Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

turtlecrunch posted:

+ No longer artificially deflating SR after placements, you should be placed accurately to your SR

Ugh, I haven't even finished my placements and knowing this is making me question if it's even worth the hassle.

They said they regret the gold weapon skins, right? They also said they balance around QP, right? Why not just have winning a QP game net you 1 CP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

why even have placements at that rate, then

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

sr decay is still a thing

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

God, if only.

But the only incentive for comp really needs to be e-peen. Doing placement in comp should give your character portrait a little badge denoting your current rank, which people can see in any game mode.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

placements should be a chance to punch above your current pay grade, not fight to maintain what you're already at

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

my comp ideas are probably bad though. I think after a 20 minute payload match of where both teams got to run it back, I shouldn't lose 40 SR after a tight game where I'm like 60-20

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

my comp ideas are probably bad though. I think after a 20 minute payload match of where both teams got to run it back, I shouldn't lose 40 SR after a tight game where I'm like 60-20

Or when a KOTH gets to 2-2, 99%-99%, and then goes into overtime. I had like 29,000 healing as Lucio on one of those once.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

MEI CINEMATIC!

Sorry, I meant CINE-MEI-TIC!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tjcm_kI0n0

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

what a boring cinematic, jesus

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

frajaq posted:

what a boring cinematic, jesus

:getout:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Maybe you can hire...The Mei-Team

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Mei is like the white man's waifu made flesh

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

That was... kinda dull. Especially after Junkertown: The Plan and the Bastion short.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I liked it!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can make an ice gun out of a blow drier but you can't fix a car?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Still no captions for these things, eh.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

New animated short tugging at the ol' heartstrings. I liked Mei's messy bed head.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
That cinematic was really good.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well I wasn't expecting to be teary-eyed about a robot today

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
There was a supposed leak a while back that said the next animated short would be about Mei. I wonder if they were right about the rest of the stuff they brought up.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Kai Tave posted:

There was a supposed leak a while back that said the next animated short would be about Mei. I wonder if they were right about the rest of the stuff they brought up.

Yeah they were, the other part of the leak was details about Orisa. Well and it also said Doomfist is a "black guy" without other details.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
When do we get Mei's costume fron this cinematic?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

do you guys think Jeff killed the leaker with his own hands or hired someone else to do it

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The new short is really bad.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
The Hearthstone short was way better.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

angerbeet posted:

Yeah they were, the other part of the leak was details about Orisa. Well and it also said Doomfist is a "black guy" without other details.

Ah, I must be confusing it with another leak that claimed to have details of a few more characters past Doomfist.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Kai Tave posted:

Ah, I must be confusing it with another leak that claimed to have details of a few more characters past Doomfist.

I just saw the one image, there might have been more, I think it was a 4chan thread.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

angerbeet posted:

I just saw the one image, there might have been more, I think it was a 4chan thread.
Yeah, there was an alleged leak about a Greek lady with a whip-sword.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Something about Lucioball finally clicked for me and I like it now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywBABvLqN8o

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

angerbeet posted:

Well I wasn't expecting to be teary-eyed about a robot today

that did nothing for me because I knew the robot would be fine. idk why mei acted like it was dead when it started off in a charging station

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

that did nothing for me because I knew the robot would be fine. idk why mei acted like it was dead when it started off in a charging station

Because the charge station was hooked up to the stations power supply. And the station just used up its last bit of power. Hence why the bot drained itself to give the station one last jolt.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Mei's backstory is a lot more depressing when you see it directly.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Yeah turns out waking up in what is now essentially a high-tech tomb is kind of hosed up.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Bumper Stickup posted:

Because the charge station was hooked up to the stations power supply. And the station just used up its last bit of power. Hence why the bot drained itself to give the station one last jolt.
Yeah but like... if she ever got out she could obviously just recharge it again and it would be fine.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah it does get a little melodramatic by hiding the fact that there's a solar charger. Still, it makes her realize just how alone she is there during the time snowball is out, so it makes sense for desperation to creep in.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bumper Stickup posted:

a) she charged him up anyway somehow

b) if she survived, which we know she did, she could just charge him literally anywhere else

the robot was always gonna be fine. the noble sacrifice he made boils down to taking a nap

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Hook Mondatta up to some solar panels you fools!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that dude got shot in the head. the snowbot used up his battery. get him some aa's and he'll be fine

hell of a battery too considering it powered the whole room

e: VVV yea the ice gun as a means to scale a tower was really weird. I still think she could have fixed that car, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

We already know the robot survives because he's a part of Mei's ult.

The short was bad because they decided to make it dramatic instead of funny but there were no stakes or tension, the script and performances were bad, and the idea of designing Captain Cold's ice gun to deal with the insurmountable task of climbing a tower makes basically no sense.