that's a problem!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/900502207098798081

I think it was real cause I've seen multiple tweets about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

it was

I thought it was amazing

• Locked thread